TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: EP + T2X

EP + T2X

Hi, doest it work with your campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixthoor View Post
    Hi, doest it work with your campaign?
    Thief 2X uses all custom textures. The enhancement pack won't work with it since it only replaces original mission textures.

T2X does indeed use a lot of custom textures, but it also uses some of the original ones.

If you've got the Enhancement Pack installed, the enhanced original textures should show up in T2X automatically. Of course T2X's custom textures will remain the same.

Unfortunately I don't see the EP in T2X. I tried to modify Darkinst.cfg in T2X folder, but it still doesn't work.

These are examles of my entries in that config file. I've tried even the false configuration

Code:
    resname_base D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\\t2x+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\res+.\CRFs\EP

resname_base D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\\t2x+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\res+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\\t2x\CRFs\EP

resname_base D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\\t2x+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\res+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\CRFs\EP

resname_base D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\\t2x+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\CRFs\EP+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\res[

resname_base .\CRFs\EP+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\\t2x+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\res

resname_base D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\\t2x+.\CRFs\EP+D:\Program Files\Games\Thief\TMA\res
    CRFs is my folder, where I store the other CRF files (NTEX, Sound)

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    The enhancement pack won't work with it since it only replaces original mission textures.
    definitely upgrades at least some stuff (the street lamp for example). my t2x darkinst.cfg:
    Code:
    cd_path ..\
    install_path ..\
    language english
    resname_base ..\EP+..\res
    load_path ..\t2x+..\
    script_module_path ..\t2x+..\
    movie_path ..\t2x\movies
    EP is directly in the thief2 folder (not t2x).

Test computer. My t2x darkinst.cfg looks so right now:
    Code:
    install_path C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA\
    language english
    resname_base C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA\\t2x+C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA\res+D:\install\t2\
    load_path C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA\\t2x+C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA\+D:\install\t2\
    script_module_path C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA\\t2x+C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA\+D:\install\t2\
    movie_path C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA\\t2x\movies+C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA\movies+D:\install\t2\movies

EP.crf is directly in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief\TMA

1) How should I update the t2x darkinst.cfg?
    2) Your code... Is this the whole text?

OK, it works! My Darkinstall.cfg file:
    Code:
    cd_path ..\
    install_path ..\
    language english
    resname_base ..\CRFs\EP+..\res
    load_path ..\t2x+..\
    script_module_path ..\t2x+..\
    movie_path ..\t2x\movies

At first it seemed highly illogical to me that that configuration would work. Since it misses a reference to t2x resources. But after some testing I found that Thief2.exe looks for resources in the current ('Start In') folder first, only using the resname_base paths as a fall back. Never too old to learn..

---

On a side note: Within t2x, every '../t2x' reference is superfluous.. It'll just evaluate to the current folder, by first doing a step back ("..") only to return to the current folder "t2x". Every '../t2x' can be omitted.

On another side note: The load_path indicates where the save files are stored. Of this value only the first path is used, the others are ignored. Specifying multiple paths is useless. (if the (first) path doesn't contain a folder called 'saves', it automatically reverts to the current folder -or an empty, relative path; boils down to the same- and creates a 'saves' folder there if necessary..). So in the case of thief2x the load_path can be left blank. In fact the whole line can be omitted..

So no real changes, but slightly cleaner:
    Code:
    cd_path ..\
    install_path ..\
    language english
    resname_base ..\CRFs\EP+..\res
    script_module_path +..\
    movie_path movies

Quote Originally Posted by addink View Post
    On another side note: The load_path indicates where the save files are stored
    load_path specifies where *.mis and *.gam files are stored. I checked it via Filemon when I worked on TafferPatcher.

Really? Never would have figured that.. but it does make more sense for development purposes to have a configurable path to those files than just to the save files.