TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 295 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227323742475257107257 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Bloody hell, UnrelatedComa.

Whatever bruised ego I may or may not have over this issue is totally irrelevant. The fact remains that the game never even MENTIONS Silver Dragons before you are asked to make a decision about them. So the only way to know about them - and their significance - is from OUTSIDE the game. On top of that, the game even pretty much pats you on the back whenever you kill any of the other-coloured dragons, so it's not a stretch to think that someone unfamiliar with D&D lore would make the same assumption about the silver one.

That is a design flaw, pure and simple.

And I highly doubt this is any different to an Evil-aligned party, so the fact that mine was Good is pretty much irrelevant as well (FWIW, I didn't even go through with the quest in the end and just reloaded the game, but even that is irrelevant here, really). Your final paragraph is such a gross misrepresentation of the facts, it's not even funny.

I'm glad you find all of this amusing, because I sure don't your utter lack of comprehension. You can carry on arguing past me all you want, but me - for my part - I've had enough of indulging you any further.

Quote Originally Posted by UnrelatedComa View Post
    opening gameplay != intro
    Yeah, that's probably why I said it has the slowest opening ever.

Nearing the end of Diablo 2 (not counting the expansion content). All in all not bad. Gets a bit monotonous after a while though.

And also nearing the end of Powermonger on the snes (via emulator). The designers of this port definitely didn't play test a good percentage of the levels as they often have towns that are only half inside the level making them unconquerable (unless you kill the people you can't reach with ranged weapons) and some levels are either unbeatable due to not having needed npc types around (Fishermen usually) to make the items you need to proceed or require some tricks to beat.

If it wasn't for my years of experience with this port of the game and knowing of the tricks you can do (most of which were unintended programming fuck ups I get the impression) I'd not have beaten as many of the levels as I have. Only 1 level so far has been completely unbeatable even with tricks. I just hope this game doesn't require you to beat 100% of the levels to win. I'll find out soon enough. Might type up a game tricks FAQ and submit it to gamefaqs.com once I'm done with the game as there is very little FAQs available for it.

I know I could play the PC version of the game which is graphically superior, but this is the version I was introduced to as a kid, and is the version I'd always wanted to beat. So alittle torture along the way won't stop me. Hopefully.

On a side note, being able to post on stuff like this is why I love this thread. I'd never have created a thread just to say "I'm playing Diablo 2" or my issues with Powermonger. It's just nice to have a place where I can post the lesser things unworthy of their own threads.

In my case, I just finished STALKER: Call of Pripyat last night. Highly recommended. Enjoyed the Fallout-esque ending montage . Note that Strelok died during the final evacuation sequence, but I'm happy enough with the ending that I don't really want to try again and babysit him.

EDIT: I also stupidly did the entire sequence at night. Playing the game entirely in green-view doesn't help me spot Monolith forces...

Now I'm ready for the Human Revolution!
    Last edited by Zerker; 10th Sep 2011 at 18:24.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Bloody hell, UnrelatedComa.
    lol

I'm glad you find all of this amusing, because I sure don't your utter lack of comprehension. You can carry on arguing past me all you want, but me - for my part - I've had enough of indulging you any further.
    u mad bro?

since active conversation is discouraged out of topic ill stop by the other thread. honestly i wasnt even particularly looking for replies in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Yeah, that's probably why I said it has the slowest opening ever.
    maybe....

on topic currently playing commandos 1, fallout tactics, dead island ps3, and dying for the magic 2012 expansion coming next week.

El Shagmeister

Quote Originally Posted by Zerker View Post
    Note that Strelok died during the final evacuation sequence, but I'm happy enough with the ending that I don't really want to try again and babysit him.
    Fucker got killed on my watch too, damn shame. I guess, in a way, this would serve better as a canonical starting point for STALKER 2 (depending from what ending/premise they take cue in developing story).

Oh well....death is always close at hand, just a little bit closer in the world of STALKER.

Thief 2
    Call of duty 1
    and Sims 3
    Couldn't find the time to dig out another game. oh well.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    And NOW we hit the real reason why the old thread was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by taffing benny View Post
    Thief 2
    Call of duty 1
    and Sims 3
    Couldn't find the time to dig out another game. oh well.
    props on CoD1. cant even count how many times i played that with the music off and winamp on something contemporary back when the game was new.

also on thief2. ive tried 3 of the fixes for running the game on a dual core processor listed on the forums here and none of them took.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    And NOW we hit the real reason why the old thread was closed.
    i saw one of your posts in the FO forum. you and i should have an aggressive conversation regarding FO3 some time... lol

Just keep it outside the main thread.

