TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 2 - The Portrait

Drop it on the piedestal with the "R" key (by default).

Aarghhh! I must have dropped it on there 10 times - & missed every time

Thanx, gaetane, for a wonderful 2nd mission - the story is unfolding beautifully (love those blood-stains!) & you've made a new addition to my absolute favourite Thief mansions.

Must go: just started part 3...

Where is the meat cleaver again? I'm going back and playing this mission in an attempt to ghost and totally forgot where I found it. I thought it was somewhere in the room with the blood on the floor on the second floor.

No, it's on the first floor. There is a room next to the kitchen with a guard standing in front of a fireplace. There is a locked door in that room which leads to some guard or servant's room. The cleaver is in a footlocker in that room.

Ok. Thanks. Weird how you can get mixed up doing these missions. Great campaign by the way. And it looks like more campaigns are being done as well. Nothing like a Thief resurgence to make you feel happy.

Yep!

Ghost Report Done

Just Perfect Thieved this mission without a single first alert, without deactivating any security systems, and without using any water or moss arrows. Perfect Supreme success you ask? Well maybe, I'll let you be the judge. The Breath of Karras posed some problems that might have lead to a bust. Read my report HERE (my site) or HERE (Eidos forum).

Loot + equipment list here.

On to Tears and Sorrow!
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I read your report, klatremus. Nice job! I did something similar during testing. I don't know about the supreme bust. My gut reaction is to say that it is one but I'll think about it. I agree with you though that your choice was the only one that might not be a bust. Either way, though, really nice work.

Thanks, Tannar
    A bust was my gut feeling too. Regardless, I had a blast ghosting this one and I think I chose the least 'bustful' way by triggering the alarm for Supreme. I hope the remaining missions are as good.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I've just read your report. Kudos Klatremus - very entertaining and very impressive!

Your report is impressive klatremus!
    I'm curious to see how you'll manage the next missions
    I'm sure that in the mission 3 you'll find a gap which you'll allow to break the mission. It is an issue which was reported above.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    I hope the remaining missions are as good.
    He he he...

I can't find how to open what I assume to be a secret door behind the bathhouse. There's a black and white panel that clangs like an object, but I can't find a switch to open it. There's a portrait next to the Lady which shifts aside revealing a hole, but I can't frob anything in that hole. Pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    I can't find how to open what I assume to be a secret door behind the bathhouse. There's a black and white panel that clangs like an object, but I can't find a switch to open it. There's a portrait next to the Lady which shifts aside revealing a hole, but I can't frob anything in that hole. Pointers?
    Check the statues either side of the panel carefully

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Check the statues either side of the panel carefully
    Ace.

How do I disable the mechanist security bots? I see that in the basemant there is a brass pipe with sparks flying out of it. I assume I have to destroy this somehow? My sword doesn't work nor the meat cleaver I have found. Some advice please? Or am I looking in the completely wrong direction?

Grabbed the portrait so the mech bots weren't a problem. Just need to meet my loot objective. Playing on hardest level. This mansion is awesome! It's taking me a long time to complete this level because I like just like standing stil and taking in the amazing atmosphere that this level produces

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Taffsalot View Post
    How do I disable the mechanist security bots?
    Two water arrows on each, and they go completely haywire and are not a threat anymore.

Where is the key that unlocks the workshop and how do you open the bars that cover up the button puzzle?

Look for the baths room, you'll find Gilles' corpse and the workshop's key near him.

Quote Originally Posted by gaetane View Post
    Look for the baths room, you'll find Gilles' corpse and the workshop's key near him.
    Are you referring to the body in the garden that is somewhat near the baths room because as far as I can tell the baths room is devoid of anything.

If you've been in the servants' area and seen the cutscene where the servant runs off, you should find him in the pool inside the house.

Alright i got into the workshop but I still can't figure out how to open the grating that covers up the button puzzle.

Have you tried lockpicks?

Where do I find the key to the tower? I've completed all my other objectives, disabled the camera for the portrait, and scoured the mansion, but I still need to steal the portrait and find more about it.

EDIT: Never mind, found it
    Last edited by Azaran; 9th Apr 2012 at 00:19.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast