TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Sorrowful Farewell (15/10/2011) updated to v1.01

Have a look in the hints folder in the zip.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post

i was not able to get the zip to open ,it was just a bunch of weird symbols

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Did you not see my screenshot, it has no letters in it....the code in the hints directory does.

i have same problem people don't want to straight out give us the answer even though we cant figure it out even with letters and numbers in hint,they don't realize not everyone is as smart as them,i sent maker of fm a message and i hope he knews what it is other wise i am going to dump fm and never play it again.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    Did you not see my screenshot, it has no letters in it....the code in the hints directory does.
    No I didn't see it. I don't remember what the answer is.

Sorry guys, I don't visit here very often anymore.

You can get the code and other hints in the 12th volume of Ricebug's walkthroughs here: http://www.ricebug.net/thief/Thief.html

i cant open it with wordpad or notepad ,also i dont have a unzipper,and i feel i dont want to start downloading things on this comp for a code

does anyone know the code ,getting to the point now i feel no one knows it?

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i cant open it with wordpad or notepad ,also i dont have a unzipper,and i feel i dont want to start downloading things on this comp for a code

does anyone know the code ,getting to the point now i feel no one knows it?
    This FM is a year and a half old, most people aren't just going to have a code memorized from that far back, especially if they've played 20/30/40 FMs since. I'm not sure why you'd expect that. Hell, I can't remember codes from my own FM released just last year.

Are you using Darkloader to load FMs? If so, you don't need to install an "unzipper" - just install the FM through Darkloader, but don't play it. Go to your Thief2 directory and there should be a /hints folder, open the file there with Word or notepad or something similar and the code will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Sorry guys, I don't visit here very often anymore.

You can get the code and other hints in the 12th volume of Ricebug's walkthroughs here: http://www.ricebug.net/thief/Thief.html
    The Ricebug walkthrough only mentions the samething as the hint:
    What’s the combination to the lock in the tomb?

A13BC42D

I wonder if having upgraded to thief 1.19 has somehow messed up the graphics on the buttons or something , i just get numbers only - per this picture:

What are we missing?

Southquarter.com/fms
    I looked it up through Dromed it's 15723864. I just can't remember where the heck that code comes from, but you should be able to get through now. Maybe this is a good excuse for me to replay...

thank you so much you are a angel so pure the heavens couldn't hold you

now can you look at my question i had about thork ,i am also stuck on that

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I looked it up through Dromed it's 15723864. I just can't remember where the heck that code comes from, but you should be able to get through now. Maybe this is a good excuse for me to replay...
    Thank you...I have finally finished this level.

Impressive!

I had played it few time few years ago and never completed cuz i kept getting wrong game (others) so i lost everything so i go all over. this year, I decided to try again, saw update and their info what they have fixed, that's what I would like to check it out since I have enchancement Pack. Thief 2 will never tires me cuz of robots (even in other Missions too!). this mission is beautifully done and I'm impressed how it started to change and adding the stronger monster on every missions ... that ghost in Cloak is very impressive, sadly have same Dead Hammer's strength. Easiest kill is just 1 BackStab hit!

Not sure if this is a bug, but I activated the contraption, then I went to the stairwell where the glyphs and the metal trapdoor are, I frobbed the 4 glyphs in the proper order, but nothing happens

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/...psu88tqliz.png

Not sure if it's because I'm using version 1.0? I had it in my PC and got deep into it before realizing there was a new version

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug, but I activated the contraption, then I went to the stairwell where the glyphs and the metal trapdoor are, I frobbed the 4 glyphs in the proper order, but nothing happens

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/...psu88tqliz.png

Not sure if it's because I'm using version 1.0? I had it in my PC and got deep into it before realizing there was a new version
    Believe it or not, I can barely remember anything about this mission (or any of my other missions, actually). I can't remember what you needed to do to get the combination, but I am sure the combination won't work unless you solve the puzzles that reveal it to you. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Actually, I'm gonna watch Fen's video walkthrough so I can remember my own mission! I'm getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Believe it or not, I can barely remember anything about this mission (or any of my other missions, actually). I can't remember what you needed to do to get the combination, but I am sure the combination won't work unless you solve the puzzles that reveal it to you. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Actually, I'm gonna watch Fen's video walkthrough so I can remember my own mission! I'm getting old.
    I'll try and restart it with the latest version, see if it works.
    Amazing mission Haplo, but insanely hard (not that it's a bad thing )

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I'll try and restart it with the latest version, see if it works.
    Amazing mission Haplo, but insanely hard (not that it's a bad thing )
    Thanks, and I'm glad you are enjoying it. Maybe I should have made it a bit less hard, in hindsight.

There were no bugs reported with this part of the mission, so I doubt restarting it would change anything. To make that glyph combination work you have to first get this thing to happen: https://youtu.be/g-nPOIYYfnI?t=145

I'm replaying this fabulous mission and am near the end, but I can't place the gonkulator in it's place. It's isn't highlighted. Did I miss something?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I have to confess that I can't even remember what the gonkulator did in that mission. I'll have to take a look.

I don't actually remember but in my notes it says that you remove the gonkulator to sabotage the antenna. There's no indication that you have to put it back anywhere. What objective are you trying to complete?

It's OK. I did remove the gonkulator and the objective is OK. I don't know why I tried to put it back. Thanks for the response though!

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quite enjoyed this mission, I played my usual sandman style and then realised that was a mistake, so I played it again & pretty much ghosted it which was much more satisfying

Only found 4 secrets so I guess I'll just have to go back in sometime

I just wish the guardians could have taken out the monks

Thanks for this

I'm glad you enjoyed it! This mission in particular was a lot of hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post

I just wish the guardians could have taken out the monks
    I agree, That's one thing I would change if I ever release an updated version.

If you do get round to updating, is there any chance of teleporting the player to the top of the tower with no stairs when the gargoyle is replaced, just so we can see the battle with the monks & the hammers

That's an interesting idea. I have a tendency to crack every skull I see, so I don't think I have ever witnessed that myself either.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast