TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA V

Feature packed. I just wonder if it'll be fun this time.

dont be hatin now

seriously though, I am with henke, this looks like one enormous time sink, if you fill that sink with exploration and shenanigans.
    Luckily for me I dont have a job and my lady friend pays for me to lounge around the house playing games and cooking slow cooked meals filled with SEX.*

*may not be true
    Last edited by PigLick; 11th Jul 2013 at 06:46.

Don't ever stop cookin Piggy.

Anyway, I don't know what it is exactly but to this day I can burn around in GTA3 and amuse myself. But I barely got anywhere in GTA4. Everything felt like work. Probably beloved by the Zynga generation. I don't know.
    This time they at least sound like they're trying to inject a bit of Just Cause 2 into the affair, which is nice.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Other than possibly losing some control over a controlled online MP experience that all of the big publishers seem so precious about, I don't really see what they have to lose by embracing modding. The series has had incredible sales longevity on PC hugely because of mods after all.

SR4 will highly likely launch with Steam Workshop support, or else have it eventually.

Level 10,000 achieved

GTA Online reveal

(no, it's not a separate game, it's just what they're calling the MP mode)

The multiplayer was the thing I ended up spending most time with in GTA 4. As far as a couple years after release I would have periods of several weeks where I'd sit down every night, cue up some music via Spotify, and play the GTA Race and Deathmatch modes. So that they're beefing up the MP with separate storymissions and making it a persistent online world is only good news to my ears. Guess it'll be kinda like APB, except not kinda mediocre. Custom checkpoint-races is a cool addition as well. About the only thing I don't like about this is the GTA Online logo. I thought it was a placeholder at first, but I guess it's the real thing. Bleh.

Anyway, I'll likely be cruising around the streets of online Los Santos come next month. Hit me up if y'all wanna play some golf!

edit: OH MY GOD WHAT IF YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE THE GOLF COURSES AS WELL! Just imagine setting the hole like in a coffeshop or something several blocks away and then having to play through traffic and people's yards to get to it, driving around looking for where the ball landed etc. Ok now I'm probably asking for too much, but I hope someone mods that in since the golf-physics'll already be in the game. It would be like a 3D Super Stickman Golf.
    Last edited by henke; 21st Aug 2013 at 09:54.

Will you be playing on the PS3, henke? If so (and if you're not already in my list of contacts without me noticing), do add Thirith_ch to your friends. I probably won't be playing on that regular a basis, but when I am it'd be cool to bump into people I know... and kill them. On a golf course.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Unfortunately not, I'm on 360.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Apparently the soundtrack was leaked (by Sony, I hear, somehow!). Folks at Reddit have a list! Dude on Spotify has compiled a playlist! I've been listening to it a bit today and there's a lot of cool stuff on there that I'd never heard of previously. The good people at R* have clearly done a lot of cratedigging to uncover hidden gems old and new.

Flying Lotus as well as Soulwax/2manyDJs getting their own radio station in GTA = pretty cool.

Still Subjective
    I got the Spotify playlist too.

It's a really interesting mix and will be awesome in-game.

I'm looking forward to this one.

Official trailer available.

Why won't somebody buy me a PS4?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Pre-ordered! Just the standard edition. The Special and Collectors editions only seem to contain various nick-nacks, paraphanelia you'd be embarrased to be seen wearing outside, and horse-armor DLC. Don't think I'm missing much. Also, this makes GTA V the second game I've ever preordered (the first being DXHR).

Chakat sex pillow
    Word on the grapevine is that there's probably a next-gen double dip coming through for the PS4/XBone. PC version's where it's at for me at the moment, even if it hasn't officially been announced yet.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Yeah, same here. I'd much rather play GTA on PC, except where that's not possible (the PSP/PS2 Stories games, the two handheld games)

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    Why won't somebody buy me a PS4?
    That wouldn't do you much good...so far...

Since the new Metal Gear is being released on PS3 as well as PS4 I have no reason to start making my high-pitched whining noise yet.

Still Subjective
    If there is an enhanced ps4 version that's the one I'll get.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Still Subjective
    Damnit it's coming soon and it's still only advertised for PS3 and not PS4. Given the PS4 is coming in Nov and there is no news on a PS4 version anyway I'm going to have to get this on release day, aren't I?

I also saw this on facebook: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/rockstar...auto-v-6414215

I can't believe they are having to explain this.

Chakat sex pillow
    There's no way they're going to announce a PS4/Xbone version right around the release date for the current-gen versions, not least because those consoles aren't out yet, and because that would cannibalise sales of the current-gen versions and cause a mass of pre-order cancellations. It's already made its development budget back in pre-orders, apparently, so it'd be terrible business sense to muddy the waters right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    I can't believe they are having to explain this.
    Because god forbid people express interest in a female perspective in one of the most famous franchises in gaming history. Christ. This is all just reflexive for you, isn't it?

Even GTA1 had playable female characters. Like the males, they were personality-free -- just recolors of the top-down player character sprite -- but still, they had chicks' faces and names slapped on 'em.

Still Subjective
    This is another one of those over analysing cases that seem to be all over at the moment. GTA is about gangsters, gangsters are usually (not exclusively) male. They shouldn't have to even consider answering any more than "We just didn't."

Could they have a female protagonist? Or course. It'd be pretty different and I can imagine it opening up a lot of possibilities for the plot. But not having one shouldn't be questioned any more than not having a female lead in a Splinter Cell game.

GTA1 doesn't have the plot development of the later games, does it?
    Last edited by SubJeff; 11th Sep 2013 at 07:42.

So apparently the scale of the world map is ridonkulous

Still Subjective
    Hold up.

The bridge that the red arrow is pointing to is the bridge in the screenshot?!

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    This is another one of those over analysing cases that seem to be all over at the moment.
    Typical post from you. "Why aren't there more x in video games" "YOU'RE OVERANALYZING EVERYTHING! GOD! CALM DOWN, EVERYTHING IS FINE AS IS"

GTA is about gangsters, gangsters are usually (not exclusively) male. They shouldn't have to even consider answering any more than "We just didn't."
    That's bullshit and you know it. GTA isn't exactly specifically about gangsters. Even San Andreas, which started off basically mashing Juice with Boyz in the Hood, turned into The Count of Monte Carlo for, oh, you know, 2/3rds of the game? What GTA is specifically about is crime and criminal life. Look at Niko Bellic -- he has no real ties to any one criminal organization, but gets swept up in the machinations of the underworld because he feels he can't do anything else. Crime as a concept isn't exclusively male. I can't really say anything about GTAV -- maybe masculinity is a major theme in the game, maybe it isn't (it probably is though) so a female protagonist wouldn't work. That's not what I have a problem with. What I have a problem with is your immediate reaction to people wondering why GTA doesn't have female protagonists, which basically boils down to "ASKING ABOUT EQUAL REPRESENTATION IN MEDIA IS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD."

If I sound like a social justice warrior lately it's because everything you say is all about the status quo, which is what social justice tries to fight.

Still Subjective
    But this isn't my "immediate reaction to people wondering why GTA doesn't have female protagonists".

Wonder all you like. I even think it would be really interesting to have a female protagonist and it's a shame they don't have one actually. In fact if they did have one I'm not sure they'd be able to handle it in a non-misogynistic way!

This is my reaction to someone having to give an explanation to those people wondering, to Rockstar feeling pressured enough to issue some statement about masculinity or some such crap, to having to justify it. It's like I start writing a novel with a male lead and I suddenly have to explain why the lead is male. Fuck off, it's my book and this is how I'm doing it. Don't like it? Don't buy it. The next one might have a female lead but it all depends on what I'm writing and what I feel fits. Its not like the game is set in a convent and you're the only man there is it?

Diversity is important, but its important where it's relevant.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast