TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 campaign - The Black Frog (13-03-2012)

I finished the campaign. I was waiting a long time to play this FM and now I'm satisfied

Bravo Gaėtane pour ce travail.

Rest in peace Emilie Victor. I enjoyed her presence even if she was not on our side in this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Just thought I would point out that 19 hours of gameplay is more than you get from plenty of $50 games these days. Ain't this community grand? Thanks again Gaetane!
    I completely agree. And I might add that I've played many $50 games that weren't as enjoyable or as well-made as this campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I completely agree. And I might add that I've played many $50 games that weren't as enjoyable or as well-made as this campaign!
    Very well said.... Me too... There were also releases out there for long awaited titles which stunk.

Hi there! I'm in the fourth mission and i stucked in the abandoned fishery. I don't know how to open the grid where the lever is:S I need a help.>.<

@kisgempa1:
    You might as well check this thread:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138594

As there is a thread for each separate missions/episodes.

Oh, thanks XD

Just sensational, gaetane!

One of the very best stories (both in concept & execution) yet, with superb atmosphere, music, architecture, layouts & detail. The scale & proportion of everything was spot-on, whilst those various beastie noises....genuinely creepy & disturbing.
    Soooo much to like, but just wanted to highlight three things -

The design of the town & Emily's mansion. Neither were oversized, & all the various parts were individual & identifiable enough that when you 'returned' to them you could concentrate on the mission rather than have to frequently stop & figure out where you were.

The undead in the Black Frog World - blackened, blasted skeletons which could barely move (physical agony, mental agony or probably both) & making those creepy, pitiful sounds: sort of the essence of despair & such a strong element of how wrong this world was.

The ending - no doubt that Garrett had to destroy the Black Frog (had to complete the mission at least ) but this also meant killing Emily. Did she deserve to die? Not that this was a hard choice, but it added something of a moral aspect to Garrett's final action. Fitting end to a great story.

I didn't much like some aspects of gameplay - basically in mission 4 - but this is a small thing in such a huge, complex FM series.

With all that vision & dedication, you've created one of the most memorable, engaging & brilliant of Thief series - huge congratulations & even bigger thanx, gaetane
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 30th Mar 2012 at 01:45.

Very good, but a bit too easy for my taste
    242, are you joking? Yes... i believe you are joking...

Thank you very much to all... once again! Your messages go right in my heart. They are the reward of years of work and it makes me happy, you can't imagine!

Sticky Fingers: Thank you very much for your comments.
    About the campaign ending, I confess that I was afraid it is not well understood. But by your post I see that it is not
    It is difficult to tell a story a bit complex in a fm. A fm is not a novel and sometimes it is a real pain to develop a story like you wanted (at least for me)
    I'm happy to see i wasn't not so bad about this

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Just sensational, gaetane!

One of the very best stories (both in concept & execution) yet, with superb atmosphere, music, architecture, layouts & detail. The scale & proportion of everything was spot-on, whilst those various beastie noises....genuinely creepy & disturbing.
    for this great campaign.

I posted this in the mission 5 thread and it didn't get answered, so I figure maybe it will here. . it fits with this thread much better anyway.

I've played the campaign through again, and there's something I've been wondering about. The Black Frog is locked up and protected in the tower, yes? So what was it that Garrett touchedin the mirror room inside Emilie's apartment that sent him to the world of the Black Frog? Was it really just a decoy like Emilie said in her note? If so, how was he transported to that world? I thought only the real Black Frog could do that.

Emilie was intimately tied to the Black Frog, so I figure she could 'use' it to do whatever it could.
    And, IIRC, she transported Garrett to 'somewhere else' in the FM Emilie Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    there's something I've been wondering about. The Black Frog is locked up and protected in the tower, yes? So what was it that Garrett touchedin the mirror room inside Emilie's apartment that sent him to the world of the Black Frog? Was it really just a decoy like Emilie said in her note? If so, how was he transported to that world? I thought only the real Black Frog could do that.
    As far as I know, you mixed up the two. The real black frog is in Emilie Victor's apartment and the false one is locked in the tower. I think there's a readable in Emilie Victor's apartment which explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers
    And, IIRC, she transported Garrett to 'somewhere else' in the FM Emilie Victor.
    Correct. In the FM "Emilie Victor", Garrett was transported to some kind of parallel world as well, with some similarities to the "Black Frog World".

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I've played the campaign through again, and there's something I've been wondering about. The Black Frog is locked up and protected in the tower, yes? So what was it that Garrett touchedin the mirror room inside Emilie's apartment that sent him to the world of the Black Frog? Was it really just a decoy like Emilie said in her note? If so, how was he transported to that world? I thought only the real Black Frog could do that.
    Yes. it was really just a decoy. A trap. In a sense, Emilie IS the Black Frog. The glyph has become a part of her and she can use its power. The mirror was linked to the real glyph so that anyone touching it would in turn be linked to the real glyph which would then trap them in the Black Frog world, all the while the real glyph was safely locked away in the tower. But Garrett wasn't physically transported there, just mentally. Physically he was still lying in the mirror room in Emilie's apartment, just unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    As far as I know, you mixed up the two. The real black frog is in Emilie Victor's apartment and the false one is locked in the tower..
    Actually, no. The real glyph is in the Tower and the one in Emilie's apartment is just a mirror.

Laddy Taffer, i'm sorry i didn't see your post.
    Tannar has explained perfectly (thank Mike )
    What i can say more? Not much.
    Emilie shares some powers with the BF because of the symbiose between them. So it was be easy for her to throw Garrett in the BF world (by the fake glyphe trap).
    Emilie is a kind of reflect of the BF and she can use the magic of the glyph.

Oh, I see. That makes sense now. Thanks for explaining!

Just finished! One of the best campaigns to date. Thanks to everyone involved, but especially Gaetane!

I enjoyed The Black Frog the most, followed closely by The Portrait. The Lady and the Thief was great also, though I prefer indoor or city missons. Songs and Laughter was a nice and harmless intro to the series. Tears and Sorrow I didn't care for all that much, but still a well-made mission.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Hi Gaėtane!

Just finished the campaign, and wanted to express my thanks for such a well made and fantastic set of missions. I can't really think of much more praise than has already been expressed in this thread, but I've been blown away by the quality of these FMs. It's definitely in my all time favourites list!

A stunning achievement. Congratulations!

Thanks again.

Cetus

Gaetane:
    I wanted to let you know that I've already placyed this mission 5 times since it's release.. Never a dull moment...
    I hope to see some more like this...

Just finished this awesome mission. I am sure I will play this one again and again. Superb!

A really astonishing, oustanding and fascinating mission series, although gameplay in Mission 4 was pretty hard. I liked especially the musical ambience as well as level design and story. All places were good rememberable with their own outfit and feeling. All in all awesome.

Thank you very much all! You make my hapiness

Congrats on the release and thanks for this enjoyable campaign gaetane.

I've reviewed The Black Frog over at my site, 'the abandoned workshops' which you can find here. Also going to post this in the General Review Thread.

Since I didn't want to mention this in the review, I'll post it here;

I absolutely loved the realm of the Black Frog with that twisted version of the castle. It was probably the best part of the last mission and very immersive. Also, I really enjoyed the puzzles and adventure aspects in the Old Temple and those people that turned into zombie-like creatures in the 4th mission.

Nice review Quakis! You have a nice site going there.
    Keep up the good work
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Thank you very much Quakis for your review

Wonderful campaign! Thank you so much Gaėtane!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast