TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Mistress Guennean’s Castle (30 Nov 2011) - Updated to v1.1 03 Dec

No-one else seems to have had this little problem - can't open the double metal doors on one side of the lobby (under where you open the front doors) or the matching doors in the room with the cigar. Have 3 secrets & everything else (except 125 in loot) & the little silver key doesn't work. Just need that little bit more loot.

Very much enjoying this spooky mission.

Edit - NVM, the silver key suddenly decided to work & they're the same doors.. Still looking for loot though.
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 5th Dec 2011 at 08:45.

Thanks for this nice mission Beltzer, i loved the new ambient sounds, it really make us feel respect for the place we are exploring and to be aware of the dangerous situation that we´re facing, finished in 29 minutes...that was fast

looking foward for more,

i wonder if Mistress Guennean is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXmrE-mIPzg

I have loot list if anybody wants

cardia1's reminded me! My only complaint in this was the music, which I thought was wonderful and so fitting, but much too loud for me. I couldn't turn it down enough to be background rather than full frontal. I hope that's translatable.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    cardia1's reminded me! My only complaint in this was the music, which I thought was wonderful and so fitting, but much too loud for me. I couldn't turn it down enough to be background rather than full frontal. I hope that's translatable.
    Nickie, the option ambient music can be set to a lower volume in the sound options...in my opinion the volume music in this missions was perfect.

Very good mission overall, Beltzer Particularly liked the choice of ambient music & the atmosphere it played a big part in creating.
    Maybe a bit oversized in places & with a layout that made it fairly linear - nonetheless, very enjoyable.

You just keep improving with each release: looking forward to your next one!

Thanks again guys for positive criticism and credits

i wonder if Mistress Guennean is this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXmrE-mIPzg
    Maybe it is her cardia1

OK, just finished this one up. It took a bit to find enough loot to meet the minimum, but still fell 100 short from the max.
    Overall, it was a great mission. As has been already mentioned, I was stunned by the beauty of your creation.
    I guess I was a little surprised by how quickly the objectives were completed and how the large spaces were a little empty feeling. On the other hand, your choice of ambient music was spectacularly sinister. It really brought out the overall quality of your mission. I hope to see more from you soon. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Nickie, the option ambient music can be set to a lower volume in the sound options...in my opinion the volume music in this missions was perfect.
    Thanks cardia. I know I should be able to set it lower in sound options but on this occasion, moving the slider right down made no difference. It happens sometimes. Luckily the music choice was so good, it didn't spoil anything for me, just hurt my ears a little. My eyes might be failing a bit but my hearing is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post
    OK, just finished this one up. It took a bit to find enough loot to meet the minimum, but still fell 100 short from the max.
    Overall, it was a great mission. As has been already mentioned, I was stunned by the beauty of your creation.
    I guess I was a little surprised by how quickly the objectives were completed and how the large spaces were a little empty feeling. On the other hand, your choice of ambient music was spectacularly sinister. It really brought out the overall quality of your mission. I hope to see more from you soon. Well done!
    Thanks
    Yeah, agree about the empty in some places, the upper bedrooms
    for example, i planned much more. But, its my third FM and do
    some mistakes. I probably used to many different custom objects
    and textures. I had not learned how to make common palettes
    for texture families either. So the result, i met the limits in Dromed
    To many palettes, therefore i had to delete objects and change
    textures and so. Not fun, but i learn from the mistakes

I was able to finish the mission.... This mission is real good in my opinion and yet again am surprised by the "Beltzer". This is the second FM he's released that has unique texture quality and even better than Lord Beltzer's mansion, which I was able to beta test. Beltzer, you've exceeded my expectations yet again and there's no limit to expectations where the possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Did you get the hammer from the haunt, the necklace, and all the loot? If so, just go to the front door (in the main hall, where the Hammerites were stationed). The mission should end.
    It was in the crypts with the hidden switch to enter the mansion where I was stuck at. I was able to gain a hint from a later post. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    I was able to finish the mission.... This mission is real good in my opinion and yet again am surprised by the "Beltzer". This is the second FM he's released that has unique texture quality and even better than Lord Beltzer's mansion, which I was able to beta test. Beltzer, you've exceeded my expectations yet again and there's no limit to expectations where the possibilities are endless.
    I think I'm blushing Thanks. Maybe you beta tests the next one.
    An updated Ransom, a fourth mission in the serie, plus the two in
    the middle as an campaign

Finished for the most part on the easy difficulty.

I have all loot and objectives, as far as I know.

I found 3 secrets, but I would still like to know what to do with the cigar and the skeleton parts.

Very nice looking mission, it went very fast for such a large download though.

Thanks for taking time to construct this and also for putting one of my favorite old games to even more use with another FM, years after alot of PC games get shelved and collect dust.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    Finished for the most part on the easy difficulty.

I have all loot and objectives, as far as I know.

I found 3 secrets, but I would still like to know what to do with the cigar and the skeleton parts.

Very nice looking mission, it went very fast for such a large download though.

Thanks for taking time to construct this and also for putting one of my favorite old games to even more use with another FM, years after alot of PC games get shelved and collect dust.

Agreed. Most enjoyable mission with super design. But what about the cigar and skelton parts? Inquiring minds want to know.

OldMeat and bobber, glad you like the game
    The cigar, nada just a funny thing.
    The skeleton parts is an objective on Expert.

Gaak, this is maddening! I have 5475 loot, and I need 5500 to finish... but I just can't find any more. Any really well-hidden caches of loot? I'd like to finish the mission. (I have everything else I need, and I have all the secrets.)

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Gaak, this is maddening! I have 5475 loot, and I need 5500 to finish... but I just can't find any more. Any really well-hidden caches of loot? I'd like to finish the mission. (I have everything else I need, and I have all the secrets.)

Thanks,

Dafydd
    There is two rings, one under the door in the big fireplace with chains. And another on a bed table in the 2nd floor guest room. Maybe one of them?

Nah, I got both of those. Is there a loot list?

Dafydd

Edit: All right, I finished; I found a bag o'loot on a pew in the Hammerite church, which gave me enough to satisfy the objective. Thanks, though!
    Last edited by Dafydd; 12th Dec 2011 at 19:54.

Pretty cool mission but one thing that I REALLY did not like was the loud thumping heartbeat sound throughout the entire castle section. I play with headphones on and I found that thumping heartbeat sound to be really distracting. It's all I could think about. I figured out how to delete that heartbeat sound and now I can enjoy this mission.
    Last edited by cavador_8; 13th Dec 2011 at 20:00.

Thanks, Beltzer! Nice mission. Took a bit of time to find that skeleton, but everything's quite logical unlike Zontiks' missions. King's Story impossible to finish without knowing beforehand walkthrough. Buzykin(one of Darkfate most respectable taffers) will confirm this. And his last mission is total shame, don't even want to talk of it.
    So you're quite successful in fm-creation.

Do you plan combining your work into one campaign? Would be convenient as the plot gets muchly forgotten due to intervals between playing separately released your missions. Good work!
    Last edited by Winter Cat; 13th Dec 2011 at 06:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Thanks, Beltzer! Nice mission. Took a bit of time to find that skeleton, but everything's quite logical unlike Zontiks' missions. King's Story impossible to finish without knowing beforehand walkthrough. Buzykin(one of Darkfate most respectable taffers) will confirm this. And his last mission is total shame, don't even want to talk of it.
    So you're quite successful in fm-creation.

Do you plan combining your work into one campaign? Would be convenient as the plot gets muchly forgotten due to intervals between playing separately released your missions. Good work!
    Thanks. Yes my plan is to make a campaign. I have polished Ransom
    and is in the middle of the last. A little city mission. I don't know if
    i am good in building a city, we will see about that.

Help loading mission ...

I want to play this SO bad but Darkloader 4.3 will not load the mission ... any suggestions please? First time this has happened, gen.osm maybe?

i'm such a noob ... just read the earlier posts regarding fix