TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED T2 FM: Finals at the Academy - v2.0 May 6 2012

Hi LarryG,

oooohhh - of course! I will promptly go there to have a look around.

I'm playing on normal. (First I tried expert, as I do usually. But the puzzle with the scroll on the stool was to hard at first. In the meantime I've read some threats to that theme. I will replay the mission after completing it on normal.)

Thanks!
    Urumo

Hello taffers I can not find the attic hidden library??? Been all over the attic from one end to the other what am I missiing??

It's not really a library. You need to go clockwise around the attic about as far as you can go. Then start searching the walls closely.

Hi LarryG,

Thank you so much for this fantastic FM!
    It is very very well thought out, has an elegant finesse and a top accuracy & cleanness in building and outworking.
    Remarkable discreet hidden secrets for loot & goodies. Refined formulation of the hints in the readables - (if only the player would read them as carefully as they are written )!

In one word: it's a great pleasure to play it.

Congratulations for this excellent work!

Urumo

Hey Tannar thanks but can you be a little more specific is it anywhere near the big red spider?

Yes, not too far. When you reach the big spider, keep going clockwise and through another red door. That should put you pretty close to it.

Found it Thank you so much!

Help needed please

iīm finding this one hard, or maybe iīm missing something obvious, i found a red key for the exhibits, where can i find these exhibits door? also i found a lock below a windows, where can i find its key ring? and where can i find the book gremoria necromantica,? the readables are so many in this mission that i came to a point that i donīt bother myself reading them anymore, although i frob them to see if i complete any optional goal or a main goal

Iīm enjoying this mission so far, nice design, i love the new objects and the way how i can interact with them , also it feels good to see alot of beautifull paintings decorating the wall, the only thing that i feel wrong is that there is no ambient music, this school looks so dead and empty without a music filling the atmosphere.
    Last edited by Cardia; 26th Dec 2011 at 19:55.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    iīm finding this one hard, or maybe iīm missing something obvious, i found a red key for the exhibits, where can i find these exhibits door? also i found a lock below a windows, where can i find its key ring? and where can i find gremoria necromantica?

Iīm enjoying this mission so far, nice design, i love the new objects and the way how i can interact with them , also it feels good to see alot of beautifull paintings decorating the wall, the only thing that i feel wrong is that there is no ambient music, this school looks so dead and empty without a music filling the atmosphere.
    It IS hard, I know!!!

Did you see the keylock under the window on the stairs to the upperfloor, next to the attic? When you open it a whole new exhibition part wil open on the oposite wall. You'll find the keyring in one of the upper rooms.

About the book Gremoria Necromantica: Check out the attick, use the glyphs on a part of the walll where the engine is ..... did you read the "glyph clock" already? in one of the lesson rooms?

EXTRA 1 = nevcromancer, 2 = archer, 3 = banker, 4 = sailor and 5 is undead!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Dec 2011 at 00:59. Reason: fixed spoiler cover
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

iīm finding this one hard, or maybe iīm missing something obvious, i found a red key for the exhibits, where can i find these exhibits door?
    In this case the key is easier to find than what you use it for. Be patient.

also i found a lock below a windows, where can i find its key ring?
    1. Hint: Which keeper(s) would have the responsibility for the Special Collections? Search their rooms and offices closely.

2. 2nd Hint: Search Coleman's residence closely

If you need more PM me.

and where can i find the book gremoria necromantica,?
    Hint: see if you can find the Library Book Checkout Cards.

Hint2: go to the Front Office and read what is in the file cabinets.

If you need more PM me.

the readables are so many in this mission that i came to a point that i donīt bother myself reading them anymore, although i frob them to see if i complete any optional goal or a main goal
    I quite understand. This mission is not to everyone's taste. I felt (& still feel) that a Keeper school would have books, and reading books would be an essential part of the experience. Now you know one reason why Garrett left: He didn't like it any better than you do!

