TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 5 - The Black Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
    Found a switch in emilies apartments, what does it do ???.
    I think it moves her portrait a bit sideways.

Lord Soth: The switch open a secret place where you'll find a key for to progress. Look at the painting in front of the desk. And go to the ground floor for open the locked gate.

I did find it just after i posted :0. Now in the frog wolrd place found one part of the doll just looking for the head part i think. Hope i have to kill that big thing, really want to , Think im gonna kill it just for fun any way.

Quote Originally Posted by gaetane View Post
    Look for near the bed, in an alcove.
    . .every inch but that one, apparently. Thanks!

Where is the maintenance key? I think I remember something about the first priest having to go to town to get a new one and I assumed he'd be carrying it but I found his body and there's nothing on it. Where is it?? Blast these keyhunts!

HAHA! OH WAIT, nevermind. I'm stuck in these goddamn maintenance tunnels because the gate closed behind me and now I can't get back, nor can I progress in the game! Looks like I'm screwed. Welp, it was a fairly fun game up till then, too bad I can't finish it.

EDIT PART 2: Ugh. . I figured it out. Why oh why do I never think to use my lockpicks during this campaign?
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 20th Mar 2012 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Where is the maintenance key? I think I remember something about the first priest having to go to town to get a new one and I assumed he'd be carrying it but I found his body and there's nothing on it. Where is it?? Blast these keyhunts!
    You can use lockpicks on the maintenance lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post

HAHA! OH WAIT, nevermind. I'm stuck in these goddamn maintenance tunnels because the gate closed behind me and now I can't get back, nor can I progress in the game! Looks like I'm screwed. Welp, it was a fairly fun game up till then, too bad I can't finish it.
    Actually, you can go forward.

I need some help

I have disposed of the doll in the courtyard lava pit...what do I do now, its not clear?...I know there is a white circle/square plate in a room upstairs but nothing I have in my inventory will open or move it..

do I have to get rid of the huge bugbeast doll in the snowy courtyard first?...or is that unnecessary?

Yes, that is exactly what you have to do. You must defeat that doll and then you'll need to revisit the "white circle/square plate" that you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what you have to do. You must defeat that doll and then you'll need to revisit the "white circle/square plate" that you mentioned.
    damn!,I thought it was too easy to just ghost out of there,without it seeing me,but now I have to go back ?

Done! Excellent Domeding, but that was exhausting. Garrett's been duped so many times, it's getting a bit ridiculous. I do appreciate being able to kill guards in self-defence without instantly failing a mission. Gameplay is much smoother, with less reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
    I did find it just after i posted :0. Now in the frog wolrd place found one part of the doll just looking for the head part i think. Hope i have to kill that big thing, really want to , Think im gonna kill it just for fun any way.
    I'm also looking for the doll head in the BF world. Been running around forever... I'm usually good at figuring out this stuff but I'd appreciate a specific hint about its location...

Edit`

Nevermind! Of course I just found it by revisiting a place I'd been to numerous time where I thought the way was blocked...
    Last edited by redrider; 23rd Mar 2012 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    Damn!..... This mission rocks!..... No wonder this mission took forever, as it wsas well worth the wait. I liked Emilie Victor at the end.... Garrett gave her a dose of her own medicine. After completing the last objective, the mission crashed to the desktop.
    The same thing happened to me. I had to rename the file cs24.avi (I knew I should have done that up front when the intro movie caused crashes, don't know why I didn't).

The funny thing is, the movie does play for me in Windows Media Player.

silly question....is there a blackjack????

Yes. It's in the armory. From the room where you get your lockpicks, head left then right.

I am outside the armory but haven't found the lock picks yet......

found them......
    Last edited by maga; 24th Mar 2012 at 14:28.

The same thing happened to me. I had to rename the file cs24.avi (I knew I should have done that up front when the intro movie caused crashes, don't know why I didn't).
    There is an update of the fms which fix the videos issue. The download links have been updated on the campaign presentation thread

are both parts of the doll in the basement with the flying faces? I just found the body there......

No. You want to look for Basil's room.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    No. You want to look for Basil's room.
    Am there now, but it seems I need 2 speed potions tomake the big jump and I got only one.....any tip?

I only used one for the trip back - going out I seemed to make it OK.
    Last edited by nickie; 25th Mar 2012 at 16:13.

You don't need a speed potion at all. Just run, jump and keep holding the jump button down. You will hit the edge on the other side and mantle up.

Some of us can't run as fast as others you know. After doing the return trip once without a speed potion, I was never able to do it again.

Well, you are kinda short.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You don't need a speed potion at all. Just run, jump and keep holding the jump button down. You will hit the edge on the other side and mantle up.
    Tannar is right. If you don't have a speed potion, that's the only way to make the jump over.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Need a hint to get into the maintenance area, the door that has the plaque that says underground machinery - do not enter. Lockpicks do not work on this.......

Nevermind, found it.....
    Last edited by rustmite; 25th Mar 2012 at 18:04.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast