TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Bethesda to employees "spend one week to make whatever you want!"

Bethesda to employees "spend one week to make whatever you want!"

Here's a video of Bethesda's gamejam, and it's flippin great! I hope to see some of these mods in the steam workshop soon:

(I don't have the necessary experience points to embed a video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AYOFLqItuW4

Don't care much about most of those, but the water arrows/guards relighting torches would be pretty sweet.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by YT Comment
    Oh boy, so you could have added this shit in the game, but instead chose not to? If this becomes paid DLC I will actually fly over there and rape everything Todd Howard loves and holds dear.
    iawtc

Seconded. I would have loved to see most of those incorporated into the game before it was released. Especially lmao at the fat giant and humongous mudcrab. And oh man, what I wouldn't give to have the 'kill cam' for ranged combat in the game right now. Can you just imagine how awesome a thrown spear-kill would be?! Forgive my drooling.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfry View Post
    (I don't have the necessary experience points to embed a video)
    I'm a moderator and don't have the perk either. It's been ages since I last leveled up.

I don't think any of that would have been production quality necessarily, but perhaps what they should do internally is have those weeks every couple of months and then vote on which features to put into a release. I think games are edging towards some sort of iterative release, and I'd gladly pay a small fee for well implemented additional features.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    I'm a moderator and don't have the perk either.
    Everyone can - but it's probably a good thing if the amount of embedded videos is kept to a minimum.

Caves that are... dark!

Administrator
    Indeed - usually the previews aren't much use anyway, plus it's not really any more convenient than a link.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!! Or they would, if they released this

Knows his stuff
    RE: "This stuff should've been in the game"

Not everyone in a development team gets a say in what gets included in a game. Often it's just one guy who masterminds the whole thing. This "gamejam" lets everyone in the team make whatever they felt should've been included, I guess.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by CBS."

edit: aaaand I guess noone cares because this thread is a month old. Dammit, why couldnt you guys wait with discussing this game till I HAD A COPY OF THE GAME TOO!?!?
    Last edited by henke; 9th Mar 2012 at 07:15.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    RE: "This stuff should've been in the game"

Not everyone in a development team gets a say in what gets included in a game. Often it's just one guy who masterminds the whole thing.
    And one guy who decides "Nope, we're shipping 11.11.11, that's too cool of a date to miss, so just cut whatever's not finished, we'll ship it as DLC later"