TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 377

Thread: T2 FM: A Sorrowful Farewell (15/10/2011) updated to v1.01

  1. #176
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2003
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Have another look at the 1st room accessed by the chimney and look outside the cathedral near where you found the gold serpent.

    I have a lootlist including secrets which I'll send to epithumia.
    Thanks .... now I got it all

  2. #177
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: USA

    key for the well

    I am not having any luck finding this.

    I only now have to find a way out of here/unblock my way out.

    Can I get a hint?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

  3. #178
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I am not having any luck finding this.

    I only now have to find a way out of here/unblock my way out.

    Can I get a hint?
    Do you have the Chapel key yet?

    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

  4. #179
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I am not having any luck finding this.

    I only now have to find a way out of here/unblock my way out.

    Can I get a hint?
    spoiler:

    First, return to the Forefather's tomb. The ghost you resurrected earlier will read a few lines at you and tell you that an attic has been opened.
    Secondly, go to the library (yes, you get to sneak around rampaging Guardians) and go up the spiral staircase in the middle to the first landing - the maze where you used the Hand. Go as though you were going to the upper level of the maze. A room with a oval entrance that used to have bars over it is now open. Search that room.
    Finally, you now have a well key. Use it on the well and exit as you entered this mission.


    - prjames

  5. #180
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: Frederikssund, Denmark
    Haplo,

    Great Mission!
    I just knew these statues would come to life.
    Thanks!

  6. #181
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    How can this goal be accomplished: "You just did a lot of people a big favour, Garrett."? I never came about it...

  7. #182
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    How can this goal be accomplished: "You just did a lot of people a big favour, Garrett."? I never came about it...
    The world would be a much better place without a certain individual.

  8. #183
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!
    AMAZING I restarted and finally finished !! Thanks again Haplo for over two hours of fun!


    P.S. The chant that the guardians were saying makes me want to replay Thief 3 again. That was unexpected

  9. #184
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    Need some help please, there seem to be many leads I can follow but I can't see what I am suppose to follow up on next and how to do it. I am totally stuck.

    But it looks like to advance in this mission I need to use these coded notes which I can now read. Unfortunately I can't find where to use this combination. The only thing I can find that fits this is the tower in the church under construction, with the metal panel in the floor and 10 glyphs. But the code note is for a 8 button combination.
    I've also pushed some of the buttons, yet the note says only push the buttons once, would pushing some of the buttons now and not completing the sequence break the mission?

    I am also not sure how to remove the seals, either.

    Some outright spoilers please
    Thanks!

    BTW really enjoying this mission, the atmosphere is great and the background music really gets you into it.

    EDIT: Nevermind, i worked out how to become 'unstuck', plenty to do now.
    Last edited by shadows; 22nd Oct 2011 at 06:40.

  10. #185
    Ghost
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Er... can somebody please clue me where actually to find the rope arrows? There weren't any in the armory, and I haven't found a stash anywhere. I'm pretty much stuck without them.

    Thanks,

    Dafydd

  11. #186
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    Nedd some help please, not sure how to move forward with this.
    I've got the Trinity Key, returned the Gargoyal, killed all the Monks, relit the Fire and opened the panel in the floor in one of the church towers leading to a underground place, put the candle on the grave and now i think i must resurrect this skeleton, but i have no idea where to start to find this Life Crystal. I read the monk who discovered it, and there's a locked chest in his room, no i can't find the key. So am I on the right track? If so could someone tell me where the key is? Thanks!

    Also after accessing the panel in the floor leading to the underground room with lava pit. Through trial and error i discovered invisible platforms i could jump to. I managed to get across to the other side, but couldn't go through the supposed gap in the fence. Anyway i was close enough to use the Artifect and it worked. But this leads to the end of the mission and of course without the other objectives done it won't end, in other words i broke the mission


    Dafydd, I am playing on Normal difficulty, so i have been given one rope arrow at the start. But i later found another 3. I believe i found them at the bottom of the stairwell next to the office with lots of those small slots for letters. There's a opened chest with bundles of rope and i think i found them there. This may be wrong, cos I can't remember exactly, but check there
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 22nd Oct 2011 at 11:08.

  12. #187
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Er... can somebody please clue me where actually to find the rope arrows? There weren't any in the armory, and I haven't found a stash anywhere. I'm pretty much stuck without them.

    Thanks,

    Dafydd
    One of the buildings outside the main monastery building has boulders blocking the stairs to the upper floor. I think the rope arrows are in the basement of that building, below the stairs, sticking out of an open crate.

  13. #188
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2008
    Location: Chesterfield, UK
    Ok, so I'm stuck too! So far I have Got the dead Monk's key, got the gargoyle, sorted out the beacon, got the gold serpent, got the silver serpent

    I haven't found the code book or bronze serpent yet. Maybe I'm blind but could someone tell me what to do next and where to find the code book? Thanks!

  14. #189
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    Cetus - you need to find Father Sahab at the top of the tower accessed from the library and get his gear key. When you've done that you can get into his room and get the code book. Then re-read the 2 coded notes for clue to the bronze serpent.

  15. #190
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2008
    Location: Chesterfield, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Cetus - you need to find Father Sahab at the top of the tower accessed from the library and get his key. When you've done that you can get into his room and get the code book. Then re-read the 2 coded notes for clue to the bronze serpent.
    Thanks Nickie!

  16. #191
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Nedd some help please, not sure how to move forward with this.
    I've got the Trinity Key, returned the Gargoyal, killed all the Monks, relit the Fire and opened the panel in the floor in one of the church towers leading to a underground place, put the candle on the grave and now i think i must resurrect this skeleton, but i have no idea where to start to find this Life Crystal. I read the monk who discovered it, and there's a locked chest in his room, no i can't find the key. So am I on the right track? If so could someone tell me where the key is? Thanks!
    The key to the chest - do you remember a book remarking on a bad smell nearby? And yes you are on the right track if you could just try not to break things!

    @ Cetus - you're welcome. Long time no see, stranger!
    Last edited by nickie; 22nd Oct 2011 at 08:41.

  17. #192
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    The key to the chest - do you remember a book remarking on a bad smell nearby? And yes you are on the right track if you could just try not to break things!

    @ Cetus - you're welcome. Long time no see, stranger!
    Thanks Nickie!
    I found the source of the smell in the room with the dead monk, i assume his the monk who made the immortality discovery. Unfortunately i searched the room and body and around the sides of the bed and can't find hair nor hide of the key. His diary mentions he fell trying to seal the chimney, so OK i assume the key must have fallen from his person. Searched the chimney and on the floor back to his deathbed, assuming he might have dropped the key dragging himself there. Unfortunately no key... Any further clues anyone

    EDIT: Nevermind I worked out the true source. Thanks!
    Last edited by shadows; 22nd Oct 2011 at 09:10.

  18. #193
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    No, that's the wrong monk. The book mentioning the smell is in the room where you used the guard's key, before you reach the large gate lever. Have a listen near the door and look up.

    Edit. Good!

  19. #194
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    OK, i think i've discovered a bug. I stepped through the portal to be sent back through time, i am in the corridor where the dead monk lies on his deathbed. But it looks like i am stuck halfway in the floor cause i am not my normal height, i cannot move and can't access weapons or gear.

    I reloaded from a save before i used the life crystal on Valfar and tried again but this time i end up back in his tomb and unable to move halfway into the floor.

    Also i will note each time i stepped through the portal for a split second i was in a room with a carpet and desk before i go to the next place stuck in the floor.
    Last edited by shadows; 22nd Oct 2011 at 09:18.

  20. #195
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2008
    Location: Chesterfield, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post

    @ Cetus - you're welcome. Long time no see, stranger!
    I've been doing some serious lurking, and I've been running through some old missions! Just finished the Lord Ashton series again

  21. #196
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Normally I'm in the batcave.
    FINALLY got around to playing this mission- really loving it so far, Haplo!
    ....Aaaaand, of course I'm stuck:
    Okay, so I've explored pretty much everywhere you can go using the armory, mechanist, guard, and priests keys. I can't figure out how to get into the forcefield areas. I'm assuming the next place I have to go is the library, but I can't figure out how I'm suppose to get in there- I have a feeling that I'm just wandering by it over and over again without noticing. The only entrance I can find to the library seems to be through the windows on the rooftop, but they're placed oh-so-teasingly out of reach so I can not quite mantle up onto them. I'm sure this wasn't even an intentional puzzle, I'm just feeling especially dense today. Any help?

  22. #197
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    FINALLY got around to playing this mission- really loving it so far, Haplo!
    ....Aaaaand, of course I'm stuck:
    Okay, so I've explored pretty much everywhere you can go using the armory, mechanist, guard, and priests keys. I can't figure out how to get into the forcefield areas. I'm assuming the next place I have to go is the library, but I can't figure out how I'm suppose to get in there- I have a feeling that I'm just wandering by it over and over again without noticing. The only entrance I can find to the library seems to be through the windows on the rooftop, but they're placed oh-so-teasingly out of reach so I can not quite mantle up onto them. I'm sure this wasn't even an intentional puzzle, I'm just feeling especially dense today. Any help?
    You're on the right track, access is via a window.

    Clue: There's somewhere else you can mantle to get access to the windows.

    Answer: Go around back, there's a crate you can mantle onto and then the ledge you can walk along to one of the windows

  23. #198
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Shadows: I have sent you a PM about the bug.

    Mike: The torture room.

  24. #199
    Ghost
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Hm... not sure what to do next: I've put the gargoyle on the pedestal; the Monks have killed the Mechanists and are patrolling the premises; I have the dead Monk's key, some loot, three rope arrows, and four secrets. But I have no idea where to go next or what to do, and the objectives are not really any help.

    Somebody, quick, tell me where to go! (No jokes, please.)

    Thanks,

    Dafydd

  25. #200
    Moderator
    Registered: May 2000
    Location: Thunder Bay, On., Canada
    Now you need to check out the areas that used to be blocked off with red fields.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •