TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED T2 FM: Finals at the Academy - v2.0 May 6 2012

Finish behind 12 o'clock,5 secrets all increases...Beautiful plus heavy mission.Only more such mission.

Hi great mission. I am stuck, I have the map for the maze but unable to find it where is this maze. I am in the exhibition area and see a statue on the wall where this was shooting arrows at me. Can some one help me.
    thanks

ps I keep hearing about the endless stairs where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    Hi great mission. I am stuck, I have the map for the maze but unable to find it where is this maze. I am in the exhibition area and see a statue on the wall where this was shooting arrows at me. Can some one help me.
    thanks

ps I keep hearing about the endless stairs where is it?
    You need to pay attention to your primary objective. You still have the objective "Find and read the Grimoria Necromantica", no? Concentrate on that. Once you have accomplished that objective more will be possible.

I thought I would be able to do more objectives before reading the book. Now I read the book, where is the location of the endless stairs and the maze? It says that I need to do the ritual.
    Found a door at the beginning to continnue my quest.

thanks
    Last edited by Silent Warrior; 1st Jan 2012 at 15:25.

I've been away for a few years so its like im starting all over and i must be missing something...........how does one get the scroll at the beginning without anyone seeing or hearing you.

And as always as soon as one writes a post the lightbulb goes on , on my way wish me luck
    Last edited by maloo; 1st Jan 2012 at 16:31.

I think Silent Warrior and maloo answered their own questions and no longer need help ...

I'm desperately waiting for the lootlist

but in the meantime I'd very much appreciate a gentle nudge towards the last secret.
    I have found Coleman's ring and the Special Exhibit passage in the Academy, both secrets related to the crying baby, and two in the maze (a moving coffin, and the top passage in the central chamber).
    Thanks for soothing my perfectionist soul:
    csamba

Hint: You didn't find much loot inside when you moved the sarcophagus, did you? That's because you did not find the treasure vault.

I will be posting a link to a complete loot list, all collectibles and consumables, and a collection of HINTS & SPOILERS. Just not today. I've picked up an intestinal bug and am not much good to anyone today.
    Last edited by LarryG; 1st Jan 2012 at 20:37. Reason: nuts not what I meant

Thank you for a fun adventure.

Just finished my third time though, finally found all seven secrets, all three ways up the stairs, and just 50 shy on loot.

Looking forward to part 2, where I hope some of the lingering questions get answered.

Hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    Thank you for a fun adventure.

Just finished my third time though, finally found all seven secrets, all three ways up the stairs, and just 50 shy on loot.
    Well done! Extremely well done. Ready to ghost it now?

Looking forward to part 2, where I hope some of the lingering questions get answered.
    I'm looking forward to it too.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Hint: You didn't find much loot inside when you moved the sarcophagus, did you? That's because you did not find the treasure vault.

I will be posting a link to a complete loot list, all collectibles and consumables, and a collection of HINTS & SPOILERS. Just not today. I've picked up an intestinal bug and am not much good to anyone today.

I also wish you a quick recovery.
    In the meantime I'll be enjoying a fourth ride all across your superb masterpiece, touching every single brick and looking into every (im)possible hole for that treasure chamber.

Bug?

Playing "Normal" difficulty. I've searched most of the areas (I'll search some more) but haven't got into the maze yet, I am stuck at the glyphs puzzle.

I have two mnemonic notes in inventory, but when I right click with them in inventory, I don't get a page with the mnemonic (or anything else on it) - it does nothing! Is this a bug, or is there something else I do with the mnemonic notesother than read them?

- prjames

Additional question (after more searching): Once you enter the special collections hall and get everything in there I got the wisdom bell, I didn't get the broken armillary, how do you leave?
    Last edited by prjames; 3rd Jan 2012 at 00:33. Reason: additional question

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Playing "Normal" difficulty. I've searched most of the areas (I'll search some more) but haven't got into the maze yet, I am stuck at the glyphs puzzle.

I have two mnemonic notes in inventory, but when I right click with them in inventory, I don't get a page with the mnemonic (or anything else on it) - it does nothing! Is this a bug, or is there something else I do with the mnemonic notesother than read them?
    When you read the mnemonic note in your inventory the first time, you should have heard a scratching sound when you went back to game play mode. If you then look at your maps, and scroll to the right, you will find a series of notes that Garrett writes whenever you read something of interest to him. If you scroll to page 15 of those notes, you'll see that he wrote down the mnemonic note at the bottom of the page. At that point you can drop the copies of mnemonic note from your inventory if you so desire. You have a copy written to your notes and don't need them anymore.

So, you have the mnemonic do you know what it is for? You should have also read a memo from Coleman to Bursar which discusses the use of the mnemonic. And you should have also found out where the grimoire is located. Yes? Have you found the location referenced? If so, you should know now what to do with the mnemonic. Since I don't know exactly what you have already found, I don't quite know how to advise you further.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Additional question (after more searching): Once you enter the special collections hall and get everything in there I got the wisdom bell, I didn't get the broken armillary, how do you leave?
    There are two exits / entrances. You can go back the way you entered if you search near there diligently.

I get a crash to Desktop when the mission starts - as soon as it plays the paper rustling sound. It doesn't even get so far as rendering the FM to the screen.

I have a clean install with no enhancement packs etc, just the extra osm files - NVscript etc.

Could it be that your FM requires a specific version of NVScript (etc) and mine is too old ? I have v1.2.2. I also have Tnhscript v1.5.3.

Or is it an XP64 issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    I get a crash to Desktop when the mission starts - as soon as it plays the paper rustling sound. It doesn't even get so far as rendering the FM to the screen.

I have a clean install with no enhancement packs etc, just the extra osm files - NVscript etc.

Could it be that your FM requires a specific version of NVScript (etc) and mine is too old ? I have v1.2.2. I also have Tnhscript v1.5.3.

Or is it an XP64 issue ?
    It works on 64 bit machines. That's what I have, but Vista 64 not XP. Also your version of osms are not an issue. Your system may just not support this mission. Sorry . . . what paper rustling sound?

My Russian beta testers report that the Russian translation of Finals is ready for release. Links to that translation are now found on the first post to this topic.

When you read the mnemonic note in your inventory the first time, you should have heard a scratching sound when you went back to game play mode. If you then look at your maps, and scroll to the right, you will find a series of notes that Garrett writes whenever you read something of interest to him. If you scroll to page 15 of those notes, you'll see that he wrote down the mnemonic note at the bottom of the page. At that point you can drop the copies of mnemonic note from your inventory if you so desire. You have a copy written to your notes and don't need them anymore.

So, you have the mnemonic do you know what it is for? You should have also read a memo from Coleman to Bursar which discusses the use of the mnemonic. And you should have also found out where the grimoire is located. Yes? Have you found the location referenced? If so, you should know now what to do with the mnemonic. Since I don't know exactly what you have already found, I don't quite know how to advise you further.

There are two exits / entrances. You can go back the way you entered if you search near there diligently.
    The note at the bottom of page 15 was not there even though the reference to the note from Coleman to Bursar was on page 15. I dropped the mnemonic notes, went back to the place with the files and re-read the note from Coleman to Bursar, then went back and got a mnemonic note and read it, and the readable appeared and the note appeared at the bottom of page 15.

I've now solved both of my issues and am continuing with reduced health due to the plot twist - thanks for your help.

- prjames

Last edited by JonesCrusher; 5th Jan 2012 at 09:08. Reason: spoiler cover not working

There was a talk about easter eggs... anyone found any to tell us about

Someone already did . . . it's not the greatest egg, more of the idea of an egg that a character decided not to make.
    Last edited by LarryG; 5th Jan 2012 at 08:43.

Someone already did . . . it's not the greatest egg, more of the idea of an egg that a character decided not to make.

What is the shiny thing ratty in the attic is willing to swap his ring for? Or do I have to motivate him somehow to do it? I've tried to place various shiny objects in his way, but no joy.

Also trying to figure out the "wrench" objective someone mentioned before.

I'd appreciate a usual murky hint, they have already helped a lot - really!

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    What is the shiny thing ratty in the attic is willing to swap his ring for? Or do I have to motivate him somehow to do it? I've tried to place various shiny objects in his way, but no joy.
    Hint: "... tales of rats swapping jewelry for a shiny pebble or ribbon." Did you find either?

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Also trying to figure out the "wrench" objective someone mentioned before.
    Look in Pauel's rooms and see if you can figure out what needs to be done. Hint for after you have the objective in mind: The person who wrote the note, has a To Do list which might offer another clue.
    Last edited by LarryG; 6th Jan 2012 at 16:46. Reason: Corrected objective errors

Ok, if you mean the B...-upgrade - I found that one! But in your book files in the zip there are also some sort of lamp trolley blue files, which I couldnīt actually find in Leopolds room. Are those in the game?

Help

I do not found the key or ring for window bottom of stairs. I look very closely at the offices and room of the Coleman and not found anything. A hint please!

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Ok, if you mean the B...-upgrade - I found that one! But in your book files in the zip there are also some sort of lamp trolley blue files, which I couldnīt actually find in Leopolds room. Are those in the game?
    Ah. Bummer. That was supposed to be there, and was a bit to tie in to the next mission in the campaign, True Dreams, but seems to have gone missing. It is a early design for a "magnicrane trolly." The one which you will see in True Dreams is a redesigned model. I guess I took the old one out of the mission and forgot to put in the new one. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by reka1 View Post
    I do not found the key or ring for window bottom of stairs. I look very closely at the offices and room of the Coleman and not found anything. A hint please!
    1. There is another way in there which does not require a key. Prior hints in this thread.
    2. Hint: Check everywhere in Coleman's residence study, there is a well hidden switch.
    3. Hint: You'll know when you are getting hot.

I'll PM you a complete spoiler too.

EDIT: @reka1 --- Oops! You're not set up on the forum to receive Private Messages. If you change your profile (via the "Settings" button upper right frame) to allow them, I'll PM you with the spoiler. As is, I can't.
    Last edited by LarryG; 5th Jan 2012 at 13:41.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast