TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101520252627282930

Thread: GTA V

Do you know whether the Import/Export gameplay requires you to be in a public session? As far as I know, that's the case with most of the DLC content where you assemble a group - which means a massively increased risk of finding yourself sitting in a bonfire while driving along peacefully.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I think so. I haven't tried playing it in a private session yet. And yes, during last night's session I did run afoul of a hacker. I wasn't set on fire, but I was ejected from my helicopter, fell into the ocean, and ended up loosing the cargo I was hauling.

Also some of these missions are a real pain in the ass when playing solo. Some of the cargo drops are divided into 3 small packages and you can only carry one per person. You can't even load them individually into a vehicle, instead you gotta make 3 individual trips between the cargo drop-zone and the warehouse. It's terrible.

I'll give this another go tonight, but unless things improve I think I'll go back to American Truck Simulator or Elite Dangerous for a more hassle-free cargo-delivering experience.

It's a shame - so many of these game modes sound great in theory, a good way to increase the longevity of GTAO beyond the missions and heists, but seeing how badly the open sessions are protected against hackers it's just too much of a gamble. I'd be okay with the hassle of starting a session, making sure that everyone's in it etc. etc., which is already much less user-friendly than it ought to be in this day and age, but you just need one idiot hacker and the game's basically ruined. I understand that these game types rely on different teams of players, but I don't understand why their way of handling this is to force everyone into open sessions.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Haven't run into any more hackers the other couple of nights I've played it, but even in an empty server without anyone else there to put sticks in my wheels it's still pretty infuriating. Yet I have a hard time not playing it. I've never really played any other MMOs, but I think this is the closest I've felt to getting stuck in that mythical MMO-grind I keep hearing about. I just wanna make enough money to buy a vehicle warehouse, which is 1.5M, but after 3 evenings of mostly sputtering in rage I've only increased my wallet from ~250 000 to ~490 000. This is so not worth it.

You’re still gonna keep at it though, right?

Level 10,000 achieved
    I might.

Ah, the beauty of the grind.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101520252627282930