TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Sorrowful Farewell (15/10/2011) updated to v1.01

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    If you've opened the seals, then there are 3 rooms to explore in the attic area above the hall with the ghost/cloisters area.
    OMG, how did I miss that the first 10 times in that room?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    @ DarkMax - those are correct I believe. I think you'll need to wait for Haplo to come back for suggestions on what to do.
    I'm not sure if it helps but the glyphs just worked fine for me.
    Last edited by Fuod; 16th Oct 2011 at 10:58.

@ poronty. You need the Holy Ash found in a room that was behind a seal on the perimeter to complete that frobbable lamp puzzle. There is a plaque on the lamp room wall telling you what order to do things in. You'll get to the crypt candle you mentioned earlier after you've done everything to do with this puzzle.

@ Fuod - possibly because it looks rather similar to a well-known junk item.
    Last edited by nickie; 16th Oct 2011 at 11:05.

Okay, I managed to finish the mission with the hints, thanks! Pretty much the source of my problems was that due to my frustration and annoyance with all the stupid enemies getting in my way everywhere I didn't check out two of the formerly sealed doors. Basically from the moment the whole area got inundated with those undead monk things, I just wanted the whole thing to end as quickly as possible...

[Also, too bad I will never get to see the stats screen and find out how well I did with the secrets and all, since the game routinely crashes after the mission completes Running Win 7 64 bit, tried to install the video codec but it doesn't work, so I deleted all the avi files from the movies folder, but the game still crashes. Oh well, can't have everything]

@ poronty, I can't help with the crashing I'm afraid, but if it will help, you could send me your final save game and I could hopefully load it and have a look at your stats.

mmm better don't break your head thinking about my problem Ali I better restart the mission and play it again

DarkMax and Haplo I am having the same problem with the glyphs could it be that I played around with the glyphs before completing the objective?? If so how do I reset them?? I have tried the correct ones several times. I really don't want to restart but if I have to I will keep most of the Mechs awake!! Please reply

P.S. This is a great mission and thanks for all of your hard work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Thanks Pedro. You'll get to the glyphs much later. For now concentrate on the codebook and the serpent keys. Check the spoiler I gave Yorad above.
    yes i already did that, i even took the chance to turn the map into an arena when the evil monks appeared, they stood no chance against my combat skills so is there any clue in the mission regarding the glyphs?

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    DarkMax and Haplo I am having the same problem with the glyphs could it be that I played around with the glyphs before completing the objective?? If so how do I reset them?? I have tried the correct ones several times. I really don't want to restart but if I have to I will keep most of the Mechs awake!! Please reply

I solved it by restarting and leaving the glyphs intact

Finished with 7 of 10 secrets, this time I didn't knockout any mechanist, I enjoy hearing the fight with the undead monks.

I'm stuck.... Need 4 doors opened. Armory, side-top cout-yard, electric door and door below stairs. Cannot get into windows or roof as rope arrows are too short. Does anuone know where to get a flare?

For the armory key read the notes of a drunken guard, who lost the key under the bed.
    A bigger hint: Check the room with the flower pot.
    The electric door will open when you get to the room of Sahab (was this his name?:)
    You get some keys as you play along. Just be patient.
    Don't forget to climb the big crate in the garden to get into the library.

I hope this helps.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

It should not matter if you have played with the glyphs before. As a matter of fact they get reset once every second until the "strange machine" is fixed. Make sure the machine objective is ticked off and you are pressing the correct glyphs. If it still doesn't work, send me a PM and we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    yes i already did that, i even took the chance to turn the map into an arena when the evil monks appeared, they stood no chance against my combat skills so is there any clue in the mission regarding the glyphs?
    Get the strange machine in the room next to the green fire to work and it will show you the glyph combination.

I have pressed the right combo several times. I have even gone back to the machine to make sure I wrote them down right came back and it still did not work? I will load another save and try again later.

I have pressed the right combo several times. I have even gone back to the machine to make sure I wrote them down right came back and it still did not work? I will load another save and try again later.
    What combo did you use?
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Check PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    For the armory key read the notes of a drunken guard, who lost the key under the bed.
    A bigger hint: Check the room with the flower pot.
    The electric door will open when you get to the room of Sahab (was this his name?:)
    You get some keys as you play along. Just be patient.
    Don't forget to climb the big crate in the garden to get into the library.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks Gloria.... I was was on top of that bed and the key wouldn't add to my inventory...

This a great FM.... My hats off to this author... Great music too.

I need to get the serpent keys and figure out what about the ghost monk that looks awesome..
    Just completed code book, sabatoge antenna, & Loot objectives.

Ok, pwl sent me his save game and I figured out why the glyph combination does not work for some people.

It is due to one of the funniest bugs I have ever experienced...

To all the taffers who are playing version 1.00, do NOT destroy the rotten barrels in the attic or it will break the mission and you won't be able to finish it. I'll upload a fixed version soon.

pwl, if you have an earlier save game with the barrels intact go back to it, otherwise you can either restart or I can send you a fixed save game. Let me know.

Wow that was quite a mission. It didn't get too tough until the Guardians were roaming.
    A few hints here were necessary for me to finish up. But overall, a very satisfying mission.
    As always, I look forward to your next! Thank you for this.

Where is the gold serpent key?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    Hint 1: Borj was seen carrying it to the main chapel (the area with the scaffolding). Search there.
    Hint 2: Climb the scaffolding and jump out of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    Look outside one of the cathedral windows on the roof.

Very stupid question, but Now that ive found the glyphs to use, I cannot find the glyph area again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I hate finding a place Ive been to and forgot where it was >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    Very stupid question, but Now that ive found the glyphs to use, I cannot find the glyph area again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I hate finding a place Ive been to and forgot where it was >.>
    Where the scaffolding is, in one of the side towers!

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Where the scaffolding is, in one of the side towers!
    Ahh, thanks!

I'm stuck! I've removed the seals, gotten some holy ash and some ether, but I have no idea what to do with it. I see people have mentioned here that you also need a candle for something, but I haven't found that. I also need to find the key that opens the chest with the life crystal in it. I've gone to the room with the dead monk, where I assume the bad smell is coming from, due to all the flies but there's nothing in there. What now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I'm stuck! I've removed the seals, gotten some holy ash and some ether, but I have no idea what to do with it. I see people have mentioned here that you also need a candle for something, but I haven't found that. I also need to find the key that opens the chest with the life crystal in it. I've gone to the room with the dead monk, where I assume the bad smell is coming from, due to all the flies but there's nothing in there. What now?
    You need to go to one of the rooms in the cloisters which is open now you've removed the seals. There are 2 joined rooms and you'll see a plaque on the wall in the right hand one which tells you what to do. You need to work out the combination in the other room to get the contraption.

After completing that puzzle and the glyphs, you'll find where you can get the candle. The key you're looking for is very close to where the book about the smell is. I think you're referring to the monk in the rooms that were behind a seal.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast