TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED T2 FM: Finals at the Academy - v2.0 May 6 2012

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki View Post
    iam using darkloader 4.1 and i cant get the mission to install darkloader stops to respond. Any other mission works fine any clue ??
    Unfortunately I can't use DL at all on my machine. I use GL. My beta testers mostly used DL and no one reported a problem ... I can only suggest the normal stuff, not in any particular order: 1. get the most up-to-date version of DL that works on your machine and install that. 2. Make sure you have enough disk space to unpack the zip. That is, try to unpack the zip manually. If it does not unpack, you may have a bad copy or you may need to clean out your drive to make room. 3. reboot and try again. 4. uninstall DL and reinstall it.

Surely there is a DL troubleshooting thread, no? Post there?

Sorry.

Necropolis

Where is the key?

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Where is the key?
    Don't worry about that now. Work on your objectives. You will be able to get into the necropolis in due time.

Lots of neat little details in this one. Didn't notice the caged bird shuffles from side to side on it's perch.

Found the Special Collections Unlocking Ring (nicely hidden button), but it doesn't open the secret door OR the cases. Is it broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    Lots of neat little details in this one. Didn't notice the caged bird shuffles from side to side on it's perch.

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    Found the Special Collections Unlocking Ring (nicely hidden button), but it doesn't open the secret door OR the cases. Is it broken?
    A: It opens both. but you have to be patient. A ring-key is not exactly like a key, in behavior it's more like a lock pick. The relevant text says " ... each new Elder is given a Ring of Unlocking keyed to that Elder's new duties. This ring may also aid in the unlocking of unprotected locks." If you have the exhibits key, use that, it's faster as it is specific to those locks. The ring-key can help open a bunch of locks (but not all, the "protected" ones it can't open) faster than lock picks, but not as fast as the right key.

ok found exsibete rooms finnaly lol,,but still need to find a way to get in staircase lock

where do i go to get key for staricase?

also not sure what i do with bell?

making a fan mission depending on a ton of readable is very hard for me

i am suppost to find and read the necro thing,but i got attic i cant solve,i did all readables but i dont got time to reread everything over and over ,so i need 5 gylph code,times like this i wish there were youtube walkthroughs
    Last edited by downwinder; 25th Dec 2011 at 22:46.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    where do i go to get key for staricase?
    I PM'd you with spoilers.

Please help with glyph puzzle so I can continue with game.
    I have nercomancer, archer, sailor, and undead. The only other noun is Olhm and I cannot find a glyph for him. I do not know if this is even the right order. After hours of trying every conceivable combination it has ceased being fun and is now aggravating.

uhai - You also need to use the "7".

I have used the 7 in many different ways. Still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by uhai View Post
    I have used the 7 in many different ways. Still nothing.
    PM'd you with a spoiler.

Thanks everyone foe the replies. But that's one of the first that I used. So where is the opening?

You may be experiencing a technique problem. My suggestion is to hold down the frob button/key and release it when the glyph you want to select shows up. If you are too late in releasing, you may have selected the next glyph instead.

I do not know what happened but I used that sequence countless times with no success but I just tried it again and got the opening to the fault. Anyway thanks again now I can continue.

omg i finally completed mission,thank you to all those helped me,it was a massive mission,thank you to person who made it,best part was finding dewdrop,was so unexpected but so needed in a time like that

4/7 secrets i wonder what the other 3 are

Quote Originally Posted by uhai View Post
    I do not know what happened but I used that sequence countless times with no success but I just tried it again and got the opening to the fault. Anyway thanks again now I can continue.

Done! Mostly, anyway. Thank the Builder that the loot objective was optional--even good FMs stumble with loot requirements and I hate searching for a few final trinkets.

Excellent--and exhaustive--work, LarryG. Even if the mission wasn't excellent, the textures and objects should enrich FMs for years to come.

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to the sequel.

things that i was like wow when i saw,ofcourse the nails that help up some of the wall items was so perfect,the mine cart track in that one upstairs room,the bird ofcourse,the fireplaces were amazing,you are the first person who nailed the look of real fire,i will go replay it now and take the time to see all the fine details,as this is one amazing mission,but i wanted to ask did you put that one pic of the devil thing that was in om missions,its one painting i look for in missions always like i look for dewdrop

one of the best missions forsure and came in before 2012

also noticed alot of ways to go back when it wasent needed to so i take it on expert you have to escape?

Hello again,

I'm now in Necropolis. In the very first bedroom after the maze (NE corner of the system) I cut a banner at its N wall. Now I can hear a keeper glyph sound - but I cannot see a glyph. Is this a bug or am I looking at the wrong place ???

And still I'm looking for a rattle to calm the crying baby. I have the notes, but no idea, where to look.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Urumo

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    Hello again,

I'm now in Necropolis. In the very first bedroom after the maze (NE corner of the system) I cut a banner at its N wall. Now I can hear a keeper glyph sound - but I cannot see a glyph. Is this a bug or am I looking at the wrong place ???
    I experienced the same thing after cutting the banner, but once i reloaded and did it again, there was no sound. I assumed it was a bug...

Yeah, we had that glyph sound crop up a few times during testing but I don't think we ever figured out what was causing it or how to fix it. Sometimes it will occur when you kill a skeleton in the maze.

And still I'm looking for a rattle to calm the crying baby. I have the notes, but no idea, where to look.
    Hint 1. There are a couple of ancient writings to be found. One discusses how to quiet a colicky baby and the other offers condolences to a mother. It sounds like you found the first but not the 2nd.
    Hint 2. If you found the condolences note, but still don't know where to look, did you find a place where there was something that looked just like the colicky baby in the cradle, but was happily playing? If not, then you need to look for more secret areas.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I experienced the same thing after cutting the banner, but once i reloaded and did it again, there was no sound. I assumed it was a bug...
    Or Ohlm messing with your mind! I vote for the latter explanation.

I couldn't find a cause for the occasional odd glyph sound. I looked. So it has to be Ohlm messing with us.

Seriously, this mission is on the bleeding edge of every Dark engine limit, objects, brushes, cells, etc.. The fact that it seems to play at all is a minor miracle.
    Last edited by LarryG; 26th Dec 2011 at 14:03.

Hi LarryG,
    thanks for your quick response. I have both scrolls. The secret areas I found are two elevators taking me down. There I found the murdered skeleton and an escape route to the maze. Could you please give me another fine hint to the secret area you mentioned where I can see the happy baby?
    Thanks in advance
    Urumo

Hi LarryG,
    thanks for your quick response. I have both scrolls. The secret areas I found are two elevators taking me down. There I found the murdered skeleton and an escape route to the maze. Could you please give me another fine hint to the secret area you mentioned where I can see the happy baby?
    Thanks in advance
    Urumo
    On your way back to the necropolis maze through the tunnels, did you not see something that looked like the baby "playing" in the room with the high-rise sarcophogi? (next door to the room with the murdered skeleton) You should look everywhere in there.
    ... some people will put a health rattle in a baby's burial chamber to keep the demons away from their child's remains.

What level of difficulty are you playing?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast