TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Better Off Dead - Mission 1 The Citadel (v.2 - 11/02/2012)

AWESOME!!

Sensut: These were simply amazing levels I just wished that they would not end!! I will replay these many more times and Thank You so much!! I give them three thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Sensut: These were simply amazing levels I just wished that they would not end!! I will replay these many more times and Thank You so much!! I give them three thumbs up!
    You're welcome, I'm glad you like it. Unfortunately that's only fit into now.

The clips from Echos in the second mission worked really well.

Wow! No one captures 'gothic' quite like you, Sensut. Very well done indeed!!

Hot damn that was good. Game-play was very well balanced. The scenery was lovely. The challenge difficult but not overly complicated. New gadgets and enemies were refreshing to use and see. Just a taffing good time. I'm going back in to hunt for a few secrets I missed. Don't wait up.

Another awesome Sensut masterpiece. Really well done! Nice story and nice texturing. My mind was always completing the Pink Floyd pieces with the following notes. So Aleister Crowley and Abdul Alhazred worked (fictionally) together, who would have guessed that. Maybe the next mission is going to take place in Italy in Abbey of Thelema or Garrett meets Cthhulu or Azazoth.

That door next to the assembly hall with the gear downwards let me become insane. Thanks to the spoilers I found it and slaped my forehead for not remembering it (saw it earlier but forgot it).

Also searched an eternal time for the ice ruby. It was driving me nuts. Until I smashed all of the ice beasts and it popped out.
    Last edited by fey*grenzgang; 7th Feb 2012 at 15:18.

How do I unlock the portal?

Did you notice the stone-plates ?
    They are sensitive, but there is no need for a large inventory.

I do not understand.....

Maga, first I used some rubbles on some plates, but there are only three.

Afterwards, I found that you just need to step on all of the plates and the portal will open up.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

call me dumb........are the plates the horni thingies or the "crown" of written stone around the hole?????

Which plates?

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Which plates?
    Do you see the square plates on the grass in the area of the portal. They sink a bit when you step on them. I believe there're six or seven.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Oh that's why I did not understand.......I meant the portal in the crypt...........

I'm still in the first mission and haven't yet found the yellow egg. I found the place to use that egg. I think it may be a bug, but
    spoiler:
    I had inadvertently frobbed that "yellow-egg" raven statue with the assembly hall key and opened that secret.
    For me this is easily repeatable.

This mission is magnificent, I've been playing for the last couple of days and I keep finding new areas. This one's definitely going among my favourites

I'm stuck in a few places though.

How do I open Alhazred's tomb? I used the acid on the doorchains, but it still won't open.
    How do I get to the other side of the assembly hall (the one opposite the clock, on top of the throne with the 2 chests)? I shot some rope arrows up there, but it's too high to reach.
    And where can I find the key to the library?

No-one for the portal in the crypt? I haven't found the pagan compass anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    No-one for the portal in the crypt? I haven't found the pagan compass anywhere...
    After you have the master key from the temple (the priest's belt), you can take the Hammer key from the Library. Next then, in the other room (Pastorium), open the attic door+ladder with the big hammer on the fireplace, and there is the compass in the safe. Go to the crypt and put the compass to that dracon claw. But note that this claw (idol) will be frobable only after you found the Book of OO as well. The compass will open a portal there.

I got the book. Heading to the library......
    Thanks Sensut!

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    This mission is magnificent, I've been playing for the last couple of days and I keep finding new areas. This one's definitely going among my favourites

I'm stuck in a few places though.

How do I open Alhazred's tomb? I used the acid on the doorchains, but it still won't open.
    How do I get to the other side of the assembly hall (the one opposite the clock, on top of the throne with the 2 chests)? I shot some rope arrows up there, but it's too high to reach.
    And where can I find the key to the library?
    The tomb will open later. Also can be opened with acid but looks like something does not work properly. I'll fix it.

To the Golden Hammer in AH you can climb down from the attic, see the hole above the clock mechanism.

After restarted the clock find the master key in the Temple.

Thanks a lot Sensut, I found the gear and everything else unravelled after that...

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    The tomb will open later. Also can be opened with acid but looks like something does not work properly. I'll fix it.
    Ah, ha, so you can open it ahead of time. I tried it but all i got was a red glow, i was quite relieved, haha, i didn't want to release that evil out.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Ah, ha, so you can open it ahead of time. I tried it but all i got was a red glow, i was quite relieved, haha, i didn't want to release that evil out.
    There is a Pagan Sling to find before the clock start and Alhazred coming out from there. There was a problem with the door which I fixed but created another bug . Fortunately I've removed the secret from that tomb and has nothing important to do with the gameplay. I'll fix in an update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    There is a Pagan Sling to find before the clock start and Alhazred coming out from there. There was a problem with the door which I fixed but created another bug . Fortunately I've removed the secret from that tomb and has nothing important to do with the gameplay. I'll fix in an update soon.
    After I used the acid, I was able to retrieve the Pagan Sling by frobbing the still-closed door. No secret, but a fun, lethal weapon (on humans, at least -- it just annoys the dead).

A few minor issues:

You can't read the last of the scattered pages because the goal completed message comes up immediately.

On some of the poster scrolls, the word TEXT appears on the screen just before the game switches to the book art.

Just a question really: Why does Garrett say 'oops' when he uses the holy cloak for the first time?

Can't find the arrows in the crypt

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast