TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I showed you mine; now you show me yours .....

Administrator
    I was expecting it to be forsworn armour of resist frost at least. It's cold out in Skyrim...

I thought you might have got to hang out with them after breaking out of prison. The king guy gives you some souped up forsworn gear at least.

Well, at least the one Forsworn cave where Madanach moves after the quest is friendly. Sou you can hang out with them there.

Administrator
    Took a bandit's head off this time. My axe-wielding Nord maiden got bored and joined the thieves guild, but the stealth isn't quite working all the time yet.

2012-01-06_00004

Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    My axe-wielding Nord maiden got bored and joined the thieves guild, but the stealth isn't quite working all the time yet.
    I associated this line with this (I hope the German form of the gag is translatable to English here)

Spoiler warning!

Discovering Bromjunaar Sanctuary:

Getting ready to get the last mask:

Success!

I actually got creeped out when I looked up & saw this guy standing above me on a ledge.

Looks like hubby & I just had a serious disagreement.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefreak View Post
    I associated this line with this (I hope the German form of the gag is translatable to English here)
    It seemed to make more sense after I got an idea what "Splortsch" meant. However, I didn't accidentally hack up the bandit with Wuuthrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Looks like hubby & I just had a serious disagreement.
    I think the "sitting at table" pose makes everyone at the bar in a pub look depressed as well. One's character stares blankly at nothing in particular. One thing I'd have liked to see is your character to actually look at the person you're talking to in the same way NPCs do. It makes you look rude when people are talking and your avatar stares in an odd direction. It's a bit of a disappointing thing to see as other games have made the third-person view relatively convincing.

You haven't been too spoilery as you see the lineup of dragon priests during loading quite frequently...

I'd forgotten about this one. I was doing the Glenmoril Coven witch clearout and one of the Witch corpses suddenly stood up after its head was removed.

An odd position for a headless witch

Also, this time the courier only remembered to put his boots and hat on:

The Courier forgets to put clothes on
    Last edited by scumble; 7th Jan 2012 at 14:21.

I couldn't help feeling a little let down by the dragon priests 'quest'. All that work gathering up 8 masks from across the map and what is my reward? Another mask!

Yeah, I kind of felt the same, driver. I was hoping I could at least do a little exploring, but the doors wouldn't open and all the containers & chests were empty. Little bit of a letdown. But with pretty cool graphics.

Administrator
    It was late in Riften, and about ten guards were hovering by the door that goes down to the docks, apparently not doing much with their longbows out. Until I went through the door, nothing continued to happen. On the other side about another ten guards were in the process of slicing up a single thief.

Overkill for one thief?

Seems like a slightly over the top response...

The following morning I got married (as I didn't have anything else to do), and this time noticed that the game invites friends and relations to your wedding. However, instead of a typical reception, when everyone walked out of Riften we ended up slaying a dragon that turned up instead.

2012-01-08_00009

After everyone stood staring at the skeleton, we got high with the Kajiit traders who had pitched in during the fight.

2012-01-08_00011
    Last edited by scumble; 8th Jan 2012 at 16:54.

Loved the half-naked courier. I've never seen any of the NPCs half-naked; but they're sure quick to make remarks when I've forgotten to get dressed & go out in public in my undies. Your wedding sounds like it was a blast! Too bad you couldn't invite me, I would've loved to join in!

LOL... I always hit up the Kajiit for Moon Sugar and Skooma. Its the only way to make life bearable in Skyrim. If I had to camp out in snow all the time, wandering back and forth with no sleep. I would be very strung out.

Did you see the bug where someone shows up to the wedding dead, and it freaks everyone out and the wedding is canceled?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Your wedding sounds like it was a blast! Too bad you couldn't invite me, I would've loved to join in!
    Well it has to be said that after Maramal claims the wedding is going to be dawn until dusk and everyone leaves after two minutes it's a bit of a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX View Post
    I always hit up the Kajiit for Moon Sugar and Skooma. Its the only way to make life bearable in Skyrim. If I had to camp out in snow all the time, wandering back and forth with no sleep. I would be very strung out.

Did you see the bug where someone shows up to the wedding dead, and it freaks everyone out and the wedding is canceled?
    The Kajiit certainly know how to party. I've not had a corpse turn up though. Might be a highlight of the ceremony if a bunch of those flesh eating witches turned up.

Also, after doing a couple of chores for Jarl (the Governator) Igmund I got to buy a new gaff in Markarth for a bargain price. The place in Solitude seems like a complete rip-off by comparison, and you even get a mannequin for showing off random gear...

2012-01-09_00002
    Last edited by scumble; 9th Jan 2012 at 19:07.

Yeah, the first couple times I tried marrying Vorstag (aka Arnie) who was still my companion at the time, my first bodyguard who got killed earlier in the game showed up as a corpse and everyone got pissed off at me & walked out. Really put a damper on the whole thing, let me tell you. After reading some more about getting married in the game I found that there was a glitch that wouldn't allow the wedding to take place unless you separated from your companion (if that's who you intended to marry) first and that glitch also involved the corpses of late companions showing up at the ceremony. Killing dragons during the reception sounds a lot more fun, imo.

Great pics, scumble. Way to throw a reception!

Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    2012-01-08_00011
    Hey isn't that the guy who always asks if you go to the cloud district very often? Who invited him? Get him!

Lol

Administrator
    No, that was just the stable boy I'm afraid. Nazeem was probably stuffed in the Jarl's backside again. That sounds pretty bad written out that way...

And here he is:

2012-01-10_00001
    Last edited by scumble; 10th Jan 2012 at 02:13.

Who invited him? Get him!
    Isn't the classical response "I thought he's from your family?"

(Also, my screenshot counter tells me that I'm about 40 pictures behind on my album - let's see if I can get to uploading today)

An impressive Talos shrine on an isle north of Dawnstar (near Yngvild):

Doing the Thieves Highway thing (Blue Palace in Solitude):

And going places I'm not supposed to go (still at the Blue Palace):

Coming down out of the mountains south of Riften, Vorstag & I were attacked by four bears and a giant spider - simultaneously! I've been attacked by two enemy creatures at once, but never five. Those bears were seriously nasty, too!

A Stormcloak soldier keeps a lonely vigil in Riverwood:

Admiring my husband's .... uuhhmmm .... battleaxe:

Just call us the Bickersons:

Administrator
    What's Vorstag sulking about this time? Did he not get the best loot from the last Necromancer cave?

There's a cave where you can get mobbed by about seven bears, but I've forgotten where it was. I have a picture somewhere...

Ah, only got five in the shot though:

2011-12-28_00034

It was a rather pretty cave too, and quite near the edge of the map with the tantalising road that leads to an invisible forcefield protecting the rest of Tamriel from excessive adventuring...

2011-12-28_00035

And here's another pleasant pic of my Wood Elf Ryaerel with Aela...

2011-12-28_00038

Taking a break
    Well, it's better to fight seven Cave Bears than two Ancient Cave Bear Death Claws.

Thing What Kicks
    Ack, can't post it directly as it's 1920x1200, so here's a link to Steam:

The Emperor's New Clothes

What happens when the Gourmet is also a serial pickpocket

Oh, and related, Scratches REALLY wasn't happy about being told to put on a Chef's hat:
    Not a happy cat

But what the hey, he got some natty new togs out of the deal. Win!
    Stylin'

Dang! How'd you get their clothes, Malf?

I've been trying to get Vorstag's clothes off him for ages now.

The top perk in the pickpocket tree allows you to pick equipped items.

LOL... I had to share this one.. I guess this happens if you handle wood too long. It's kinda gets sticky...

I'll have to post from my steam profile
    sticky wood

From my Youtube account:
    The war on Pirates
    http://youtu.be/7OgjRtojyJI

2 and a half Louis Letrush
    http://youtu.be/W70jCIRd4XA

I need to find a better way to record video.. :P

Yay, I found some time to go through my recent shots. The new handpicked ones are here and onwards.

The new set includes losers of drinking games as well as dragons not posing properly.

And I still need to take more care regarding the contents; Only being able to publish scaled down versions of the image makes it difficult to display small details.