TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thief 4 Storyboard Art

Thief 4 Storyboard Art

Just found this today don't know if anybody has seen this yet thought i would post it.
    looks very interesting

http://marlondeaneart.blogspot.com/s.....%28Photoshop

New T2 FM In Progress (Unite The Dead) 98% Completed
    Add me as a friend on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/shanemullan
    Karras (Rust In Peace)

Emo zombie ninja?

jtr7
    Thanks!

There's a Marlon Deane, Senior Storyboard Artist on LinkedIn, employed by Goldtooth, which worked with Square-Enix on DX:HR's trailers/cutscenes.

It's an assassin-looking thief. I don't recognize much familiar signature imagery from the series, but bits, mostly the first pic, looking more TDS. I don't know if the bony, male-ish, squared, black nail-polished hand correlates to the bony, pointed, female-ish hand on the "See You Next Year" MIGS convention elevator door art, or not. No detail on the eyes to determine a Garrett connection. Are those moles on the left cheek? The last time we saw birds and lots of cages was in The Cradle, but no connection here.

Last edited by jtr7; 26th Oct 2011 at 00:45.

The very first frame, he appears to be latched on the side of the building.

Climbing gloves?

Well it seems Garrett breaks in a rare bird collector’s house?
    The looks on his face looks no better than this
    Probably he holds some loot in his right hand "in first person view"
    There is also a steam locking mechanism on a door?
    He carries a sword or bow in first sketch?
    Last edited by Kin; 26th Oct 2011 at 02:12.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Are those moles on the left cheek?
    More importantly, are those fucking black-painted nails?

So Thiaf's main antagonist will be some crazy bird witch. Don't know if want

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by jtr7
    black nail-polished hand
    Yeah, WTF?

Emaciated, angry, no mech-eye detail, black nail-polished fingers squeaking noisily on the wet window.

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    I can't believe they're going with five fingers on each hand.
    Last edited by Xorak; 26th Oct 2011 at 02:29. Reason: so angry right now

These all birds make huge noise, so its comfortable for any Thief.
    I'm interested the last screens with lady with umbrella and something like big steam-doors. Does Garrett live now in XIX century?

Clearinghouse
    First Images of Thief 4 Sneak on to the Net: http://www.screwattack.com/news/firs...ef-4-sneak-net
    Last edited by clearing; 26th Oct 2011 at 05:24.

jtr7
    Thanks, clearing and RazörFist.
    Last edited by jtr7; 26th Oct 2011 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spandex View Post
    Climbing gloves?
    ohGodpleaseNO!!!!!

Emo-Goth-horror-zombies game? Just go paint Jill's fingernails black and play Resident Evil, then.

And since when the frack did Garrett's eye regenerate?

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    And since when the frack did Garrett's eye regenerate?
    Do we even know for sure that it's Garrett?

Sorry; I could swear that I read somewhere that EM was bringing Garrett back as the protagonist in T4.

But that could also be wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited by Dia; 26th Oct 2011 at 09:06.

Ah, you have a woman's hand, milord!

the thread on the official has been deleted and the article from the blog too.

thank you for censorship Eidos .

All those brave developers trying to show us snippets which get deleted 12 hours after showing up...

Looks like we're headed for a female protagonist. Lemee guess - huge boobs, round ass, and tiny waist to lure in all the adolescent, casual gamers? And she'll be just alterna-goth enough to appeal to all of the tattoo crew, too.

(For the record, I'm fine with a female lead, just don't Lara Croft her to death, please)
    Last edited by Brethren; 26th Oct 2011 at 16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by van HellSing View Post
    Emo zombie ninja?
    Jesus... fucking anime shitty ninja art. Not hard to tell where this game is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Looks like we're headed for a female protagonist. Lemee guess - huge boobs, round ass, and tiny waist to lure in all the adolescent, casual gamers? And she'll be just alterna-goth enough to appeal to all of the tattoo crew, too.

(For the record, I'm fine with a female lead, just don't Lara Croft her to death, please)
    Yeah but...your post defies all logic! If you think we're getting a female protagonist based on these images, then you can straight away see that they're not going down the route of "huge boobs, round ass, tiny waist"! In fact, if the character here is female, then she is rather manly, I think.

I dunno, I hope it's meant to be Garrett and not a woman. But so saying, we have no context for these shots at all...they're from a cutscene, which - for all we know - is depicting, say, a rival thief!

Yeah, these are concept sketches at best, which means many things can change, and likely will. I'm just going by what seems to be the norm these days with female video game characters, that's all.

Edit: I guess there's a decent chance we'll play the girl from the end of TDS, and that way Garrett/Stephen Russell can still make a cameo or two as some type of elder mentor figure.

Or, Zaya?

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Yeah, these are concept sketches at best, which means many things can change, and likely will.
    No that's true, but I'd have thought if they were going down that route at all it would be evident to some degree in these sketches.

But yeah, even if we do have a new protagonist, Garrett could still be around.

Though part of me does think, if I'm not playing Garrett, it won't feel like Thief...

I'm surprised everyone's jumping immediately to the 'that doesn't look like Garrett' conclusion. The moles, the baggy eyes, the dark nails... they could be indentifiers of Garrett as an old man as surely as they could be for a zombie or an emo kid.

It's also a little hard to believe that someone working for EM (whether as an employee or contractor) would so carelessly put unreleased Thief 4 materials out on the web for anyone to find - I have to think this was intentionally leaked for the fan community or just for PR in general. Of course, the blog is completely gone now, quite predictable.

jtr7
    I was wondering how long the hardly-necessary "Voice of Reason" would show up and who's voice it would be. I'm not surprised. Circle complete.