TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: jiansonz' lootlist collection

jiansonz' lootlist collection

Hi, there. Iīve decided to share some of the lootlists Iīve been writing.

Whenever I like a mission, I often (usually on the second playthrough) get an itch to find every last penny, or at least know where it is for future replays. No matter if there already is a lootlist available or not, Iīve found that writing my own as I play along is the best way to keep track of what Iīve found and what Iīve missed.

If itīs a big and complex mission, I tend to miss a few pieces. When I get tired of combing the place the regular way, I take help from LazyTaffer and TTLL. That usually helps me find the last pieces, or sometimes to understand if some can not be picked up. Before I was any good with these tools, loot-hound Freddy Fox helped out with some missions. In those cases, he is credited in the list.

I havenīt bothered uploading lists for missions that have a lootlist (or a walkthrough with all loot included) on www.thiefmissions.com or on klatremus' thief site.

Iīve uploaded the lists (as html files) to MediaFire. Feel free to download them and host them in other places if you want to (in that case, I recommend the zip file(s) with a whole bunch of them).

The first batch (33 lootlists, uploaded Dec 2011) can be found here.

A Love Story III

A Love Story IV

Bane II - Cult of the Damned
    100 loot missing, which I am almost sure is tied to an unfrobbable precursor mask

Circle of Strain 3

Damsel in Distress

Darkstone Gem, part 1: Looking for Info

Elizabeth Bathory, the three pre-Campaign missions
    Chapter 1
    This is the equivalent to the Prologue in the campaign, but with several quite big differences

Chapter 2 - Blood on Ice
    This mission is very different from the campaign equivalent called Chapter 1 - Blood and Ice. They are both excellent and worth playing.

Chapter 3 - On All Souls' Day
    This is of course the equivalent to the campaignīs Chapter 2 - All Souls' Day. Quite similar, but also very different in places. IMO, the village area and sewers early on are much better in the campaign, but I like the original ending more, where you end up on THE DARKTHRONE. Also, the briefing movie for the original mission is nothing short of awesome! Itīs so majestic, beautiful and melancholic that it has caused me to cry more than once...

Fletcherīs Final Mistake
    100 loot missing. I do not understand how to even get close to the coordinates where TTLL suggests the missing piece is. Maybe itīs supposed to get teleported somewhere?

Golden Book - Mission 3 - Extinguisher
    Hidden inside Zontikīs tricky and hard Golden Book campaign, this is one of the best T1 missions I have ever played! To be frank, it doesnīt look like much early on, but as you play along, it grows into a masterpiece, IMO.
    A coin worth 10 gold is missing in the list. Iīve combed every cubic inch of the house (and surrounding area) where TTLL says it is, to no avail.

Guardhouse 2

Heist Society

Horns of Canzo 2 - the Dragonīs Claw
    Mission 1
    Mission 2
    The in-game shop in mission 1 makes keeping track of the loot pieces tricky. It is also tricky getting all the loot without buying anything (as it was in Horns of Canzo 1 as well). You need a grappling arrow to get all the loot, and I had to do a little flare elevatoring to reach the plateu where one can be found. If you do it in the right spot (which is actually quite a bit away from the plateau...), you need just one flare. Mantle on it twice, then take a running jump and climb onto the wall.

Lord Alanīs Basement (T2 version)

Lord Edmund Entertains!

Prowler of the Dark

Ranstall Keep (combined list for both T1 and T2 version)

Returning a Favor

Rowenaīs Curse
    I am going all out on this masterpiece, and list not only the loot, but also the secrets, pickpockets, key locations and consumables.

Saturio Returns Home

Scepter of Dor Am'al, part 1 - The Shipwreck

Stones and Glass Houses - Mission 1 - Late Payment

Swamped

The Deadly Triangle

The Search for Crom's Blade
    Missing a pair of scattered coins worth 20 gold (see page for more info)

The Thieves' Quarter

The Unknown Treasure
    Yes, you can get it all...

The Vigil

Three Crowns

Torner Island
    Bonus points for hiding a tiny ring inside a zombie...

Unbidden Guest
    Last edited by jiansonz; 13th Dec 2011 at 09:14.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Whenever I like a mission, I often (usually on the second playthough) get an itch to find every last penny . . .
    I'm not normally a loot hunter but agree that now and again I also like to find every bit of dosh, usually because I'm enjoying myself in the mission and don't want to leave it! So thank you for these lists jiansonz, I recognise a few missions where I've not found everything.

That must have been a LOT of work! Thanks very much!

Thanks jiansonz, good work!

Chapter 3 - On All Souls' Day
    This is of course the equivalent to the campaignīs Chapter 2 - All Souls' Day. Quite similar, but also very different in places. IMO, the village area and sewers early on are much better in the campaign, but I like the original ending more, where you end up on THE DARKTHRONE. Also, the briefing movie for the original mission is nothing short of awesome! Itīs so majestic, beautiful and melancholic that it has caused me to cry more than once...
    Many people asked why I removed this video from the FM (is available only in v.1.0). Well, I was under the effect of the "Bathory" film then but I did not want to have that felt in the game. I succeeded in the video inadvertently, although I tested the codec only. So I removed from the next update.

But I've uploaded here.

Great work, jiansonz! Thanks!

wow, this is an amazing list, thanks for your help, jiansonz.

do you also have a lootlist for the 3rd Mission [The one with the time machine] of Horns of Canzo2?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    do you also have a lootlist for the 3rd Mission [The one with the time machine] of Horns of Canzo2?
    There is a third mission??
    (fires up Darkloader)

EDIT: Nice little epilogue! I didnīt even know it existed.
    (Itīs almost like when SneakyJack hadnīt found the cool (main) part of A Love Story II).

There are only four loot items in this mission: horse-shoe, wine, goblet and nugget. The wine and the goblet are in the saloon, the horse-shoe is behind the weapon shop and the nugget is on a cliff shelf above the first electrical light if you take the road from the weapons shop and go upwards.

Can you email the files to me? All I get from the links above is Bloomberg Business Reports. I'll add them to my walkthroughs.

EDIT: Never mind. I got them.

Fletcherīs Final Mistake
    100 loot missing. I do not understand how to even get close to the coordinates where TTLL suggests the missing piece is. Maybe itīs supposed to get teleported somewhere?
    It's a gold chunk that's in an air brush not connected to the map. It looks like it was forgotten about and never linked to anything. Or else this was deliberately left there to cruelly force the player to scrounge around the map looking for it.

Ugh, Finally have all of the loot in Ranstall's keep. That one was really annoying because I had scrounged the whole mission and was still missing over 600 in loot. That one annoyed me enough that I never went back to use lazytaffer to find the missing loot.

Never expected there to be that crypt under the church.

Thanks for the lootlist and the tip in the description.

These lootlists are actually very well done for the most part. I've been able to get a reasonably clear idea about where the loot is or was even using a save that is years old. Keep it up, but I must admit that there is one mission that will prove to be insane to lootlist: The Inverted Manse. Random loot placement in the mission, making the task very involved.

So thanks again for the lootlists.

Thanks a bunch for creating the lootlists !
    And thanks for putting TTLL to good use!
    (WARNING: selfish advertisment:
    'The Tricksters Loot Locator')

With respect to the loot that can not be found:
    May I suggest to state in your lootlists what piece of loot is missing and in which area it should be ?
    Maybe some other taffer can find it and report back to you.
    Sometimes it really can be a nightmare to spot it, even if you know what area to check.
    But indeed there are some missions where some loot simply can not be obtained at all or the loot gets teleported at some point.

Hidden inside Zontikīs tricky and hard Golden Book campaign, this is one of the best T1 missions I have ever played! To be frank, it doesnīt look like much early on, but as you play along, it grows into a masterpiece, IMO.
    A coin worth 10 gold is missing in the list. Iīve combed every cubic inch of the house (and surrounding area) where TTLL says it is, to no avail.
    Merry Christmas !
    Last edited by gnartsch; 24th Dec 2011 at 09:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
    These lootlists are actually very well done for the most part. I've been able to get a reasonably clear idea about where the loot is or was even using a save that is years old.
    Thanks!
    When I write the descriptions, I try to ask myself: "How can I desrcibe this place so that people will find it and understand what place I mean?"

I must admit that there is one mission that will prove to be insane to lootlist: The Inverted Manse. Random loot placement in the mission, making the task very involved.
    Ouch. Wonīt try it for that one, then. Thanks for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch
    With respect to the loot that can not be found:
    May I suggest to state in your lootlists what piece of loot is missing and in which area it should be ?
    Maybe some other taffer can find it and report back to you.
    Ok, I will do that.
    And I have done that for the most part, havenīt I?

As for the missing piece in Extinguisher, here is a description:

The missing piece looks to be in the house NE the 3-way sign. There is a room there with a shelf with a readable mentioning something about post storage. There is a large Lost City Jar on this shelf. Just S of this room is a small toilet (the toilet is actually placed under the stairs to the upper floor) with a gold coinstack worth 20 gold. This coinstack is in cell number X15 Y3 Z3 on the TTLL map.

The big jar is in cell X16 Y3 Z4. Even though you go more south than you go west from the jar to the coinstack, you do not reach a new N-S cell, but you do reach a new W-E cell. Also note that the jar is in the next cell up from the coinstack.

Now, the missing piece is a gold coinstack (but those are often actually single gold coins in this mission) worth 10 gold, that is located in the same TTLL cell as the coinstack under the stairs. With both the jar and the known coinstack having the same N-S cell number, I think that the missing piece is not south of the known coinstack (because it seems to be near the southern end of that cell).

What is vexing me here is that there seems to be space for something like a 3x3 meter room just W of the shelf. Having the missing piece near the floor in there would give it the correct coordinates! The door to this seemingly nonexistant room is on the W wall of it, unfrobbable.
    I have not found a way into this space. Iīve looked for hidden switches (even from upstairs) and I have tried to blow up the door and the shelf with explosives.

Ok, I will do that.
    And I have done that for the most part, havenīt I?

As for the missing piece in Extinguisher, here is a description:
    What is vexing me here is that there seems to be space for something like a 3x3 meter room just W of the shelf. Having the missing piece near the floor in there would give it the correct coordinates!

What I wanted to point out is, that it would be reasonable to state in the lootlist itself where and what could not be found.
    People will download the lootlists, but will never check back on this thread for details,
    where you explain why some lootlists seem incomplete.

Bane II - Cult of the Damned
    100 loot missing, which I am almost sure is tied to an unfrobbable precursor mask
    This should be stated in the lootlist, even if you are not 100% sure. And where is that precursor mask located ? Someone might check in DromED to verify this.

Fletcherīs Final Mistake
    Is it a purse? And where is that location? People won't understand what you are referring to. And the lootlist does not describe this issue either. It just states 6070/6170 and does not state why the list is not complete.

Which house ?

The Search for Crom's Blade
    Missing a pair of scattered coins worth 20 gold (see page for more info)
    OK

I have just created a new version of TTLL (v.0.5.3)
    Make sure to use the /showItemDetails switch (you can add it to the batch file or specify it when calling the batch file manually).
    This will produce a list with all items including DromED coordinates AND the TTLL-cell.
    See the HTML file for the GoldenBook-Extinguisher mission here.

Here are the 2 goldstacks located in cell X15, Y3, Z3:
    GoldCoinStack Gold$ 1 20 (20, 0, 0) 791 (478,441,500) (15,3,3) A GoldCoinStack (791) (gold: 20) {478.25,441.71,500.32}
    GoldCoinStack Gold$ 1 10 (10, 0, 0) 790 (477,428,503) (15,3,3) A GoldCoinStack (790) (gold: 10) {477.24,428.96,503.82}
    In order to calculate the proper 'direction', keep in mind that the game uses some coordinate-system which requires some correction so that you can use your compass to figure out the location!

Based on the location an item that you found, e.g. the GoldCoinStack ā 20 in the same cell at coordinates (478,441,500) you can calculate the vector to the missing coinstack at (477,428,503) like this:
    (477,428,503) - (478,441,500)
    = (-1,-13,-3)
    Now swap X and Y and multiply the new Y with -1
    = (-13,1,-3)
    This tells you, that the missing item is located 13 units to the West, 1 unit to the North and 3 units down.
    I think that 1 DromEd Unit correlates to roughly 1 feet, so this should give you an idea of the distance.

Sorry, this is all I can do right now.

EDIT: I just looked up the mission.
    It seems that the item you suspect is in your lootlist already:
    1 Gold Coinstack 10 10 House NE 3-way sign, ground floor, on table
    Unfortunately this mission has a lot of conistacks, which makes it pretty hard to correlate which item might be missing.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 30th Dec 2011 at 11:22.

This is cool, really cool. Thank you!!

Are you still lootlisting?

Are you still lootlisting?
    Yes I am. Another batch may come soon. I need to check what lists I have completed that will actually add anything. I have noted that on many new missions, the author will provide a lootlist themselves. So if I make a list, it's mostly to compare with the authors', to see what I have missed.