TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Sorrowful Farewell (15/10/2011) updated to v1.01

Thanks, Haplo! Good work. I especially much love snowy missions , there's very few of them.
    Though I hadn't pleasure observing from statues' view as the camera in the secret room doesn't work. Bug? Probably I could have something mixed myself having opened that room earlier by looking "through" grate and frobbing the lever.
    Nice interesting mission anyway, quite logical unlike Zontik missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Thanks, Haplo! Good work. I especially much love snowy missions , there's very few of them.
    Though I hadn't pleasure observing from statues' view as the camera in the secret room doesn't work. Bug? Probably I could have something mixed myself having opened that room earlier by looking "through" grate and frobbing the lever.
    That's how I got into that grate. I couldn't find any lever nearby, even after searching the toliet with the flies in it, then I found I could lean through the grate and frob the handle inside. But I also found the statue-cam did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    That's how I got into that grate. I couldn't find any lever nearby, even after searching the toliet with the flies in it, then I found I could lean through the grate and frob the handle inside. But I also found the statue-cam did not work.
    If you enter that area the wrong way you will break the scripting sequence and it won't work. The only way to get it to work would be going back to an earlier save.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    If you enter that area the wrong way you will break the scripting sequence and it won't work. The only way to get it to work would be going back to an earlier save.
    Just as I thought. Was this the end of story or else will there be a sequel? When combining the missions into campaign you could update each one including fixing camera "bug".

I am stuck .... I have solved the Puzzle to get the Glyphs and now I am searching for a place to use them ...
    I also need a candle for the Tomb

Please help me

At one end of the church/cathedral under construction are 2 towers, one with broken stairs. Look at the posts at the bottom of the staircase. The candle will come after that.

I have a problem with the dead monk no have key!

Are you sure you have the correct dead monk? There's a book talking about a bad smell just after where you used the guard's key. Look up in that room.

Has anyone found all the secrets? I haven't, but two hard to see ones are two rings: one on top of a shelf in the library, and one below the stairs in the basement of the house which has a second staircase blocked by boulders.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 19th Oct 2011 at 12:38.

Are you looking for hints?

No, the key is deleted from a NVTrigContained script on the life crystal. That is why I'm baffled.
    I may have used the key on a door. I just know I picked it up from the dead smelly monk with flies, then it was gone later when I got to the chest. I did open one locked door at the bottom of a wooden stairwell into the chapel, though. Not sure at what point.

completion

Bodies discovered by enemies: 5

Tut tut!

I just finished this mission on easy and now I am going to play it on expert, except during this run I will not use the blackjack at all if I can help it, because it will definitely make for a more interesting game later on the next try.

I have to say this is amongst some of the best FMs I have seen and played and it is probably Haplo's finest creation so far.

While I have not played all his missions, I had a lot of frustrations with his earliest missions (The Acid Trip) to the point where I really gave up playing it, with a few missions inbetween which showed more technical abilities and were playable and okay, untill I played the mission with the politician and the torture chamber done in black and white, which was probably his best till this one.

This FM was really enjoyable and if you have a list of some the top FMs to draw inspiration from if you want to make good missions, I think this should be one of them.

The puzzles, the theme, and the look of this FM were very well done and also how he managed to get some things into the dark engine that I did not know it had the capability to do.

The detail on the old monk's face was really good, the flipping blocks lava pool puzzle was very impressive and looked every bit as good as similar puzzles found in the old video games 'Undying' or the puzzles found in 'American McGee's Alice'.

Congratulations Haplo and thank you for starting off the Fall FM season with a very enjoyable FM on what I think is your best mission to date.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Are you looking for hints?
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Are you sure you have the correct dead monk? There's a book talking about a bad smell just after where you used the guard's key. Look up in that room.
    Tanks! I found the key

Finished! Thanks for making these missions, Haplo, I really enjoy them even though the puzzles do confound me sometimes.

Thanks everyone, I'm happy to see this mission was a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlyx View Post
    I may have used the key on a door. I just know I picked it up from the dead smelly monk with flies, then it was gone later when I got to the chest. I did open one locked door at the bottom of a wooden stairwell into the chapel, though. Not sure at what point.
    I emailed you back, but in case any one else is having this problem: There was some confusion about the keys. He had found and used some other key. He had not picked up the dead monk's key yet.

Thanks everyone, I'm happy to see this mission was a success.

I emailed you back, but in case any one else is having this problem: There was some confusion about the keys. He had found and used some other key. He had not picked up the dead monk's key yet.
    Thanks for your help. I found the other dead monk and the key, got the life crystal... now the guardians! Quite a challenge as I need more loot.

@ Marbrien - sent you a pm.

Thanks ..... Now I finished the Mission but with 6 out of 10 Secrets ...... is there a List of Secrets ???

Still looking for the other 4 :-)

Thanks .......... Now I finished the Mission but with only 6 of 10 Secrets .... So is there anywhere a Secret List ???
    Still looking fot the other 4 :-)

8 of 10 Secrets :-)

I remember
    - coinstack behind Mechanist Symbol in the Gate Tower
    - coinstacks in the chimney above the big fireplace in the guards barracks (where the bronze key is)
    - ring under the stairs, behind a barrel, in the outer barracks (where the broken stairs are)
    - gold nugget in the furnace in the Basement of the outer barracks
    - gold ring on top of a bookshelf in the library
    - easter egg (after open the well use the magic hand) with statue-cam
    - silver nugget behind a tombstone at the graveyard
    - golden crown on a bookshelf in the room where you find the gargoyle-statue
    Last edited by gitb; 20th Oct 2011 at 06:35.

Have another look at the 1st room accessed by the chimney and look outside the cathedral near where you found the gold serpent.

I have a lootlist including secrets which I'll send to epithumia.

Brother Squeeze? LOL Great mission. I started over twice. Once to try it on easy first. The other after I realized the benifit of ghosting. Fantastic.
    Last edited by bedwine; 22nd Oct 2011 at 18:03.

Hi Haplo!

I must say that I really enjoyed your mission. Beautiful architecture, excellent texturing, witch fun gameplay and interesting puzzles. You've talent to create unique missions (I loved Among Two Storms too).

Would be you interested in a Spanish translation of this mission?

Regards.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast