TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thief 4 Storyboard Art

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    So, now Thief 4. There will be a thief in the game. There will be climbing into a building via a window in the game. There will be steampunk in the game. Well this doesn't sound so bad now, right?
    Steampunk is unconfirmed at this point :monocle:

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Steampunk is unconfirmed at this point :monocle:
    You can see in the last panel a bunch of steampunky pipes and pressure valves and assorted tech around the door. And, of course, actual steam escaping from it. Looks like steampunk to me.

TTLG forums. Bringing a shitstorm to every tiny bit of info on any post-LGS game, all the time, every time.

OK, the blurry beta test screenshot from Eidos website, that whole mess was ridiculous. But this is 4 storyboards from someone who is obviously involved in the project, to some degree. I think that's worth at least discussing, don't you? Especially when there hasn't been anything official released about the game.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spandex View Post
    You can see in the last panel a bunch of steampunky pipes and pressure valves and assorted tech around the door. And, of course, actual steam escaping from it. Looks like steampunk to me.
    Oh, missed that pipe. My bad then.

At least it looks like Garrett is making a comeback (one of my biggest fears was that they retire Garrett....)

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    The arrows point at nothing. If you think I'm serious, you're too serious. I'm not serious.

DAMN YOUR EYES!
    (Too late)
    Any relation?

Storyboard - Artwork - Video

did this..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7gL0hvPf9c hope you like it

Well done, Supremcee. Interesting.

I still don't like the black fingernails though.

Good stuff Supremcee. Interesting what a few sound effects will do.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Good stuff Supremcee. Interesting what a few sound effects will do.
    Thanks....let's hope black&white cutscenes will find their way back to the series....

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    did this..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7gL0hvPf9c hope you like it
    Superb.

There is no way anyone can assume the game will be bad through these storyboards. I can easily imagine these as part of the first Thief production. It has the usual Garrett, noir ambient, looting, sneaking.

If this really is part of the development of Thief 4 I think it's pretty good news. Doesn't say much, but exclude a few dark possibilities! We know it's not scifi with guns with mounted saws and refrigerator armors..

But if we're guessing here, allow me to post mine. That looks like Garrett, but without the scar and electronic eye, so this might be a prequel or a reboot. OR the artist just isn't familiarized with the character yet

Edit: ok, I admit. The black nails are making me nervous.
    Last edited by Gzumillo; 2nd Nov 2011 at 15:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Gzumillo View Post
    There is no way anyone can assume the game will be bad through these storyboards. I can easily imagine these as part of the first Thief production. It has the usual Garrett, noir ambient, looting, sneaking.

If this really is part of the development of Thief 4 I think it's pretty good news. Doesn't say much, but exclude a few dark possibilities! We know it's not scifi with guns with mounted saws and refrigerator armors..

But if we're guessing here, allow me to post mine. That looks like Garrett, but without the scar and electronic eye, so this might be a prequel or a reboot. OR the artist just isn't familiarized with the character yet

That's what I think too. We shouldnt except the worst until we get shown something that really says as a fact "this is something we old taffers can't like"....I#m looking forward. They've done a very good job with DeusEx HR, maybe they can do it again.........and then we throw unconcious bodies as weapons

Does the whole ninja/anime style not bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by Llama View Post
    Does the whole ninja/anime style not bother you?
    Psst. Llama. Come here. I've got a secret to tell you.

The secret is...

you're dumb

Don't tell anyone.

I didn't feel any anime style.. I do hate anime, though. I hope it's not going in that direction. And by 'ninja' you mean partially covering his face? I'm not particularly bothered by that, no :P

jtr7
    Wall-climbing, exaggerated squatting wide stance, footwear that looks more like a leathery sock than a boot, peeping eyes... Ninja-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Psst. Llama. Come here. I've got a secret to tell you.

The secret is...

you're dumb

Don't tell anyone.
    Where would we be without your priceless contribution and insight

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Wall-climbing, exaggerated squatting wide stance, footwear that looks more like a leathery sock than a boot, peeping eyes... Ninja-ish.
    That was what I was trying to say... you just said it better. But, because you or I may have described this, the statement in the eyes of the community does not receive any serious consideration or thought.

Kind of makes sense. I'll start worrying when I see ninja stars! until then it's still coherent with the original idea and it seems you're just trying to find something to complain about.

For what it's worth I'm still a little pessimistic about this game, but this leaked art didn't contribute anything to my pessimism. We all know this is going to be a console casual game.

Birdcages, birdcages... anyone else immediately think of Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit?

We all know this is going to be a console casual game.
    I understand why Dethtoll sometimes gets as mad as he does.

Didn't get it. I don't know this Dethtoll :P

I may have exaggerated on the "we all know".. I'm just being a little pessimistic.

lol the defender of Dethtoll

Jealous because nobody defends you?