TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Better Off Dead - Mission 1 The Citadel (v.2 - 11/02/2012)

I'm not normally one to obsess over every last thing but I'm making an exception in the case of mission 1. I've found all the secrets and all the loot and have even climbed out of the game but just can't find the last book page. But I will! Just reporting in.

Quote Originally Posted by knvb View Post
    Can't find the arrows in the crypt
    The arrows are not in the crypt but in the Alchemist's workshop in the tower. Check your map, if you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post

A few minor issues:

You can't read the last of the scattered pages because the goal completed message comes up immediately.

On some of the poster scrolls, the word TEXT appears on the screen just before the game switches to the book art.

Just a question really: Why does Garrett say 'oops' when he uses the holy cloak for the first time?
    Garrett is surprised possibly when disappears using the cloak .

But that text problem did not appear for me, or only I don't noticed it ? I'll check it, thanks.

Brilliant FM, lots of fun, I got sucked in, and its been awhile. Nice job, going to play it again for sure. Thank you for the gifts you give us with your work Sensut, fantastic. Words are not enough.

Finished! That was brilliant! I've loved all of your missions, Sensut, and this one was no exception. Someday I'll need to go back and see if I can't find more secrets.

Thanks Sensut, and congrats for another great one!

Thanks Sensut for the hints, and many thanks Gloria for giving me the main hint, that was exactly what i was missing , after that the rest became easy going, i just finished the mission yesterday.

I loved this mission, Sensut you are one of my 10 top favourite authors

Beautiful design in both maps, the castle is nicely done, excellent gameplay, a well elaborated story and captivating, the musics are good in some situations, while in other situations it doesn´t fit that well, like for exampe a music in the oldest tree, that made me wonder if i was suppose to celebrate something instead of being carefull with the area around, also in the castle map i don´t understand why there´s a battle music in a situation where i should use stealth while the mechanists are patrolling the castle, the battle music fits well when the undead rise after the clock activation, its a music that compels the player to fight

Nice choice of textures and atmospheres, and i loved the backward voice of the apes

Looking foward for another masterpiece of you Szabo
    Last edited by Cardia; 13th Feb 2012 at 05:41.

Thanks. Probably you feel so because I used no game musics, but real songs. But there is no battle music before starting the clock but a slow tension melody. Otherwise who feels it how? This is the miracle of music .

d. 2014
    finished,an exellent mission ,thankyou sensut,

green & yellow stones & canon

I happened to shoot the canon to open the temple doors... Would that have scared the priest away in the temple always praying, cuz I sure can't find him in there. I happened to get his key, but the game froze and it had been awhile since I saved, so after going way, way, waaaay back I don't know where I got the admin' key

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    I happened to shoot the canon to open the temple doors... Would that have scared the priest away in the temple always praying, cuz I sure can't find him in there. I happened to get his key, but the game froze and it had been awhile since I saved, so after going way, way, waaaay back I don't know where I got the admin' key
    The key is high up in the church, where the bell is hanging.

Are you sure it's the Templedoor you opened with a canonshot? Isn't it the Assembyhall?

You'll find the praying priest, after you awakened the haunt guards. The priest is in the church after that.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    You can't open the Temple doors with cannon, but the Assembly Hall doors. The Admin keys (keyring), are in the Temple tower above the Scribe's office (you need to go through the crypt). Then you need the Master key from the haunt priest's belt in the Temple, after you restarted the clock.

I don't know what to do next. I've completed nearly all the objectives, but I still have to find the compass, the book of the Old ones, and (I assume) to go into the Pagan maw in the crypt. I'm running around in circles and don't know where else to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I don't know what to do next. I've completed nearly all the objectives, but I still have to find the compass, the book of the Old ones, and (I assume) to go into the Pagan maw in the crypt. I'm running around in circles and don't know where else to go.
    So, you still have the 2 main objectives to complete: the book and the compass. Take a look in the Scribe's journals. Restart the clock and steal the master key, then go to the Pastorium / Library.
    The first mission is tricky a bit, many people thought that after the mechanists are KOed and found the information the mission is over. And when the haunts appeared beside the new objectives after the clock start, WOA.

Thanks Sensut , I just found Aleister's safe. But where's the key? I tried the priest's master key but it doesn't work

Thanks Sensut , I just found Aleister's safe. But where's the key? I tried the priest's master key but it doesn't work
    His Hammer, which opens that safe, is in the library (check the bookcase above).

Thanks a lot. Now I have the compass, what do I have to do? And how do I get the book?

Thanks a lot. Now I have the compass, what do I have to do? And how do I get the book?
    Nothing yet with the compass, go to the White Crypt, open the altar and take the book. Next then you can search for things, or put the compass to the idol in the crypt to finish the mission.

Thanks, I completed it

must be me.. I've done every objective, all the optionals but CANNOT find a white chapel/crypt with an altar to open for the book. Any help on this?

If you remember where you came up on the elevator come out through the first archway/opening and turn right. Go through the gate and there you should find the crypt.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    If you remember where you came up on the elevator come out through the first archway/opening and turn right. Go through the gate and there you should find the crypt.
    Hot dang, i'd missed that completely, thanks. I could have used that book, oh, 2 gameplay hours ago... smh

Replaying again, but I've got a few questions about possible secrets. .

In a few places in the mission it says you can use the special arrows to awaken the Raven Knights, but how? Can you actually make them rise up? Will they fight the undead??
    Also, who is the guy in the glass case in the crypt? It says his name is Lumori and that he overcame the evil of Alharzed. Is there anything you can do with him regarding that, like wake him up or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Replaying again, but I've got a few questions about possible secrets. .

In a few places in the mission it says you can use the special arrows to awaken the Raven Knights, but how? Can you actually make them rise up? Will they fight the undead??
    Also, who is the guy in the glass case in the crypt? It says his name is Lumori and that he overcame the evil of Alharzed. Is there anything you can do with him regarding that, like wake him up or something?
    Yes, the zombies can be revived with Ravens' arrows, and they are friendly, they will attack the other AIs around, but they are disappearing after a short time. Just unplug the coffin from the garve and shot it with a Ravens' arrow.
    In Lumori's tomb that corpse is Lumori himself and that's all. He was a hero and is entombed in a glass coffin, just like in the fairy tales

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast