TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 457 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944495459109259 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

is Best Pony
    Sounds like a plan!

So I picked up an Xperia Play recently. And the wonderful d-pad and buttons has prompted me to download an assortment of emulators so I can enjoy my assorted classic console games on the go (through the legal gray area that I own them but didn't rip them myself).

In any case, I finished the SNES version of Prince of Persia today. YAHOO!

It was great. However, I could not imagine doing it without save states.

Also: Damnit Jaffar, stop parrying! At least I found out that pounding block and attack usually works pretty well to keep the parry going and immediately counter when he lets his guard down... a minute later

On an old-school adventure gaming streak. After playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atantis, tonight I finished Beneath A Steel Sky. Fun but somewhat uneven in tone, mixes SRS BSNS with childish humor. Now I'm downloading a teenage favorite, Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within, from gog.com. I already own it on CD but it's at my brother's house and I think one of the CDs is scratched. After that I plan on playing Under a Killing Moon, which I also have fond memories of. Then I think I'll go back to more modern 3D games.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    After that I plan on playing Under a Killing Moon, which I also have fond memories of.
    Don't forget to pick up Pandora Directive from GOG if you don't already have it. I only played it recently and still loved it.

Is Pandora Directive also played via DosBox? I want to check it out, but my PC is only a 3GHz P4 (non-dual core) so I'm worried whether it will run fast enough in DosBox.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

So last night I saw that Steam had patched CoD: Blops MP (the update was ~650MB, so they probably rolled out a new premium map pack to everyone. Locked content of course.) and randomly decided to played that for a bit, surprisingly being able to find some Australian servers which weren't 24/7 Nuketown. Even after ~10 months of patches and driver revisions, that game is still an unoptimised dog, performance wise. gg nextmap Treyarch programmers.

Yes, it plays via Dosbox, but it isn't any more demanding. I played it on a 1.6 GHz Mac Mini (Core Duo).

Quoth the raven
    I tried Bioshock, but I think its pretty shitty. The game's just too complex . What is point in shooting fire or lightning at a buster when you can just shoot him and get equivalency of results.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerker View Post
    Yes, it plays via Dosbox, but it isn't any more demanding. I played it on a 1.6 GHz Mac Mini (Core Duo).
    Okay I guess it'll work then, thanks! I just got an e-mail that the Tex Murphy games are 50% off this weekend so I took the opportunity and bought Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive.

The Alchemist
    Hmm, I got Deus Ex:HR just yesterday, and I've been loving every second of it. It feels a lot like the original Deus Ex, not sure about the haters. Anywho, I dont want to kill this game in one sitting, which I tend to do, so I glanced at a FAQ to see how many chapters there are, and I realize I'm nearly at the halfway point... and I've only been playing for a day... plus I did all the side quests that were available in the first area... I mean, to give you an idea where I'm at, I just boarded a shuttle to TYM. So... should I slow down? I'm going to play some Minecraft until someone replies. -_- I hate burning through games, and I'm on the hardest difficulty too...

The one recommendation I can give you is to try and do every last thing in an area that you can do before moving onto the main quest line.

For example earlier on you could have knocked out every cop in the Detroit police station and hacked all the computers. Which would have netted you alot of xp / praxis points. Making sure you explore each path to an objective is another. Sometimes you'll come across destroyable wall pieces which gain you access to extra goodies and sometimes small new areas to explore (if you have the appropriate augmentation to punch through those wall pieces).

The game has hidden places ALL OVER THE PLACE. Sometimes requires alittle outside the square style thinking to get to them.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever420 View Post
    I tried Bioshock, but I think its pretty shitty. The game's just too complex . What is point in shooting fire or lightning at a buster when you can just shoot him and get equivalency of results.
    HRNRNRNRNGHGHGNRHGHGHGHNRGHHRNGHRNGHRNGHGNGH

Quote Originally Posted by Forever420 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    HRNRNRNRNGHGHGNRHGHGHGHNRGHHRNGHRNGHRNGHGNGH
    oh christ here we go

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    It feels a lot like the original Deus Ex, not sure about the haters.
    Are there haters? So far I've heard nothing but praise for the game(and rightly so).

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Are there haters? So far I've heard nothing but praise for the game(and rightly so).
    There's bound to be Angry Internet Men (who typically can never be pleased) that disliked HR.

