TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 5 - The Black Frog

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    Need a hint to get into the maintenance area, the door that has the plaque that says underground machinery - do not enter. Lockpicks do not work on this.......
    Nevermind, found it Check the temple

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Hit it with your sword.
    But now what do I do with it? I can't figure out what the third keeper note is referring to. Thanks.

OK, I've found the doll part 2. Where is part 1? Thanks!

What are you calling part 1 and part 2? Do you still need the head or the body?

Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    Im playing the scary part of this mission and Im actually slightly scared of whats waiting around the corner...
    why, it doesn't seem so bad... *enters Black Frog* OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD!

I did manage to make it through, but ate up all my food and most of the fruit & health potions. AMAZING area! I was so turned around, until I realized it was the wreckage of the mansion, but even then it was like a whole new place.

had a couple awkward moments in the tunnels: with the creature & the lava pit - I was running around the lava pit, and the creature kept walking over it, like nothing was there; later, I leaned into the lower containment area and the door closed with me on the outside - I KOed Emilie before I realized what was supposed to happen, and had to reload.

AWESOME series, Gaëtane!

MrMunkeepants, By what means have you knocked Emilie???

HauntHunter, for to find the head doll:
    Go to the top floor, find Bazil room and look at up.

Quote Originally Posted by gaetane View Post
    MrMunkeepants, By what means have you knocked Emilie???
    just a bop on the head!
    I've done it twice now to make sure it wasn't a singular occurance: I leaned into the lower containment chamber, which triggered the gate, but I was still outside. I saw someone coming, so I hid, and KOed her. The conversation continued, and the ceiling lowered down to the bottom. I couldn't progress, so I reloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post

I did manage to make it through, but ate up all my food and most of the fruit & health potions. AMAZING area! I was so turned around, until I realized it was the wreckage of the mansion, but even then it was like a whole new place.
    lol...yes I too didnt associate that ruined place with being the same mansion,until I was near completing it,haha,isnt it funny when that happens,it just didnt click with me either..

Great set of missions tho, I thoroughly enjoyed them...well done again Gaetane!

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    lol...yes I too didnt associate that ruined place with being the same mansion,until I was near completing it,haha,isnt it funny when that happens,it just didnt click with me either..
    Right when I got there, I kind of thought it was going to be 'the same place, but changed a bit', since that is what happened in Emilie Victor. I figured "Here we go again"...
    It did not take long to confirm that it was indeed the case.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    just a bop on the head!
    I've done it twice now to make sure it wasn't a singular occurance: I leaned into the lower containment chamber, which triggered the gate, but I was still outside. I saw someone coming, so I hid, and KOed her. The conversation continued, and the ceiling lowered down to the bottom. I couldn't progress, so I reloaded.
    This just goes to show you that no extent of testing will find every possible trick you wily players will find! We thought we had the final sequence pretty iron-clad.

how do I deal with the big monster in the basement???? Stuck there........

Just run past him to the room at the end and climb the ladder there.

i need some help, i´m finding myself chased all the time by this giant piece of crap, i can´t kill this thing, and its making the gameplay annoying having this motherfuc... tailing me all the time, it detects me everywhere, it smells me from distance... how to i kill this irritating creature? i have droped a doll into the lava hole, what now?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    i need some help, i´m finding myself chased all the time by this giant piece of crap, i can´t kill this thing, and its making the gameplay annoying having this motherfuc... tailing me all the time, it detects me everywhere, it smells me from distance... how to i kill this irritating creature? i have droped a doll into the lava hole, what now?
    Pedro,

After destroying the doll pieces into the lava,(major spoiler).....The doll will come to life and try to kill you while you stand there, which you can hack to pieces. Then you can get the "Black Frog" key from the dead doll you struck down.

@ Cardia1:
    The charuka can be killed in the "real world" part of this mission. He'll eventually fall without a fight or you can run around in circles....

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    @ Cardia1:
    The charuka can be killed in the "real world" part of this mission. He'll eventually fall without a fight or you can run around in circles....
    Thanks Dbriliant, although i see now giant Doll , i have tossed the doll into the lava hole, a sound of pain appeared but no big doll on sight to fight me , where is she?

Ok, I don't know if it's a problem with the game design or what, but I've noticed something that really pissed me off: In the world of the Black Frog when you go to get Emilie's doll head, you have to jump over a pit. Now, going towards the room with the doll head in it, I can jump over the pit just fine, but no matter how hard I try going back I can't jump over it. Every time I try I just keep falling into the pit. I noticed this the first time I played on easy mode, but I had a speed potion so that took care of things. Now I'm playing on expert mode and there's no speed potion to be found anywhere.
    Please, please tell me there's a speed potion somewhere around here so I can continue playing without getting stuck at the edge of that pit forever.

@ Lady Taffer: I don't remember there being a speed potion on Expert. But it shouldn't be that hard to make that jump without one. I've done it about 100 times by now. I know that's probably not much help but I've been trying to think of anything in particular that I do when making that jump but honestly, I think I just back up a few steps from the edge, run, jump and mantle up the other side. You can't jump completely across, you have to hit the far edge while continuing to hold the jump button down so that you will mantle up when you hit.

@ Pedro: What doll did you toss in the lava? It has to be the two separate parts of the doll (head and body) that you find in different places in the mansion. Is that what you did?

Thanks Dbriliant, although i see now giant Doll , i have tossed the doll into the lava hole, a sound of pain appeared but no big doll on sight to fight me , where is she?
    I also had issues with this. I hope you performed a save just before throwing the doll in the lava... The doll has to be thrown perfectly for the full size demon doll to appear. Else it died and that was the second scream you heard. The BF key is in the lava and can't be retrieved. I would suggest going to a previous save point like I did.....

Also, Tannar is correct about two doll parts.
    Last edited by dbrilliant; 29th Mar 2012 at 09:33. Reason: missed info

Cardia, you say Thanks Dbriliant, although i see now giant Doll , i have tossed the doll into the lava hole, a sound of pain appeared but no big doll on sight to fight me , where is she?
    What was your problem exactly? Did you tossed the geant doll in the lava?
    My english is poor and sometimes i have difficulties to understand what you mean all
    Could you explain to me what is happened? But please, write like if you write to a child, then I could understand better

Quote Originally Posted by gaetane View Post
    Cardia, you say Thanks Dbriliant, although i see now giant Doll , i have tossed the doll into the lava hole, a sound of pain appeared but no big doll on sight to fight me , where is she?
    What was your problem exactly? Did you tossed the geant doll in the lava?
    My english is poor and sometimes i have difficulties to understand what you mean all
    Could you explain to me what is happened? But please, write like if you write to a child, then I could understand better
    Alright, Mike told me i need to toss two parts of the doll into the lava hole, i only droped the body doll, where is the head? This a fine mission of 5 stars Gaetane , this last mission is my favourite, i love the daylight atmosphere, the ambientsound is verygood i also recognized quake 3 soundtrack here ...beautifull design

@Lady Taffer:
    I thought that jump was quite easy. Make sure you do not jump too early, and be sure to hold down the mantle button when you reach the back part of the pit.
    I found a speed potion on Expert:
    In the area with the lethal floating heads (I hate them!): in the 3-way junction (from which you can go to the right to reach the room with the cage & doll), go straight ahead until you reach the far back-left corner of the place (it's a good and safe dark corner to hide in, btw.). There is a speed potion on the long alcove close by.

... where is the head?
    It is in Basil's room on the 2nd floor. This room is one of the rooms that is closed off by a gate and some red and white particle effects until you frob the painting in Emilie's apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntHunter View Post
    OK, I'm back! I need the body! Thanks!
    Look for a door on the first floor near to snowy courtyard. It is one of the rooms that is closed off by a gate and some red and white particle effects until you frob the painting in Emilie's apartment.

@jiansonz: You're right! I can't believe I forgot about that speed potion.

Finished with this awesome mission!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast