TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasteland sequel likely

Sulphur's love is tearing dethtoll apart.

If they hit $2 million maybe Fargo can hire some people I give a shit about to work on WL2.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Two days later, goal met with 50k to spare.

Meanwhile, twenty children starved to death in Africa but the important question is, HOW HIGH WILL IT GO?
    That's right guys, no one is allowed to be happy until there's no more starving kids in the world, so get on it!

Starving african children you say?...

Koki 2012

Taking a break
    This is my thread

No fun allowed

http://www.gamezone.com/news/inxile-...2-fan-feedback

This sort of thing is basically why I haven't put any money into the project yet. I want a game that's designed by professional designers and talented programmers/artists, not something designed by a fan committee. You might as well just bend over for a corporate publisher, it has the same amount of dignity and you'll get more money out of the deal.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    The game might actually be better, too.

Now that it is over 1.5M there will be a Mac and Linux version. They are also going to "kick forward" 5% of the end profits to other kickstarter projects.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    This sort of thing is basically why I haven't put any money into the project yet. I want a game that's designed by professional designers and talented programmers/artists, not something designed by a fan committee.
    So... "Give us money to fund this project of a game but we're making it and you can all fuck off afterwards"?

You might as well just bend over for a corporate publisher, it has the same amount of dignity
    Really?

So... "Give us money to fund this project of a game but we're making it and you can all fuck off afterwards"?
    Yeah, pretty much. All I want to hear is what their general plans are (i.e. making a faithful sequel to Wasteland) and who is working on it talent-wise. If I wanted something fan-designed I'd grab a couple of NMA/DAC/Codex douchebags and make the worst cRPG ever. The best creative works are a result of the vision of the people creating them, and the worst are the result of people consciously targeting an audience.

Chakat sex pillow
    And I'd play it. Head over to Kickstarter and make our dreams come true, JM!

I was kidding. Obviously I'd gather my douchebag committee from TTLG.

o/

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    I was kidding. Obviously I'd gather my douchebag committee from TTLG.
    We'd never agree on ANYTHING.

Hmm, I don't know about this. If they're just going to take polls about what features people would like to see in the game, to give them a better idea of where they should focus their time and money, I don't think it'll be too bad. If they're going to use community feedback on gameplay mechanics, though, then they're going to run into all sorts of design-by-committee problems.

There's a big difference between ideas and implementations.
    Everyone can spurt out ideas, and any idea can be implemented into the best game feature ever, if the implementer can actually pull it through.

And all that catbarf said.

We'd never agree on ANYTHING.
    Yeah we would!

Meh.

Sorry, what I meant to say was: HOLY SHIT.

You'd essentially have the people who made the sequel to Fallout making the sequel to Wasteland. The possibility of that happening was enough to get me to finally throw money into Fargo's munchie fund.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine

Administrator
    That did it - tipped me over from a "possible" to clicking the "pledge" button so quickly my bandwidth is going to be capped for the next month.

Easily the best reaction to that news is a thread title on GOG.com saying "Wasteland 2 to be buggy and have half it's story missing".

Though it's been said that:

"To clarify some stuff: Obsidian will not do any programming. InXile is doing all the programming for this title. InXile is getting them in for design work and licensing tools"

...so there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    That did it - tipped me over from a "possible" to clicking the "pledge" button so quickly my bandwidth is going to be capped for the next month.
    Ditto. They gone and got themselves a pledge from me.

People who are worried that Obsidian would have a negative impact on the project (which is silly in itself, they're by the far the best RPG studio left) have obviously never played any inXile games.