I personally adore the game, but it's not without it's flaws. People whined that the XP reward system favours stealthy players rather than a run & gun play-style, but I say it doesn't matter, as you'd probably end up a walking bionic god regardless of play-style. Like with Fallout 3, I'm at ~60% point in the narrative and am just pumping Praxis points into whatever random aug slots (bar seemingly useless ones like Mark and Trace, noise meter, last known location and cones of vision; also I'm avoiding ones which aren't really needed for my current stealth build, like Dermal Armour).

El Shagmeister

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    If there's something/someone to love, there will always be someone to hate it/him/her.

C'est la vie, mon ami.

Chakat sex pillow
    But no one hates Ringo.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Octopus's Garden is such a shit song.

I'm taking a little break from Ultima VII (I've been playing Serpent Isle, but it hasn't got me hooked as much as The Black Gate did) and Guild Wars, so I decided to try something new for a change...

Titan Quest and Fallout: New Vegas (as well as a few other games that I really should try) have been lying unopened on my games shelf for a bit too long already, so I had to decide between those two. I ended up trying Titan Quest at first, mainly because installing the "must-have mods" for Fallout: NV that someone suggested to me seemed like a painful process. (I may just give it a go without any mods once I'm done with Titan Quest.)

I had read mostly good things about Titan Quest, but still my expectations for it weren't very high - I guess I was just expecting to see yet another Diablo clone. And to be fair, that's pretty much what it is, but there's something that makes it stand out from the other Diablo-like games that I've tried. My first impressions weren't all that great either, the beginning is frustratingly simple and therefore a bit boring, but things get more interesting as soon as you start getting some new skills and equipment.

I've now played Titan Quest for ~16 hours, and it's already quite obvious to me that there's a lot more depth in it than in Diablo 2 for example. There seems to be a lot of different class combinations and different builds/skill sets to try out. The gameplay does get a bit repetitive, but I think it's great fun in small doses. The game still looks pretty good to me, even if it's more than 5 years old, and the ragdoll physics are kinda fun sometimes. I even find the story that has a lot of references to Greek mythology somewhat interesting.

My only real complaint is that the normal difficulty level, the easiest of the three difficulty levels in the game, has been far too easy so far (the harder difficulty levels have to be unlocked by apparently finishing the game on normal first). I've only died about three times so far, and only because I've run out of health potions without noticing it. Hopefully the game will hold my interest for long enough so that I can try out the harder difficulty levels too.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Octopus's Garden is such a shit song.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Well I just finished DXHR. I don't know what I was expecting from this game but I it wasn't this. I thought the gameplay videos and trailers looked good and all, and I expected a good game. But I don't think I was quite prepared for it to be a good Deus Ex game as well. A sequel worthy of the name. Holy shit. How did that happen?

Uhh yeah. Anyway I got Dead Rising 2 and Deadly Premonition for the 360 waiting for my attention next. Think I'll start with Premonition.

The Alchemist
    Yeah, I beat Deus Ex too... I tried not to I swear, but I was hooked. I feel as though the narrative lost its depth near the end but I can't complain, the game was otherwise sublime. I just wish it were longer, as I played the game I was reminded of how long the original Deus Ex was, how varied the environments. I miss the Paris catacombs... also the game felt more linear than the original, as if the sidequests were a distraction from your main goal, but that could just have been due to the strength of the narrative propelling you ever onward. All in all I have no serious complaints, great fucking game, a worthy sequel to Deus Ex, I just wish that my first run through it wasn't on the hardest difficulty so I'd have a good excuse to play it again, other than wanting to complete all side quests or anything I might have missed etc.

There's definitely trade-off between looking good and the length and linearity. I enjoyed every second of it, but also wished it were a bit longer. But then, the original Deus Ex is about as graphically stunning as Minecraft.

El Shagmeister

Oi, be nice.

Minecraft doesn't look -that- bad

(hurr durr)

Yeah, just finished DE: HR yesterday. Awesome game, a bit more length would have been nice, but I loved it to bits. Great Deus Ex game indeed, henke

And now I return to Faerun and Throne of Bhaal. Also, playing a lot of classic NES roms. Awesome times!

Cheers!

Well we wont have to wait long till Missing Link comes out. So be more DX:HR times to be had once that's out.

I'm still ploughing my way through Lufia 2. Good fun. Not alot of side content to do, but there's been some. And there's the usual optional side bosses/different way to take on a main quest line boss which requires leveling up or using better tactics to beat.

Determined to beat the game this time round. Then be back onto Diablo 2.

Call of Duty. Lots and lots of CoD...I bought CoD Classic on XBLA and am finishing my first play through World at War and replaying CoD4: MW. I dunno what the fuck is going on either...

Page 9 of 457 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944495459109259 ... LastLast