Seriously, it sets up a whole lot of background needed for the entire campaign. And as my first mission I did not (and still do not) have the skill to provide AI conversations which would give you the some of the same information in a less reading intensive way. Besides you need it written down to be able to refer to it later. A conversation would not give that to you.

But enough self-justification. I knew the number of books would be something that some members of the community would not like. But to make the mission I wanted to make, I felt that they were needed. A more experienced designer might have found a better way. Oh well. If you don't like the mission because of all the reading required, I fully understand. I can say that the next two missions do not take place in the Keeper academy and are not planned to have anywhere near this amount of reading material.

... the only thing that i feel wrong is that there is no ambient music, this school looks so dead and empty without a music filling the atmosphere.
    There is an ambient background. Not music. And it changes as you progress through the mission. You just have not gotten very far yet.
    Last edited by LarryG; 26th Dec 2011 at 22:59. Reason: grammar

Thanks Gloria and LarryG for the hints

LarryG you got me wrong, i didnīt say i donīt like the mission, like i said iīm enjoying the mission, this one is very good for a first mission, and my first mission compared to this one looks pale, the readables are not a bad idea, reading is healthy for the mind and provides culture, the only reason why iīm not reading the readables is that my english is limited, therefore there are many words that i canīt understand and i canīt spent the whole mission using my dictonary, so the readables are optional, people are free to read it or not and the mission will go on and thatīs what matters.
    The only thing that i really miss while i explore the school is a background music, if you update this mission you should reconsider adding a ambient music to certain areas, i can send you a dvd with soundtracks for games. if you want.

this is a unique and high quality mission from what i seeing so far

the only reason why iīm not reading the readables is that my english is limited, therefore there are many words that i canīt understand and i canīt spent the whole mission using my dictonary, so the readables are optional, people are free to read it or not and the mission will go on and thatīs what matters.
    I wanted to have a Spanish or Italian or Portuguese translation (some Latin language), at a minimum I wanted to provide a dictionary / glossary in each language for the harder words / phrases, but no translator volunteered. This mission is hard enough if you speak the language fluently. It must be nearly impossible if you don't.

The only thing that i really miss while i explore the school is a background music, if you update this mission you should reconsider adding a ambient music to certain areas, i can send you a dvd with soundtracks for games. if you want.
    There are ambients throughout the mission. For example, the mission starts with m00start, transitions to m01inside which stays on until the grimoire is found, at which point it switches to grimone, and so on. Aren't you hearing them? There may be a problem with your setup (or zip or something) somehow if not ...
    Last edited by LarryG; 27th Dec 2011 at 06:12.

Congratulations on this amazing, breathtakingly beautiful and exciting mission. Combining the TH3-inspired characters (enforcers, glyphs, elders, etc) was IMO a superb idea as they not only thoroughly fit into, but greatly enhance the atmosphere.
    Having explored the Academy inch by inch I now have 21/22 readables copied to my notes, 5 keys on my keyring (including that from Coleman's doorframe), a Librarian's Unlocker Ring, and about 25-30 unique inventory items like love poems, skulls, dice, a handsaw, a war axe, etc. I have looted the Exhibit, manufactured a few gas arrows and invisibility potions. Using the mnemomics I deciphering the glyph code in the attic and entered the secret storage. However, I have a problem nobody else seems to have encountered: none of my inventory items can open the big ornate book inside.
    What am I missing, or otherwise doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    However, I have a problem nobody else seems to have encountered: none of my inventory items can open the big ornate book inside.
    What am I missing, or otherwise doing wrong?
    Hint: It can be opened using lockpicks. Garrett will give you 'hints' on which lockpick to use throughout the process.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Hint: It can be opened using lockpicks. Garrett will give you 'hints' on which lockpick to use throughout the process.
    Thank you shadows,

I obviously misunderstood those "oops"!. I'm on my way to Necropolis now.

I'm finding this fm way too difficult.......
    is there a way to destroy the webs?

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'm finding this fm way too difficult.......
    Sorry. I read in this forum a lot of complaints about FMs being too easy. Maybe I went too far in the other direction. If you are not playing at Normal, I suggest that. I promise to post a Complete Hints thread & Loot List when most folk have had a chance to play through without that temptation. If you are really stuck and none of my (or other posters') hints in this topic help you enough, I will also PM specific spoilers now .

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    is there a way to destroy the webs?
    The webs with live spiders around you can walk through.You'll take a little damage, but not much. You may be able to slash them out of existence without taking harm. I forget if that works. (EDIT: I just checked, and yeah, you can cut them.) The cobwebs (the random looking webs) in the attic and corridors you just walk through and they do not damage you, being old and basically drifting dusty stuff. They are just for atmosphere & verisimilitude. (EDIT: I suppose I could have made them break when walked though or slashed. I just didn't think of that before now. I don't know if that is a good or bad idea until I test it out and see if I like the effect. Thanks. You gave me something to think about.)
    Last edited by LarryG; 27th Dec 2011 at 12:57.

Am I right in thinking that, even if you have "read" in-game all the myriad readables in the form of books, papers, posters etc, when you get to the attic you won't have the information in your in-game notes needed to solve the glyph puzzle?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Am I right in thinking that, even if you have "read" in-game all the myriad readables in the form of books, papers, posters etc, when you get to the attic you won't have the information in your in-game notes needed to solve the glyph puzzle?
    No, you are wrong in that assumption. You should have more than enough information written to your notes automagically for that puzzle and for most every other puzzle in the mission.

EDIT: By the way, there are a couple of things in the mission hinted at in the readables which do not end up in your objectives per se, but should be rewarding to those diligent enough to find and figure them out. For example, you can't get all the loot in the mission without figuring out one of them. The other is just for fun and bragging rights.
    Last edited by LarryG; 27th Dec 2011 at 14:05.

Very detailed mission with so many readables, I guess sometimes I get too lazy to read them thouroughly enough.

The little bird in the cage moving back and forth on his perch in one of the elder's rooms was really neat as well as a few other detailed aspects.

I seem to be running into a completely invisible enforcer near the study hall next to the lounge near the library. Is this part of the curse mentioned that has to be broken?

I also got a kick out of finding Garrett's grades; there perhaps should have been a category or class for personal finance and some fairly low grades there. Maybe Garrett did not take that class and that is why he has to ply his future trade so often.

Having fun, but I really have to be in the right mood at the right time to get through so many readables. Sorry about being lazy on this at the moment, because it looks as though it is really important to do so very intently in this FM.

OldMeat: If your presence is detected with no one in sight it might be that an unconscious body has been discovered.

If you knock someone out, be sure to hide the body in a dark place well away from where any Keeper is likely to pass; it might get detected, even through a closed door, if the body is left too close to the door with the lights on inside.

Old Meat, if you are where I think you are

I think you're encountering someone not actually on the floor in question. He's very sensitive to sound, and that will fail the mission (at least in my experience). And yes, he does seem to be able to inflict damage, and he does seem to remain invisible, but I'm not even sure he ever comes to that floor.

Further SPOILER:

Look at the design of the Scriptorium (what you're calling the study hall). It suggests where the culprit has his patrol. You need to find a way to access that area.

help again...

I found a glyph in the attic, i frobed it, but i see no results, what does this glyph do?

I found a glyph in the attic, i frobed it, but i see no results, what does this glyph do?
    It forces you to read the rest of this thread...

You need to get back to your current objective: "Find and read the Grimoria Necromantica." So, what have you found that might tell you where that is? Maybe look in the Library area? Is there a book check out record anywhere? Once you know where the Grimoire is supposed to be, you will need to figure out how to get in there . . . Just try to tackle your objectives logically and look for clues where they might logically be found.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast