Thread: Thief 4 Storyboard Art

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Jealous because nobody defends you?

jtr7
    Oh god, cats and dogs living together!

Moderator and Priest
    Mass hysteria!

Quote Originally Posted by Gzumillo
    I may have exaggerated on the "we all know".. I'm just being a little pessimistic.
    Eh, it's alright to be a little pessimistic. Everyone has their opinion. But calling it a casual console game is kind of a tired cliche these days. Based on DX (no matter what you thought of it), you can see it that EM will take the time to gear it for the PC, and it definitely won't be casual.

Well said, Renz.

I just hope that somewhere along the way they lose the black nail thing.

Very disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Mass hysteria!

Eh, it's alright to be a little pessimistic. Everyone has their opinion. But calling it a casual console game is kind of a tired cliche these days. Based on DX (no matter what you thought of it), you can see it that EM will take the time to gear it for the PC, and it definitely won't be casual.
    It's a worn off speech, but doesn't mean it won't happen

I haven't played the new Deus Ex to be so sure as you are. But it's reassuring to hear your opinion.

Considering the images are dated with "2010" and how little they reveal, I am indifferent about what I see in them. I'm sure much has changed conceptually in a year, especially with how early in development it was. I need to see something a bit for substantial before I let myself self destruct.

jtr7
    The effeminate nails and those gloves made it all the way through to MIGS 2010 last November, and the storyboards are for the movies, made to match the game's aesthetics, so those are likely to stay.

No need to overreact to storyboard art.

But if this is the direction they're going with the general game art as well, then you count me out of Thief 4. I'm not interested in playing some comic book geek's vision of Thief. Please stick to the dark, brooding atmosphere that made the first three Thief games so good.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
    But if this is the direction they're going with the general game art as well, then you count me out of Thief 4. I'm not interested in playing some comic book geek's vision of Thief. Please stick to the dark, brooding atmosphere that made the first three Thief games so good.
    Tell me about it! As soon as I saw that rainbow in that third panel, I was all like "FUCK THAT NOISE", and decided to bail.

Chakat sex pillow
    There's an absolute sodding dearth of rainbows in the Thief universe. It's all alleys and cobblestones and moonlight, almost like it's set in a parallel dimension extruded through Jack the Ripper's mind and butting edgeways into Moorcock/Lieber territory. Rainbows aren't enough; I demand pink ponies, gingerbread houses, a fluffy dwarf bear with hearts on his chest, and the revelation that the entire City is part of a world on a disc held up by a great big swimming armadillo.

With these much needed ingredients paced out and integrated properly, I can say that there'd be enough variety in a future instalment so that it won't be so excessively po-faced and stultifying and depressing to play through. Why, I may finally be able to finally complete a Thief game without having to snort a pixie stick every five minutes up my nose lest I die from the tediousness of having to crawl and bonk and bonk and crawl through it all.

Dear Dia

Every time I read your worries about nails, I think of this.

Or this:

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    snip
    Geez....now I'm worried about it.

I have a feeling Dia doesn't have an issue with the nails on that particular guy.

jtr7
    Exactly! I know no one here wants anyone to write a thesis explaining the problem with the nails and how it's not about the nails themselves.

I'm sure Dia is more than capable of seeing those pictures in the spirit in which they were intended.
    Last edited by nickie; 8th Nov 2011 at 09:33.

I do love the idea of having to sneak through a room full of sleeping birds, it really takes stealth to a whole new level, considering how hard it would be. I hope they really do implement something like that in T4.

I like the idea of letting the birds out to cause a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I do love the idea of having to sneak through a room full of sleeping birds, it really takes stealth to a whole new level, considering how hard it would be. I hope they really do implement something like that in T4.
    Don't worry, if you press the SHIFT key you'll roll right by them to the next wall without waking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    For the record, I'm fine with a female lead, just don't Lara Croft her to death, please
    Leave Lara alone!

She's getting more and more human-looking game by game. From TR: Legend upwards she is acceptable.

Sorry, just had to defend her there. As well as being an insane Thief obsessor, I am a fan of Tomb Raider

ANYWAY,

The hands seem feminine, the body and face seem masculine. Maybe they have released these on purpose to tease us with STILL NO INFO ABOUT WHO THE TAFF IS GOING TO BE THE PROTAGONIST!

Sorry....I just....ugh taffing Eidos...
    Last edited by Jilly The Taffer; 13th Nov 2011 at 02:53. Reason: Busy tending to Garretts manicure :3

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    That room full of birds is the shit.
    It is, isn't it!

I really love the storyboard art and find it appropriately atmospheric.