TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA V

Only played a little of GTA4 but I have finished the 2 episodes, which were much better, more varied missions and better storylines as well.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    GTAIV is so much of the same three or four missions over and over. I wanted to like it so bad but my god it's dull.
    Agreed. I played it until the inevitable flying mission put the difficulty beyond my meagre capabilities and I seem to remember enjoying it, but can't remember any of the missions and very few of the characters.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Well I'm probably the biggest GTA 4-appologist on this forum so take this for what it's worth but I didn't think THE MISSIONS WERE THAT BAD YOU GUYS :U

They certainly were a lot more down to earth and low-key compared to those in the earlier games but it also meant they fit better with the tone of the game. Instead of hijacking a jetfighter, something simple like going to an appartment complex to kill a guy for reasons you're not entirely clear about become very exciting as you soak up the low-rent atmosphere and experience a day in the life of small time crook Niko Bellic. A man with not much to live for and but one single goal in life. Not a particularly noble goal when all is said and done but a man has to have something to look forward to, right?

I didn't like the invincible AI you had to hunt after and waste your ammo on in chasescenes though.

Anyway, judging by the trailers I don't think anyone has to worry about V's missions being as "uneventful" as IV's.

I want to play GTA4 to cruise a version of NYC whenever I want, my old stomping ground ... on top of the game itself. First I need to clear off 10-15 GB of space though, since I'm overseas. Still thinking about how to do that. May depend on if I want to keep Deus Ex HR on my harddrive when I finish it. Stalker, Dishonored, Mirror's Edge, MS FlightSim X & ArmA2 are staying (my other biggest games). But GTA4 really was the next game I wanted to get on.
    Last edited by demagogue; 16th Nov 2012 at 08:02.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Well I'm probably the biggest GTA 4-appologist on this forum so take this for what it's worth but I didn't think THE MISSIONS WERE THAT BAD YOU GUYS :U
    Hey, I may not be as vocal as you about it, but GTA IV is my second-favourite game in the series (San Andreas being my favourite).

Level 10,000 achieved
    *hi five*

That's the order I'd rank the GTA's in as well, even though I may have actually spent more time with GTA IV (mainly due to getting somewhat addicted to the multiplayer).

Speaking of multiplayer I hope Cannonball Run mode comes back in V. With that huge map it would be amazing.

Still Subjective
    I like it a lot too. I though I was the biggest GTAIV apologist at TTLG.

I never encountered invincible AI though - in the chase scenes I was often able to off the enemy before we reached cutscene X/location-where-shit-is-supposed-to-go-down or whatever.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I was refering to the cars being invincible. In lots of chases you can shoot out their tires and sparks will start flying but their car will still handle as if their tires were intact. Likewise you can riddle their car with bullets but it won't blow up.

But are you saying you were able to shoot the driver? Not sure I've even tried that, mainly just go for the tires when chasing someone.

Still Subjective
    I tend to ram them into a crash that gives me enough time to get out and rocket, grenade or machine gun the car to bits. Occasionally the crash has made them get out and then I just shoot them. The MP5 you can fire whilst driving does sod all unless you are very, very, very consistently on target. And I don't ever go for tires, just to try and destroy the cars outright.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Vice City Stories is superior to all that, you nancies. Its only real flaw is it's limited to PSP and PS2. (For the record, I own the PS2 version)

What is it you like so much about Vice City Stories? I've read a couple of reviews and most make it sound like an okay but by no means outstanding instalment in the series.

It's got the best soundtrack of the whole bunch (with the possible exception of the rap/electro station and maybe V-Rock, all the stations in VCS are superior to their counterparts in VC), a meaningful, dramatic storyline a la GTASA or GTA4 while never losing sight of the zaniness that made GTA so fun to begin with (Reni Wassulmaier is a high point), a much-improved version of the GTASA territory takeover system (you take specific buildings which you can repurpouse for a number of illicit activities that bring you cash, rather than awkwardly-defined areas) and overall is basically Vice City But Better.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Fiddled around with a PS2 emulator yesterday, trying to get Liberty City Stories playable. Enabling all kinds of unstable speedhacks and turning on "8-bit textures" actually made the game run at a quite steady 50fps. It looks like shit ofcourse but... beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Man, I tried that with Vice City Stories and ended up just buying the PS2 version outright (along with LCS in the double pack, good deal.) Shit wasn't happening.

Can't even imagine playing it on PSP.

ok so I looked at the radio track listing for Vice City stories and it does look pretty bitchin. So you say this wont be any good on an emulator?

I did some serious fiddling and nothing seemed to work for me. But really, the game is so good you might as well pay for the pleasure.

like buying a ps2 just for to play that?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Well some people have managed to get it running fine with an emulator, in my case though, it looked more like this, with everything including the music speeding up or slowing down depending on which direction you're facing.

Though like I said, turning down the graphics and textures made it run quite steady. Full speed ahead with butt-ugly graphics!

woah choppier than a bruce lee movie, I dont think could handle that.

Why you don't have a PS2 at this point to begin with is beyond me. Best platform of the previous generation.

El Shagmeister

Thank God my 80gig PS3 is fully backwards compatible, wheee!

Hey deth, is the game world in VCS the exact same as Vice 1? If not, are there any notable differences? It takes place prior to Vice 1 and is Lance Vance's brother, right? Thank you, sir.

There are some cosmetic differences and a few things either don't exist yet or are under construction in VCS. Perhaps the biggest difference is the empty lots east of the airport -- Sunshine Autos is pretty much just a small lot rather than the big dealership in VC1, and a large portion of the rest of the field has been taken up by a trailer park (many of your early missions are based here.) By 1986 it's just a parking lot.

Overall the city is cleaner and warmer-feeling. Part of that is because the buildings have had some cosmetic changes to them like more neon lights, and part of that is because VCS features a few graphical upgrades. It rains a lot less, too.

It was a good game to play in early spring, lemme tell you.

Thanks. I really need to play that.

Level 10,000 achieved

I don't think Hank done it this wayyyyyyy

Character introduction trailers:

Also there's a bunch of new screenies on the official site, showing off some impressive looking landscapes, cityscapes, jetfighters, bicycles, mini-submarines, scubadiving, parachuting, quadbiking, rapelling, jetskiing and dirtbiking.

I suspect that come September 17 I will disappear inside this game and not come out for a good month.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast