TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED T2 FM: Finals at the Academy - v2.0 May 6 2012

Classical Master 2008
    This is finally out? Great job! I have got to play this over the holidays.

Hmm, curse I can't seem to work out the 'puzzle', need some help please.

The Special Storage in the Attic, the glyphs puzzle, i can't work out.

I've compared the glyphs on the wall to the one in my notes, no correlation, the wall ones are more elaborate. The 'fierce puss' mnemonic gives the location of the mnemonic note, but i have a note i picked up somewhere, labled 'Mnemonic' giving it as 'necromancer, archer, seven drawfs'. I researched Magistrate Colemans quarters thinking i missed something. The rest of the clues are 5 digits, telling the time and counting.

Could someone point me in the right direction, this is must frustrating and i know there's more to do, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Hmm, curse I can't seem to work out the 'puzzle', need some help please.

The Special Storage in the Attic, the glyphs puzzle, i can't work out.

I've compared the glyphs on the wall to the one in my notes, no correlation, the wall ones are more elaborate. The 'fierce puss' mnemonic gives the location of the mnemonic note, but i have a note i picked up somewhere, labled 'Mnemonic' giving it as 'necromancer, archer, seven drawfs'. I researched Magistrate Colemans quarters thinking i missed something. The rest of the clues are 5 digits, telling the time and counting.

Could someone point me in the right direction, this is must frustrating and i know there's more to do, thanks!
    At Normal difficulty the mnemonic is found in two locations. It sounds like you found both.

Hint 1: The mnemonic should be "The necromancer Ohlm fed an archer and seven sailors to the undead" or in German "Nekromant Ohlm verftterte den Schtzen und sieben Matrosen an die Untoten." Nothing about dwarves ...

Hint 2: So ... which glyphs do you know that match up with the nouns?

Hint 3: I personally like to translate the mnemonic into numbers and then I just need to recognize #1 and can count from there for the rest of the combo ...

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    At Normal difficulty the mnemonic is found in two locations. It sounds like you found both.

Hint 1: The mnemonic should be "The necromancer Ohlm fed an archer and seven sailors to the undead" or in German "Nekromant Ohlm verftterte den Schtzen und sieben Matrosen an die Untoten." Nothing about dwarves ...

Hint 3: I personally like to translate the mnemonic into numbers and then I just need to recognize #1 and can count from there for the rest of the combo ...
    Sorry, I 'shorthanded' the mnemonic when i typed it in my post to save typing and spoilers and got 'seven dwarfs' mixed up with 'seven sailors'.

I am trying to match up the glyphs on the wall with the ones in my notes, i know they may not be an exact match since handwriting varies, but i am having a hell of a time matching them up, the ones on the wall look so different to the ones in my notes. I've already tried it once, but it didn't work.

I think i know what to do from your hints, but unless i can't match up the glyphs correctly which i can't, this is gona be difficult.

So far I have matched up:
    Necromancer - Hieroplant
    Fed - Supply Cache
    Archer - Keeper, etc
    Sailor - Sailor
    Undead - Death

I will go back and try again, but i think i am gonna be here till next christmas, could someone perhaps PM me the solution? I really would like to get on with this mission. Thanks!
    Last edited by shadows; 24th Dec 2011 at 11:50.

Some help for you Shadows (I'll try not to get too specific with the spoilers):
    Your main problem is that you're attempting to solve the clue using the wrong glyph chart. Try going back to the classrooms and look around carefully.

I am trying to match up the glyphs ... with the ones in my notes, i know they may not be an exact match since handwriting varies, but i am having a hell of a time matching them up, the ones on the wall look so different to the ones in my notes. I've already tried it once, but it didn't work.
    The ones automagically written to your notes when you read a document match exactly. All the glyphs are written using a special glyph font to ensure that they match exactly. I suspect that you have not read all the documents relating to glyphs and are trying to force matches. The matches you need are exact. No need to force an interpretation.

So far I have matched up:
    Necromancer - Hieroplant no.
    Fed - Supply Cache no.
    Archer - Keeper, etc no.
    Sailor - Sailor yes.
    Undead - Death no.

I think you may have missed the significance of Coleman's memo to the Bursar. Specifically, ... as long as you remember how to tell the time and how to count, you should have no troubles.

also, from above:

Last edited by LarryG; 24th Dec 2011 at 13:39.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Some help for you Shadows (I'll try not to get too specific with the spoilers):
    Your main problem is that you're attempting to solve the clue using the wrong glyph chart. Try going back to the classrooms and look around carefully.
    Thanks! I had assumed that all the info I needed were in my notes. Mission Complete! Though i need to replay it to complete optional objectives.

I really liked the spider webs!

EDIT: Sorry i didn't see your post LarryG, i hadn't refreshed this page. TheMike's clue, was what i needed to solve the puzzle, the problem was that i was only relying on my scribbled notes to solve it, when in fact the info i needed wasn't scribbled down for me, once i follow TheMike's clue, it was clear as rain. Thanks for the help anyway!
    Last edited by shadows; 24th Dec 2011 at 13:45.

EDIT: Sorry i didn't see your post LarryG, i hadn't refreshed this page. TheMike's clue, was what i needed to solve the puzzle, the problem was that i was only relying on my scribbled notes to solve it, when in fact the info i needed wasn't scribbled down for me, once i follow TheMike's clue, it was clear as rain. Thanks for the help anyway!
    I'm just glad it fell into place for you.

Hi there,

I'm stuck, having 2 problems:

1.) where can I find a broken arrow to complete the first magic potion? The other 3 ingredients I have already (rat, cheese, paper tissue).

2.) In the upper western staircase there is a secret door (?) and opposite to it is a lock similar to the one in the library. Where can I find the key to this lock?

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Urumo

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    Hi there,

I'm stuck, having 2 problems:

1.) where can I find a broken arrow to complete the first magic potion? The other 3 ingredients I have already (rat, cheese, paper tissue).

2.) In the upper western staircase there is a secret door (?) and opposite to it is a lock similar to the one in the library. Where can I find the key to this lock?

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Urumo
    The answer to both your questions is the same.

So ...

1. Think about who would have such an item, then search their office and / or living quarters diligently.

2. In this mission I tried hard to provide multiple ways to get to the same places. So ... if you can't find what you need, explore other areas that might lead there ...

If you need more help after trying out those hints, ask again.

I had no trouble with the mnemonic and matching it up to the glyphs in the attic, but I can't get it to open. Pressed the Necromancer--Archer--Sailor--Undead ONCE, as they appeared. No response. Any thoughts?

Fabulous FM, by the way. Everytime I think the LAST great FM couldn't be surpassed, I'm shortly proven incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Yes. You are missing part of the combo. It is a 5 glyph combo.
    Last edited by LarryG; 24th Dec 2011 at 17:27.

Great FM! Been playing it all day and I'm still no where near being done!

I just need an outright answer as to where the key for secret door in the stairwell is?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by She-Thief View Post
    I just need an outright answer as to where the key for secret door in the stairwell is?
    Not an outright answer, but maybe of some help ... If you really need more, PM me.

1. The headmaster should be able to go anywhere in the building.

2. There is another way in which does not need a key. Look for climbing options and hidden switches. (elsewhere than those stairs)
    Last edited by LarryG; 24th Dec 2011 at 17:45.

need some help,where do i use exibition key? ,what is combo pattern for attic glyphs?,how to open the stairway lock?

and where is readable 24 to put in my book?

i read all other posts but still stuck

also looking for cheese and broken arrow,i think the web mouse is correct for mouse ingriedent?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    need some help,where do i use exibition key? ,what is combo pattern for attic glyphs?,how to open the stairway lock?

and where is readable 24 to put in my book?

i read all other posts but still stuck

also looking for cheese and broken arrow,i think the web mouse is correct for mouse ingriedent?
    I can help you with some of these

Where would a Keeper learn about glyphs?

The readables only go up to page 22, at least for me, i am playing on Expert though, you probably get more hints for Normal.

I can't remember where i found the cheese, but i would try the place where you are most likely to find such a thing.

I didn't find any exhibition key or broken arrow, and haven't tried doing the spells yet so not sure of the mouse. Which 'stairway lock' do you mean? If you mean the window with the lock below it, i haven't figure that one out yet. Still lots to do for me, haha

I can help you with some of these

Where would a Keeper learn about glyphs?

The readables only go up to page 22, at least for me, i am playing on Expert though, you probably get more hints for Normal.

I can't remember where i found the cheese, but i would try the place where you are most likely to find such a thing.

I didn't find any exhibition key or broken arrow, and haven't tried doing the spells yet so not sure of the mouse. Which 'stairway lock' do you mean? If you mean the window with the lock below it, i haven't figure that one out yet. Still lots to do for me, haha

yeah lock on stairway under window,looks like a door will open directly behind it,been in libary room with ring key,cant find use for exibition key,i went to head master room and saw nothing,also check kitchen for cheese and nothing,also checked my mice in attic,no luck

playing on normal as expert was impossibel to get scroll with that old lady, and no way to shut off stage lights where scroll was

also i alreadt was at the classrooms,i need to figure out the order in atic to hit them,i am terrible at these type of puzzles,always have been
    Last edited by downwinder; 25th Dec 2011 at 05:03.

downwinder: Scroll (Expert) Perhaps there is a way to move the scroll into the shadows?

Cheese: Check the rooms at the back of the kitchen. (It's optional.)

Exhibits key: You use it in the exhibition rooms! Check carefully around the dining room and/or the headmaster's study.
    Last edited by ffox; 25th Dec 2011 at 07:55. Reason: typo

yeah lock on stairway under window,looks like a door will open directly behind it,been in libary room with ring key,cant find use for exibition key,i went to head master room and saw nothing,also check kitchen for cheese and nothing,also checked my mice in attic,no luck

playing on normal as expert was impossibel to get scroll with that old lady, and no way to shut off stage lights where scroll was

also i alreadt was at the classrooms,i need to figure out the order in atic to hit them,i am terrible at these type of puzzles,always have been
    I think I will also try this on Normal, I'm finding Expert too tedious (interminable readables, can't explore at a reasonable pace without being detected). However, I did find a solution to the scroll in the spotlight problem. I knocked it off into the shade with a routine inventory item.

yeah lock on stairway under window,looks like a door will open directly behind it,been in libary room with ring key,cant find use for exibition key,i went to head master room and saw nothing, ...
    You are on the right track. The headmaster has 2 areas that he walks between, an administration office and a residential apartment. You should check out both very carefully. It is very well hidden.

If you don't find his ring, you still can get into the area opened up by the ring in another way. But you will need to investigate alternative approaches to climb up to that level. So start on the floor below and look for areas you can climb up ...

also check kitchen for cheese and nothing,
    I keep my cheeses in my refrigerator, don't you?

also checked my mice in attic,no luck
    Rats! What did you check them for?

i think the web mouse is correct for mouse ingriedent?
    Worth a try when you have the rest of the recipe.

Hint: To get the scroll without KOing everybody you need to remember a commonly used technique and then apply it differently.
    Major Hint: If you can't get to it where it is, can you move it to where you can get to it?

... where do i use exibition key? ...
    You use the "Exhibits Key" to open the exhibits in the "Special Collections" area.

...what is combo pattern for attic glyphs
    You need to find the mnemonic that the Bursar uses to help him remember the code.
    Then you need to see if there is anything you have read about the things in the mnemonic which will help you. If not, go back to the classrooms and study what is there. You'll figure it out.
    Last edited by LarryG; 25th Dec 2011 at 05:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I think I will also try this on Normal, I'm finding Expert too tedious (interminable readables, can't explore at a reasonable pace without being detected).
    It won't help you in this mission, but the remaining missions in the campaign do not take place in Keeper areas, so far fewer readables, and very few folk who are as sensitive as Keepers are trained to be. It's just that Keepers are such a literary lot and this is a school after all ... I think as you get used to the Keepers, you'll find that you can avoid alerting them reasonably well. If you don't want to KO your teachers and friends, remember, most every light can be turned off with a frob. Those that can't will succumb to gas or water arrows. Hmmm, except for the classroom floor ... There you really need to sneak from room to room carefully ...
    Last edited by LarryG; 25th Dec 2011 at 05:57.

ok this is where i am in mission,still need help,i found key above door of head master,i been to area above grand stairs behind paints in tunnel,lead me to the dining area,found nothing else in there,i know where gylph spot it,but got no idea in what order i have to do the 5 symbol combo,must have forgotten that readable and there are so many i feel lost

i guess what i need to know is ,is my next step trying to open lock under that window on stairs,or do i got to find a way to open the gate on bottom floor next to mop,found a couple areas with doors that dont open,figure they will open later

just wish i knew what next step was as alot of the things i can do are optionial,i feel a bit lost

feel free to message me excatly what to do so i can lessen the amounts of memory i am using on this mission

bikerdude
    Sweet, thanks for this, that 3 FM's (2x T2 & 1x TDM) to player over xmas.

iam using darkloader 4.1 and i cant get the mission to install darkloader stops to respond. Any other mission works fine any clue ??

ok this is where i am in mission,still need help ...
    feel free to message me excatly what to do so i can lessen the amounts of memory i am using on this mission
    PMing you. Also you were nearly there with the passage you found. Explore it carefully. There is a switch to will open up more of the passage.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast