TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 377

Thread: T2 FM: A Sorrowful Farewell (15/10/2011) updated to v1.01

  1. #51
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2011
    Location: northwest u.k.
    I thought that was the crystal I activated with fire/ashes and ether but i cant seem to steel it.I could also have completely missed something somewhere

  2. #52
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    It's the Life Crystal you need and you'll find it in one of the cloister rooms. You'll need a key.

  3. #53
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2011
    Location: northwest u.k.
    oops just remembered theres a chest i couldnt open in that room cheers.The key is wot I need to find

  4. #54
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by trioptimumscapes View Post
    oops just remembered theres a chest i couldnt open in that room cheers.The key is wot I need to find
    Remember a mechanist guard's diary complaining about a bad smell? Go back and find the source of that bad smell.

  5. #55
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2011
    Location: northwest u.k.
    Awesome mission Just finished it .This ones up there with the best .Thanx for a great mission

  6. #56
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    I get a crash to desktop as soon as I try to jump out of the well at the start - no matter which direction I try to jump out in.

  7. #57
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    I get a crash to desktop as soon as I try to jump out of the well at the start - no matter which direction I try to jump out in.
    Let's start by making sure it has been installed properly. Install the original Thief 2, close DarkLoader, follow the instructions for "Clean up of files" here http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202
    Then install the mission again and give it another try.

  8. #58
    bikerdude
    Guest
    Excellent, I need a break from building my haloween mission.

  9. #59
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Haplo

    I really enjoyed this mission, and parts of it are beautiful! This is a request for some info before I replay the game (I only got half the secrets and missed a lot of loot).

    I played it in my accustomed style, blackjacking all the mechanists in order to explore freely. Then I had to deal with the undead monks, who came as a surprise. Then I had to run from the guardians whose arrival was not such a surprise (those statues had to come to life at some point), but which, I assume, are pretty hard if not impossible to eliminate. If I play this again and leave as many mechanists as possible conscious, will they and the undead monks fight each other and spare me a lot of combat?

  10. #60
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Haplo

    I really enjoyed this mission, and parts of it are beautiful! This is a request for some info before I replay the game (I only got half the secrets and missed a lot of loot).

    I played it in my accustomed style, blackjacking all the mechanists in order to explore freely. Then I had to deal with the undead monks, who came as a surprise. Then I had to run from the guardians whose arrival was not such a surprise (those statues had to come to life at some point), but which, I assume, are pretty hard if not impossible to eliminate. If I play this again and leave as many mechanists as possible conscious, will they and the undead monks fight each other and spare me a lot of combat?
    Of course. That would be your reward for ghosting the mechanists. And the randomness of the outcome adds to the replayability value.

  11. #61
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Italy
    I think I am experiencing something strange......after the intro movie, the mission starts and it's one I had already played, where Garrett has to free Jenevieve and Basso is waiting outside the mansion and has to be called with a birdcall. The saves are named Interference.......

  12. #62
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I think I am experiencing something strange......after the intro movie, the mission starts and it's one I had already played, where Garrett has to free Jenevieve and Basso is waiting outside the mansion and has to be called with a birdcall. The saves are named Interference.......
    Do what I suggested to malau above: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2094356

  13. #63
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Italy
    Thanks a bunch, Haplo!
    Started to play and I see snow....AAAAWWW, my fave ones!

  14. #64
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Italy
    Where can I find the armory key?

  15. #65
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    I'm stuck, I've completed every objective but I need to get the combination of the glyphs lock

    I'm using the glyphs that the "strange object" indicated, but I don't know the order...

    By the way, excelent FM Ali.

    Maga: The armory key is under one of the beds, look in the rooms watched by a camera.

  16. #66
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Poland
    Playing through it at the moment. Enjoying it so far, but it didn't grip me like your other missions.

    One thing though. I'm assuming that's just my problem, as I haven't seen any complaints about it in this thread - the framerate I'm getting is pretty horrible in the courtyard with the well and around it. It became a slide show when I looked down from the mission's highest point. I'm using the latest ddfix if that helps. None of the other fms gave me such trouble, ever.

  17. #67
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    I'm stuck, I've completed every objective but I need to get the combination of the glyphs lock

    I'm using the glyphs that the "strange object" indicated, but I don't know the order...
    Thanks Max.
    The order is not important.

  18. #68
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Thanks Max.
    The order is not important.
    There must be something wrong with the scripts then I'm using the same glyphs that were indicated but nothing happens

  19. #69
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    There must be something wrong with the scripts then I'm using the same glyphs that were indicated but nothing happens
    No scripts are used here, just normal combo buttons. Did the "get this contraption to work" objective tick off? Are you using the exact four glyphs that the light beams show? It is easy to mix them up.

  20. #70
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    No scripts are used here, just normal combo buttons. Did the "get this contraption to work" objective tick off? Are you using the exact four glyphs that the light beams show? It is easy to mix them up.
    Yeah, I've completed that objective... From top to bothom, I'm using these glyphs: The second, the fifth, the sixth and the last one.

  21. #71
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2009
    Location: Budapest, Hungary
    There's been mention of a candle which I seem to be needing just at this point (the newly unsealed crypt room is the only area where there's still anything left to interact with), but I haven't come across any candles anywhere Hint please?

  22. #72
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    @ DarkMax - those are correct I believe. I think you'll need to wait for Haplo to come back for suggestions on what to do.

    @ poronty - from what you say about the crypt being all that's left to interact with, I'm guessing you've done the puzzle with the beams in one of the rooms that was behind a seal in the cloister? If so, you should have the glyphs to use which will open a hatch to the candle you need. Come back if you haven't done that puzzle yet.

  23. #73
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2009
    I was having some fun with this mission until I read a plaque that said I need some essence of ether, now I'm just running around blindly. Can someone give me a nudge?

    Thanks for the great mission Haplo!

  24. #74
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    If you've opened the seals, then there are 3 rooms to explore in the attic area above the hall with the ghost/cloisters area.

  25. #75
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2009
    Location: Budapest, Hungary
    Thanks, somehow I forgot to check out the entrance to the rooms where the greenish flame and the strange object is located. But now I'm stuck again: I have an Ether, a Life Crystal and an Artifact, and there's a frobbable candle above the contraption. I understand that I need some ashes, and there's also that crypt where I need to place something in a plate, but I can't seem to figure out the next step... I must be really slow today because I'm just not feeling the flow of this mission, there's no sense of plot continuity for me at all.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •