TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: New Vegas Ultimate Edition announced

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

New Vegas Ultimate Edition announced

Ultimate Edition announced. For early Feb release.

We’re pleased to announce the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition will be available in retail stores across North America on February 7th 2012 and throughout Europe on February 10th. The Ultimate Edition comes complete with all of the game add-on content for Fallout: New Vegas – Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Courier’s Stash, and Gun Runners’ Arsenal.

The question is, what's the price? I'm guessing $40, but given that a used game is worth all of $6-$8 on consoles it may be less.

I liked New Vegas a lot more than I expected (was my top game of 2010) but it'll be easier for me to just buy the DLC during the big Steam sale.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Yeah, I've got almost all the DLC anyway for far cheaper than that. It's nice for someone who waited, I suppose.

Having ended up buying Fallout 3 twice (if that doesn't get me Koki's condescending pity, nothing will!), the second time in a GOTY edition, I waited with New Vegas. Looks like I'll be getting the Ultimate Edition come February. That is, unless I succumb beforehand and get Skyrim - which, I hear, is basically Fallout with swords.

I'm guessing Skyrim will have a lot more trees, though. And don't forget the dragons.

Just finished playing New Vegas (retail copy), so I'll pass on the Ultimate edition. But I think I still have time to install Fallout 3 before Skyrim comes out.

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Having ended up buying Fallout 3 twice (if that doesn't get me Koki's condescending pity, nothing will!), the second time in a GOTY edition, I waited with New Vegas. Looks like I'll be getting the Ultimate Edition come February. That is, unless I succumb beforehand and get Skyrim - which, I hear, is basically Fallout with swords.
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Having ended up buying Fallout 3 twice (if that doesn't get me Koki's condescending pity, nothing will!), the second time in a GOTY edition
    Ha! I bought it THREE TIMES! First run, GOTY, GOTY on Steam!

Chakat sex pillow
    Well I guess that's enough to make Koki's head implode while he's banned. Good job, guys!

(Also, deth, while I admire your tenacity and dedication towards the above, three times is probably grounds for getting an appointment with a therapist. Especially since it was FO3 and not VtM:B.)

In my defense, round one was bought for obvious reasons (it's Fallout 3), round 2 was bought for the DLC (which would've cost the same if I'd bought them all separate) and round 3 was so I wouldn't have to fiddle with the discs anymore+it was on sale.

i just saw this game for sell in the fnac, can anyone tell if its worth buying it, if the new missions and maps are worth playing it? and how many hours of gameplay can these new expations offer?

ZylonBane
    Sheesh, finally. The all-in-one pack is what I've been waiting for to pick up New Vegas. Did the same with FO3 specifically to avoid having to mess with GFWL.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    can anyone tell if its worth buying it, if the new missions and maps are worth playing it? and how many hours of gameplay can these new expations offer?
    I've only played one of the expansions: Dead Money, but it was well worth playing and I enjoyed the tense atmosphere it created at times. Probably about four to six hours game time at the rate I played it.

I've read good things about Old World Blues and average ratings for the other expansions. I'm still tempted to get the Ultimate edition and probably will once I've cleared a little of my other gaming backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Sheesh, finally. The all-in-one pack is what I've been waiting for to pick up New Vegas. Did the same with FO3 specifically to avoid having to mess with GFWL.
    With New Vegas you have to go through Steam regardless of how you buy the game or the addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    I've only played one of the expansions: Dead Money, but it was well worth playing and I enjoyed the tense atmosphere it created at times. Probably about four to six hours game time at the rate I played it.

I've read good things about Old World Blues and average ratings for the other expansions. I'm still tempted to get the Ultimate edition and probably will once I've cleared a little of my other gaming backlog.
    Thanks, i just bought it yesterday, installed it and continued from the last saved game that i still had stored from the normal editon wich i finished a year ago, this way i don´t have to replay the whole game again, instead i can play only the new missions along with the experience skills i had from the previous game and i also have the company of Cass and Rex again, its good to see them again, i missed them, we make a damm fine team

cardia using steam still just blows my mind

Deep, cleansing breath, dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Deep, cleansing breath, dear.

Even if Cass company is enjoyable i still would prefer to have a real human company in this game, i would prefer your company Dia

Pedro, you are a sweetheart.