Quote Originally Posted by UnrelatedComa View Post
    i saw one of your posts in the FO forum. you and i should have an aggressive conversation regarding FO3 some time... lol
    Let's not, because you suck at debate.

He's actually better at proper "debate". You are just better at screaming about how stupid other people are.

Still Subjective
    Thing is, he's usually right.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

I just finished Zeno Clash which was a much nicer experience than I expected.The gameplay is sound (albeit sometimes clunky and with horrid pickup-detection), and the set-pieces varied to keep one engaged, but never overstaying their welcome. The world feels alive and interesting, and the art team definitely did it justice. . I absolutely LOVED the part when you get to hunt rabbits in the desert with the giant mamoths roaming around. Sunset, sand, chilly music, two pistols... perfect execution. The overall weirdness also reminded me of the Beetlejuice sandworm parallel universe thing.

I also particularily applaud the game's narrative for both ingame coherence AND self justification. I'm talking about pieces such as "Oxamotron (sp?) He walks in a straight line. That's just what he does" - they work well in the context of the game and as spoken by our protagonist, but they also have a snide agenda of explaining to the player the logic - things are just because. Accept it. Enjoy it.

Although, by the end, I was hoping for a bigger plot twist with Father-Mather's secret. It was kinda... meh. And I dont get the ending. When Golem says he will unite everyone in a way they don't realize, solves a rubix cube, and we see one of the dark mechanical creatures watching them. The end. WTF? Can someone explain this to me? Unless the whole point was not to make sense and just be. Because in the world of Zeno Clash, things are just because.

Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    He's actually better at proper "debate". You are just better at screaming about how stupid other people are.
    Yeah, but you're banned.

The original Operation Flashpoint (not the latest "raping the grave because we own the name" imitations by Codemasters).

Thief (various FMs).

Occasionaly Mount & Blade (though mainly because I'm making a mod for it).

Europa Universalis with the Napoleon's Ambition and In Nomine expansions (my Scottish colonial empire is growing promisingly ).

DEFCON (nothing like obliterating humanity in a nuke apocalypse to blow off some steam).

Stronghold ('cause I love castles and the first two installments of this series).

Finished off Powermonger a few nights ago, only to get the equivalent of a "I won!!!" type 2 second ending and then sent back to the menu screen with no credit sequence or anything. How 80s .

And I also finished off Diablo, in Diablo 2. This time round since I knew the game alot better I only died a few times. Now onto the expansion.

Thirdly I started playing Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals. Been playing so many PC rpgs lately, I needed some console rpg loving. Had played this game a long time ago, but never finished it (repeating pattern I know).

Knows his stuff
    Besides DX:HR I'm also playing Guitar Hero World Tour. Found it in a bargain bin for 5 bucks so I got it despite there not being many songs on there that really grabbed my interest(mainly just Willie Nelson's "On the road again" and NOFX's "Soul Doubt"). But as usual with the Guitar Hero games you're likely to (re)discover a bunch of new favourites(Nirvana's "About a girl" is pretty good!). I'm playing on Medium difficulty and mostly rocking the shit out of all the tracks.

As for DX:HR, I'm spending upwards to 3-4 hours with it every night now. It has me completely sucked into it's universe like all the best games do. It doesn't shake my world like the first game did but it is a great game. Up there with the Arkham Asylums, EfBBs, and Mass Effects of the gaming-world. It's pretty goddamn great.

JUST finished Human Revolution. Will post my opinions in the relevant thread.

About to play Terraria and Amnesia on Steam.

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    not being many songs on there that really grabbed my interest(mainly just Willie Nelson's "On the road again" and NOFX's "Soul Doubt")
    The track that unlocks when you finish the game makes up for EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    EfBBs
    What is this you speak of?

Chakat sex pillow
    Earnest foo' Bumps Bimbos

I think he meant Riddick

Escape From Butcher Bay.

Administrator
    My money was on that seminal title "Everyone fancies Buxom Babes" but only Henke can clear up the confusion now...

Page 7 of 295 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227323742475257107257 ... LastLast