TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 5 - The Black Frog

Ghost

Reaper problems...

I'm in the tunnels. I know I have to run around the lava pit enough to get the beast to fall into it; but the doors over the lava are closed, and I have no idea how to open them. I just keep running around and around until finally he gets stuck on the texture, but he never dies! How do I open the doors over the lava pit?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Climb the ladder and look for some switches. One of them opens those doors.

Ghost
    Thanks, Tannar.

As usual, I figured it out shortly after posting: I had to dodge past the Chak--whatever, monster and run to the end of the corridor; there is a ladder there, and I was able to jump onto it and climb up to the ledge above without taking damage. From there, I could either just complete the mission (down the other ladder into the cage room) or else hop down and coax the monster into chasing me around the lava pool (lever on the upper ledge opens the lava doors) until it got clumsy and fell in.

Finished, but with only five out of nine secrets.

What others said is true: If the player reacts to the suddenly-closing cage by leaping backwards, as I did the first time, winding up outside of the cage, then when Emilie arrives, you can knock her out. You don't even have to hide; she cannot see or hear you.

Alas, that breaks the mission: If you go inside the (still open) cage, the cage door closes, so you cannot get out; but because E.V. is unconscious, she cannot activate the crushing ceiling... hence the mission never ends until you shift-control-alt-end it.

If you let her go through her whole spiel, while you stand outside the cage, you can watch the ceiling come down on nothing. But if you move forward and touch it, even ever so gently, you instantly die a crushing death.

Dafydd

What others said is true: If the player reacts to the suddenly-closing cage by leaping backwards, as I did the first time, winding up outside of the cage, then when Emilie arrives, you can knock her out.
    It's very annoying I will try to find a solution to prevent this in a next update.

Ghost
    Gaetane, here's a possibility:

You could change the cage room so that the bars don't close automatically upon entry. Instead, there is a button at the back of the cage room (opposite the entrance) labeled something like "Reactivate system."

Nothing happens until Garrett pushes that button; when he finally does, the cage bars slam shut faster than Garrett can back out of the cage room. From then on, everything proceeds as before, with Emilie arriving, the conversation, the panel opening, and all the rest of it.

The only change is to lure Garrett far enough from the door that he will certainly be trapped by the cage bars.

Dafydd

Indeed, i was thinking to something like this
    Thank Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Gaetane, here's a possibility:

You could change the cage room so that the bars don't close automatically upon entry. Instead, there is a button at the back of the cage room (opposite the entrance) labeled something like "Reactivate system."

Nothing happens until Garrett pushes that button; when he finally does, the cage bars slam shut faster than Garrett can back out of the cage room. From then on, everything proceeds as before, with Emilie arriving, the conversation, the panel opening, and all the rest of it..
    I say this in jest, but what if a enterprising taffer decided to use an arrow to push the button, in case they felt it was a trap of some kind? I know, i know, it's unlikely, but perhaps you should use a lever or something instead of a button, to make it 'breakthemission-proof'

HELP cannot find the maintenance key anywhere ...
    by the way brilliant mission kudos

You won't be able to find it until you have been to and returned from the Black Frog world. If you've done that, the key is on or near Belmont's corpse in the Priests' Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You won't be able to find it until you have been to and returned from the Black Frog world. If you've done that, the key is on or near Belmont's corpse in the Priests' Temple.
    thank you thank you can't believe i missed that

The location of the lockpicks seems to me somewhere off planet... Can someone help me out? Thanks!

spoiler:
    Starting Point + Jump into the balcony. There you will find them in a case

Quote Originally Posted by brush View Post
    spoiler:
    Starting Point + Jump into the balcony. There you will find them in a case
    Thank you. I found the sword before the lockpicks and blackjack so I killed everybody to make my search easier. That didn't help me out.

GaŽtane,

wow, that really was an outstanding campaign!
    Actually one of the very best T2 FMs I've ever played.

I liked the slow "no enemies" start, allowing you to get accustomed to the town (which quite helps a bit in the 3rd mission).
    Mission 2 was a a very well made heist, and then M3 started to make me feel uneasy... you very much pulled me out of my comfort zone - first with the black dogs, and a while later even a bit further with that kill objective. Fighting in T2 is a thing I usually avoid (and I'm not very good at it either), and being forced to do it was really tense... but also a very satisfying part of the mission.
    M4 was a lovely mission too. Especially the old fishery gave me the creeps.
    M5 just was a blast! Cannot remember a single minute where I felt bored. I very much expected, that at some time the BF world had to show, but again... WOW! I expected way less than THAT.

One part I especially hated at first (but eventually liked ): the tunnels in the DF realm (doll body). Cannot remember any other T2 mission getting me that tense and challenging my skills that much...

Thank you very much for that really great campaign, and the lots of work you've put into it!

Edit: And yeah, I too felt quite sad about Emilie too in the end.
    Last edited by Quant; 11th Apr 2012 at 00:00.

Thank you very much for your kind comments Quant I'm very happy you liked the campaign

Just finished with full loot and all secrets. No help either. Mission 5 was just astonishing! I don't know how you do it, but thank you Gaetane!

I have yet to Ghost missions 4 and 5, but will once I have the time. I played them both at work (LOL) but I don't Ghost there because the computer is crappy. Plus I want to get the full experience on my 1080p rig at home. I see mission 5 is unghostable, but I'll do my best.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Great campaign, thank you. I needed to check a few postings here in order to proceed but hey, I usually do anyway.
    The ending credits/music were first class all the way too.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Stuck - haven't read other comments because I don't want to spoil anything...

Have the map, looks like I've been everywhere, except:

Need a key for Emilie's apts.
    Need a key for the tunnels.
    I assume for the key for Girvalid's room is in the 2nd priest's room, which does not frob, so there must be another way in.

I saw a mention of the boarded up area in the basement - saw that, but I'm trying to ghost. Is there any other way to proceed than whacking the wood (pardon the expression) and making a ton of noise?

Sorry, no. That's your only way forward and what you must do to get Emilie's key.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Haven't finished yet, but I just got out of the Black Frog World - Gaetane, you truly have a twisted mind. I think the authorities need to be informed of your existence.

Gaetane, you truly have a twisted mind
    I tried to change my mind, really, but i didn't found psychoanalysts able to solve this problem

Where do I find the keys to the Mirror room and the frog tower? There's a scroll in Emilie's house that says one of the keys is in the 1st priest's room,, but I can't find it there

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Where do I find the keys to the Mirror room and the frog tower? There's a scroll in Emilie's house that says one of the keys is in the 1st priest's room,, but I can't find it there
    Mirror room key: Emily's bedroom, switch near bed opens picture over desk. Black Frog tower key you get later.

Actually there isn't really a "Tower" key. The key that gets you into the tower is the Tunnels/maintenance key which you won't find until after you get back from the Black Frog world.

Thanks

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast