TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED T2 FM: Finals at the Academy - v2.0 May 6 2012

Larry,

I'm only about 45 minutes in and I must say, the level of detail and work you've put into this is humbling. The fiction you've created is wonderful and I find myself taking pleasure in absorbing every single readable.

Well done, sir!
    Now, back to the mission!

- Rob

spoiler:
    Past due notice sent to Azaran the Cruel
    LOL!
    Last edited by Random_Taffer; 23rd Dec 2011 at 12:18.

@Brethren - thank you.
    @RT - thank you.

WOW!!
    If at first you don't succeed...reload and try again!

Congrats on your release Larry,its one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of...and to think its your first FM is even more fantastic!

Awesome Larry! Congratulations on the release. I remember when you started talking about this mission years ago.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Congratulations on the release, Larry! It was an honour to work as a betatester on this as it's a very high-quality mission. I'll look forward to the next installment with great anticipation.

WOW! Great mission with some really interesting stuff to read, quite varied gameplay and good puzzles. I didn't like that the floors in the entire maze are loud floors when the opponents are undead, makes it quite a chore to sneak through. Other than that i enjoyed it a lot.

I actually started it on expert as i usually do, but had to give up and switch to hard. I just could not figure out how to get the scroll in the auditorium without getting spotted. The woman sitting in front did not react to noise arrows and i could not find a way to turn off the stage spotlight, so how on earth are you supposed to get it on expert?

Anyway i managed to finish it on hard with 5/7 secrets, but i'm missing more than half the loot and 3 optional objectives.

So i'm hoping for some help with the following:
    1. On the stairs near the scriptorium, there is a special lock that probably needs an unlocking ring, which i just can't seem to find. Any hints to where it is?
    2. I also can't find the Necropolis map. Found a lot of other maps in the map room, but not the Necropolis map. So where is it?
    3. I also can't figure out how to quiet the colicky ghost baby. Hints needed please.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    I just could not figure out how to get the scroll in the auditorium without getting spotted. The woman sitting in front did not react to noise arrows and i could not find a way to turn off the stage spotlight, so how on earth are you supposed to get it on expert?
    The scroll puzzle had me stumped for ages, i was playing on Expert, but i had a feeling, that there would be no difference on the easier difficulties (though from your post, that doesn't seem to be the case...), eventually i worked it out, though i must admit i did not think that i would be 'allowed' to do it like that. I do wonder if my solution was the one that the author intended.

In any case at least you finished the mission, i think i need to sleep on this and go back over the 'clues', but some help would be welcome, i am stuck on:

1. I can't find a way to open the Ahmo(sp?) area, i have explored everywhere and got everything as far as i can tell.
    2. Can't figure out the gylphs in the attic hidden library.
    Thanks.

I will probably work it out later, but in the good old tradition of the game, posting for helping, then suddenly leads one to figure it out anyway.

I actually started it on expert as i usually do, but had to give up and switch to hard. I just could not figure out how to get the scroll in the auditorium without getting spotted. The woman sitting in front did not react to noise arrows and i could not find a way to turn off the stage spotlight, so how on earth are you supposed to get it on expert?
    Hint:If you can't go to it, can it be brought to you?

1. On the stairs near the scriptorium, there is a special lock that probably needs an unlocking ring, which i just can't seem to find. Any hints to where it is?
    Hint #1:Think about which elder would have access as part of his / her normal duties. Then search diligently in those offices and/or residential rooms

2. I also can't find the Necropolis map. Found a lot of other maps in the map room, but not the Necropolis map. So where is it?
    Hint #2:It's where you would expect it to be. You may just need to look a little harder.

3. I also can't figure out how to quiet the colicky ghost baby. Hints needed please.
    Hint #3:There are a couple of ancient writings to be found. One discusses how to quiet a colicky baby and the other offers condolences to a mother.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    The scroll puzzle had me stumped for ages, i was playing on Expert, but i had a feeling, that there would be no difference on the easier difficulties (though from your post, that doesn't seem to be the case...), eventually i worked it out, though i must admit i did not think that i would be 'allowed' to do it like that. I do wonder if my solution was the one that the author intended.
    Yes, that is one of the differences between Expert and Normal/Hard. Some extremely well experienced and knowledgeable players have had trouble with the solution to that at Expert. So, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I think i need to sleep on this and go back over the 'clues', but some help would be welcome, i am stuck on:

1. I can't find a way to open the Ahmo(sp?) area, i have explored everywhere and got everything as far as i can tell.
    2. Can't figure out the gylphs in the attic hidden library.
    Thanks.

I will probably work it out later, but in the good old tradition of the game, posting for helping, then suddenly leads one to figure it out anyway.
    For #1, if you are asking about the entrance to the necropolis then you should put that aside and concentrate on your #2 problem first. There are a number of readables about the glyphs and their meanings and others that discuss the special storage safe. If you put them together you should be able to suss out the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Awesome Larry! Congratulations on the release. I remember when you started talking about this mission years ago.
    I am looking forward to your ghosting report! I set up some of the situations with you in mind ...

Edit: oh! go for perfection!
    Last edited by LarryG; 23rd Dec 2011 at 14:18.

Yes! Gotta make cookies first though. I'll save this for after dark. Dark for dark business you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Congratulations on the release, Larry! It was an honour to work as a betatester on this as it's a very high-quality mission. I'll look forward to the next installment with great anticipation.
    Linda, You took the words out of my mouth
    Congratulations Larry!
    You may take three days off and than start making your second FM
    I hope I can be one of your betatesters again.
    This mission is a MASTERPIECE

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    You may take three days off and than start making your second FM
    No rest for the wicked, I'm well into the geography, resurrecting what I mothballed a few year's back when I had to split the mission into pieces to fit what DromEd would allow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I hope I can be one of your betatesters again.
    Only if you promise to say "Yes" when I ask you ...

congratulations LarryG, cant wait to play
    Last edited by xaussienanny; 23rd Dec 2011 at 20:56. Reason: cant spell

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Only if you promise to say "Yes" when I ask you ...
    Sure That's my Christmas present of this year!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

This mission is amazing, dude! Seriously, I've been playing for probably 4 hours at this point and it seems like I still have tons left to do.

Also, I'm really stumped:
    Okay, so I've explored the hell out of everywhere except the necropolis (which is still closed off to me, but I'm assuming will open after certain plot developments?), and currently I'm just looking for a way to solve that glyph puzzle in the attic. I found the clue which is suppose to give me a hint as to where I can find the mnemonic to help me solve it, but said clue makes no sense to me. "My fierce puss will keep it safe, ha ha ha." I don't get it . I was thinking maybe "puss" referred to the headmaster's goldfish, but I've searched all around that thing and found nothing. I'm gonna need some spoilery help here...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    This mission is amazing, dude! Seriously, I've been playing for probably 4 hours at this point and it seems like I still have tons left to do.

Also, I'm really stumped:
    Okay, so I've explored the hell out of everywhere except the necropolis (which is still closed off to me, but I'm assuming will open after certain plot developments?), and currently I'm just looking for a way to solve that glyph puzzle in the attic. I found the clue which is suppose to give me a hint as to where I can find the mnemonic to help me solve it, but said clue makes no sense to me. "My fierce puss will keep it safe, ha ha ha." I don't get it . I was thinking maybe "puss" referred to the headmaster's goldfish, but I've searched all around that thing and found nothing. I'm gonna need some spoilery help here...
    OK. No spoiler, but a couple of hints. "Puss" has several meanings in English. One of them pertains. a) a cat b) a young woman c) the mouth d) the face. The "ha ha ha" bit indicates that Coleman thought he was being oh so clever with his choice of words. Another hint, depending on the difficulty level there is a 2nd copy. On normal the recipient kept the mnemonic. So ... to whom was the memo sent and where might that person have saved the mnemonic?

And, yes, you do have tons left to do.

need a hint please

I am in the auditorium and read my scroll.

there is a locked door at the beginning and down the hall with the bucket and water arrows. Is there a key for this gate?

Stuck so early on in the game.

going back to beginning seems to have made a difference
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 24th Dec 2011 at 00:11.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Thanks a lot LarryG, your hint got me up and running again.
    Solved the whole glyph puzzle thing, and the mission is only getting better now! I'm going to have to save the rest for tomorrow, but I'm really excited; this mission is something seriously special, thanks for making it (and all those books, good God you are a typing machine)!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I am in the auditorium and read my scroll.

there is a locked door at the beginning and down the hall with the bucket and water arrows. Is there a key for this gate?

Stuck so early on in the game.
    If you have read the scroll, then you know that to meet your current objective you need to "... find Ohlm's Grimoria Necromantica where we have hidden it in the Academy building ... ". So look at your map. That gate leads to the Necropolis, not the Academy building. Go explore the Academy building.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Congratulations Larry.
    Must feel pretty darn good to finish it.

Hint:If you can't go to it, can it be brought to you?

Hint #1:Think about which elder would have access as part of his / her normal duties. Then search diligently in those offices and/or residential rooms

Hint #2:It's where you would expect it to be. You may just need to look a little harder.

Hint #3:There are a couple of ancient writings to be found. One discusses how to quiet a colicky baby and the other offers condolences to a mother.
    Thank you, that helped with 1 & 2, but i'm still stuck on 3. If i'm supposed to find a baby health rattle i need some directions please, cause i have no idea where to find one.

Also is there a loot list or at least some hints to where all that loot is? I thought 1 would help in that regard, but there wasn't much loot to be had there so i'm still missing more than half.

... If i'm supposed to find a baby health rattle i need some directions please, cause i have no idea where to find one.
    1. Did you find the note from Nanna to Micha? If not, search more diligently in the women's apartment.
    2. If you found the note, but still don't know where to look, did you find a place where there was something that looked just like the colicky baby in the cradle, but was happily playing? If not, then you need to look for more secret areas.

Also is there a loot list or at least some hints to where all that loot is? I thought 1 would help in that regard, but there wasn't much loot to be had there so i'm still missing more than half.
    There is a complete loot list, but I don't want to release it at this time. It would spoil so much. Not knowing which secret areas you have found, it is hard to know what hints to provide. So some general hints.
    1. The necropolis is the natural place to look for valuables, so really explore it in detail. Use your map to make sure you have been everywhere.
    2. Most of the easy to access items of value have been looted centuries ago, so look in the difficult to access areas and look for secret entrances to ancient burial chambers and secret passages.
    3. Glyphs will open up hidden Keeper supply caches, so listen for the glyph sounds as you explore.

1. Did you find the note from Nanna to Micha? If not, search more diligently in the women's apartment.
    2. If you found the note, but still don't know where to look, did you find a place where there was something that looked just like the colicky baby in the cradle, but was happily playing? If not, then you need to look for more secret areas.
    Thank you. I had in fact already been in that area but had not looked hard enough.

There is a complete loot list, but I don't want to release it at this time. It would spoil so much. Not knowing which secret areas you have found, it is hard to know what hints to provide. So some general hints.
    1. The necropolis is the natural place to look for valuables, so really explore it in detail. Use your map to make sure you have been everywhere.
    2. Most of the easy to access items of value have been looted centuries ago, so look in the difficult to access areas and look for secret entrances to ancient burial chambers and secret passages.
    3. Glyphs will open up hidden Keeper supply caches, so listen for the glyph sounds as you explore.
    Found the last secret which had a lot of loot! So now i'm missing less than 500, i can live with that.

Thank you for an enjoyable time with this mission!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast