TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 2 - The Portrait

Yes Tannar, now I got it....OOPS..... lol!
    Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gaetane View Post
    Look at the library, upper level, and look for a secret passage
    Thanks found it! how could i missed that...guess i should be playing thief so late, i found a key called potraitīs control room little key, although i canīt find its door, where is this room located?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Thanks found it! how could i missed that...guess i should be playing thief so late, i found a key called potraitīs control room little key, although i canīt find its door, where is this room located?
    Head to the basement (under West Tower) and find the lockbox at the back of the cellars. Keep a water arrow prepared, you'll know where to use it...

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Keep a water arrow prepared, you'll know where to use it...
    I didn't figure that out until later, but an inviso potion worked nicely, too.

(csamba probably knows them all by now, but for the rest of you who are curious: )
    The 4th secret I had but he didn't was loot high up on the beams above the staircase leading to the basement.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 18th Mar 2012 at 20:40.

Head to the basement (under West Tower) and find the lockbox at the back of the cellars. Keep a water arrow prepared, you'll know where to use it...
    Thanks Csamba, i guess i canīt play thief at late hoursit decreases my capacities, how could i missed that lock in the basement, the only way i figure the buttons combination to raise the potrait grate was through Dromed, because i didnīt find any clue in the mission for the buttons combination, i wonder if its the frog siluete above the potrait, if so then i see no clues or anything that assembles with the way how the buttons are displayed.

Now i only got one goal left: "find out more about the potrait" , i see a metal barred door wich i canīt open, i see wooden walls beyound the door, i wonder if its there that i will find info about the potrait, any help please?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Now i only got one goal left: "find out more about the potrait" , i see a metal barred door wich i canīt open, i see wooden walls beyound the door, i wonder if its there that i will find info about the potrait, any help please?
    Thanks in advance
    Cardia1,

This was the most difficult objective for me as well
    Have you been in the chapel? Rope up above the altar and turn around, go through both sliders and arrive to the tower. Climb the ladder and look carefully behind a statue. This will also answer your question about the portrait code
    I'm glad to help, not the least because I have always enjoyed your FMs as well!

Done everything besides taking the portrait. Can't get the gate open. I have the code that says 'Z' and I've tried it in every conceivable way. In fact I first assumed what apparently is correct, that it is indeed a Z despite missing buttons and you're supposed write the letter with the buttons that are there. Well even after realizing that was correct I couldn't get it.

Like several others here I have 2245/2370 gold and 4/6 secrets. The ones I have are:
    1. Ring by skeleton behind baths
    2. Coins in garden fountain
    3. Tiara on beam of west tower
    4. Chest with invisio potion on chapel rafter

Any help?
    Last edited by klatremus; 19th Mar 2012 at 01:51.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Done everything besides taking the portrait. Can't get the gate open. I have the code that says 'Z' and I've tried it in every conceivable way. In fact I first assumed what apparently is correct, that it is indeed a Z despite missing buttons and you're supposed write the letter with the buttons that are there. Well even after realizing that was correct I couldn't get it.
    This sequence worked for me to get the bars by the portait to open.

I have not found a way to open the gate into the room itself, but that is not needed.

klatremus
    I send you a mp about the secrets locations.
    Last edited by gaetane; 19th Mar 2012 at 04:13.

Hi, I only found 2 of 6 Secrets can someone give me hints where I have to look.
    Please don't ask me which two I found.

thanks

List of secrets:

1-Chapel - chest on the beam
    2-Garden of muses - in a small pond
    3-Secret passage in the baths room (squeleton in the small room)
    4-At the top of west tower, on the last beam
    5-Lady G appartments - near the desk
    6-Wine cellar - tiny switch near barrels
    Last edited by gaetane; 19th Mar 2012 at 13:06.

Cardia1,

This was the most difficult objective for me as well
    Have you been in the chapel? Rope up above the altar and turn around, go through both sliders and arrive to the tower. Climb the ladder and look carefully behind a statue. This will also answer your question about the portrait code
    I'm glad to help, not the least because I have always enjoyed your FMs as well!
    Thanks Csamba, damm i never felt so blind, thatīs it, iīm gonaa quick playing so late, from now on iīm going to play earlier while iīm not tired or sleepy, it really makes the difference when all senses are high alert.

Iīm glad you enjoy my missions ...there is one new t2 mission coming soon

Gaetane,

I'm still struggling with the last one. Does your "ceiling" mean the attic (le grenier) above the long ladder behind a curtain-covered door? There are 3 barrels there, but despite hours of desperate search no tiny switch anywhere near... In Garivaldi's attic there is only 1 barrel, likewise without any switch... or is it somewhere else?

Of course, I may need new glasses

csamba, the last secret is in the wine cellar.
    Oh I'm sorry! I'm so bad in english that i confused ceiling and cellar

I corrected the list of secrets above.

What an amazing mission! Every aspect of it is just great.
    I'm just wondering if anyone managed to ghost it. I had to score one KO - guard in the Muse garden. Otherwise I ghosted all the other missions, well, except the werewolfs and undead - they deserve to die

It appears I am the only one stuck on the objective "learn more about this mysterious case." I've looked everywhere and done everything else. Any point in the right direction would be great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mylyc View Post
    What an amazing mission! Every aspect of it is just great.
    I'm just wondering if anyone managed to ghost it. I had to score one KO - guard in the Muse garden.
    I am attempting to Supreme Ghost as much as I can of this mission. I know that is a fail with the need of turning off the security system but I was hoping for no first alerts at least. I think Perfect Thief might be possible, but that garden area might be tough. If there is a way to access it from the wall behind, then perhaps nudge the guard forward to leave. He might hear the splash going for the coins in the fountain. I haven't started my Ghost run yet but will soon. I'll post my report over at Eidos and give a link to it here once done.
    Last edited by klatremus; 20th Mar 2012 at 01:25.

It is definitely possible to ghost the mission, including the guard in the garden. Peter and I both did it numerous times during beta testing. Supreme isn't possible but Perfect Thief should be.

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by She-Thief View Post
    It appears I am the only one stuck on the objective "learn more about this mysterious case." I've looked everywhere and done everything else. Any point in the right direction would be great!!
    I was stuck on it for a while too.
    If you can access Garivaldi's workshop, go there and search each and every one of the 'readables'. Up and down. One of them actually highlights and reading it will complete this objective for you. I missed it, too.. the first time I went searching.

need a broad hint here: in a readable (Will's letter to Mitchell) there is a reference to Mitchell's "secret hiding spot", somewhere on the 1st floor. Where might this be? I'm assuming that this is where you find out the best way to steal Karras' Breath. thanks in advance, great mission

never mind, i see this question has already been answered earlier in the thread...
    Last edited by laffytaffy; 20th Mar 2012 at 05:41.

Thanks Gaetane, found all secrets!

@zil: Thank you!! I found it! Now on to part 3

This is a great mission! I found tons of secrets that weren't recognized as such. I counted 9, in addition to the official 6. These are:
    Button behind statue in Sir Garivaldi's office reveals attic with pressure floor switch.
    Hidden lock behind statue and foliage in muses garden unlocks secret exit.
    Frobbable tile in collections room with Karras' Breath reveals passage to portrait room.
    Frobbable book in upper floor library reveals hidden doorway to Sir Garivaldi's.
    Switch behind statue in inner bath/winter garden reveals 1st-2nd floor passageway.
    Crawlspace passage above rafters in south end of chapel leads to east tower.
    Passage above rafters in west tower leads to upper floor hallway south of salon.
    Frobbable crayman head reveals hidden room with letter and bag.
    Lock behind drapes in hall west of smoking room reveals collections room camera switch.

By the way, how do you raise the main gates for the portrait room? I did it, but can't seem to remember how...
    I also wish it had been possible to turn the security systems back on after deactivating them.

I am officially starting my Supreme Ghost run of this mission.
    Are first alerts needed...?

Nobody else seems to have had this problem...

To get the Breath of Karras, I assume you swap Mitchell's little bag for the cultivator (?) in front of Karras' portrait (Indianna Jones-style). But the little bag don't do anything: just stays in the "prone" position in inventory.

Have done everything else. What am I missing here?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast