TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Sorrowful Farewell (15/10/2011) updated to v1.01

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I'm having a great time with this mission, still stumbling through a few places, but I think I'm close to the end now.

I've noticed a couple of places where the architecture "falls a little short":

# In the southeast section of the outdoors area, the outer north/south wall (the one with the barrels and crate on top that you can climb) doesn't quite reach the tower to the south.

# In the room south of the Mechanist chapel (the one with the staircase to the upper level, and the small courtyard to the west) the pole supporting the upper platform above the stairs doesn't quite reach all the way down.

Are these gaps intentional due to some technical problem, like scene complexity (loved that note, BTW) or just an oversight?

EDIT: OK, I've found the combination lock, but the clues provided are not giving me the right answer. I get the combination A13B4C2D, but it doesn't work. Can anyone point out to me what I'm doing wrong here?
    I'm stuck here... I've read the rules and your advice, but am still stuck. I was able to get ether & the life crystal in the meantime. I'm down to get this solved. As for the glyphs in the first maze next to the serpent key, I only found one glyph to open the gate to go upstairs and place "an object" on the empty pedestal... Which I did... This undead monk thing rules..... This is top 5 for sure....

code

I do not open up the grid, any code I tried. Those who have a working combination, please write. Thank you in advance.

Apparently the code is in a Hints doc in the mission .zip. (named "Combo.txt").
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 18th Oct 2011 at 12:18.

Code

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Apparently the code is in a Hints doc in the mission .zip. (named "Combo.txt").

Thank you very much! Is already running more ...

Where is the bronze serpent? I have a dead monk key, but no idea where to use it.

If you have found the code book re-read the coded notes and one will give you the clue for the bronze serpent. You'll find a use for the Dead Monk's key later.

I've only found 2 coded notes:

The one about the guiding hand which I need the bronze serpent to get
    The one about "the tomb of the founder" which does not seem accessible with anything I currently have

I think you're misunderstanding. You find 2 notes that are actually written in code. One is labeled "A coded note" and one is labeled "A note in code" when they are in your inventory. The first one is the one you need to get the information on how to find the bronze serpent key. If you missed finding them they are in one of the rooms behind the electrified gate, on a table.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 18th Oct 2011 at 16:08.

Ahh. Thanks, I completely missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    spoiler:
    Yes, that is the abyss. Frob the staff in the inventory first.

See, that's exactly what I did, but I still fell through! Maybe it's a glitch. .

When you use the staff, walk along towards the other end. A platform should appear

well.. I've riddled out enough to get the tomb puzzle done.. but now I got thru the trapdoor that was locked with the glyphs, and I cant get any further..
    seems the pool I found is so hot that jumping in kills you.... I managed to pick up a candle down there.. but I dont see any way to get across...
    spare a clue for a fellow taffer, friends?

Where are these glyphs, anyway?

Chest

I can't open the chest to get the cristal life where is the key?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    When you use
    spoiler:
    the staff, walk along towards the other end. A platform should appear
    Thanks! One more thing, I keep hearing some kind of maze being mentioned. Where is it? I thought it was the place in the library with the three gargoyles, but that doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    Where are these glyphs, anyway?
    well.. to find the glyphs for the door combination... go to the cloister.
    facing the outside entrance, bear to the left, and enter the tower with a wood stairway.. you'll see a trapdoor in the floor.. and the glyphs on an upright.

as to get the combination itself... you will have to have broken the seals first.. go to the monestary courtyard, and go to the chamber with coffins and the frobbable lamp.. when you activate the magick circle in there.. 4 beams will light up certian runes on the floor... the order I'll leave up to you to find..
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 18th Oct 2011 at 18:57. Reason: Please use spoiler cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji View Post
    well.. I've riddled out enough to get the tomb puzzle done.. but now I got thru the trapdoor that was locked with the glyphs, and I cant get any further..
    seems the pool I found is so hot that jumping in kills you.... I managed to pick up a candle down there.. but I dont see any way to get across...
    spare a clue for a fellow taffer, friends?
    Use the candle. The start up screen when you opened Thief gives you a clue. By the way, please put spoilers around your text here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2094828

Quote Originally Posted by reka1 View Post
    I can't open the chest to get the cristal life where is the key?
    Go back where someone was complaining about a bad smell and find the source of that smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Thanks! One more thing, I keep hearing some kind of maze being mentioned. Where is it? I thought it was the place in the library with the three gargoyles, but that doesn't seem right.
    The maze is where you used the hand.

spoiler:
    The maze is where you used the hand
    Ah, that's what I thought. . . . now to figure out what this "small attic" is that's supposed to be in there.

Lady Taffer, you'll have to get to a spot in the maze where you'll get a "vision"

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I have a problem regarding the dead monk... I got the key from him, but later on when I got to the locked chest in another room the key had disappeared from inventory. How do I now open the chest? All my saved games are past this point. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlyx View Post
    I have a problem regarding the dead monk... I got the key from him, but later on when I got to the locked chest in another room the key had disappeared from inventory. How do I now open the chest? All my saved games are past this point. Thanks
    This doesn't make sense. The key disappears only after you have opened the chest and picked up the life crystal. Please double check and let me know.

This doesn't make sense. The key disappears only after you have opened the chest and picked up the life crystal. Please double check and let me know.
    I know this doesn't make sense. I was also surprised, but not happy! I have double and triple checked. I have revisited the dead monk and also the locked chest. I originally got the key from the body, but by the time I made it to the chest the key was gone. Maybe due to saving/reloading, I don't know. I really don't want to replay the whole game again at this time, especially as I've already dispatched all the spawned monks. Do you have a saved game with that key I could use? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlyx View Post
    I know this doesn't make sense. I was also surprised, but not happy! I have double and triple checked. I have revisited the dead monk and also the locked chest. I originally got the key from the body, but by the time I made it to the chest the key was gone. Maybe due to saving/reloading, I don't know. I really don't want to replay the whole game again at this time, especially as I've already dispatched all the spawned monks. Do you have a saved game with that key I could use? Thanks
    Check PM.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Hotlyx, did you perhaps frob that key on a door or something that wasn't locked or didn't need it before getting to the chest? If the key was set to delete on use, then that can actually destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Hotlyx, did you perhaps frob that key on a door or something that wasn't locked or didn't need it before getting to the chest? If the key was set to delete on use, then that can actually destroy it.
    No, the key is deleted from a NVTrigContained script on the life crystal. That is why I'm baffled.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast