TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 271217222732373839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,037 of 1037

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Can anyone try SU after the lastest update of Win10?
    Cause on my system it can start no more.....but maybe it's problem of mine.
    I am also on the latest Windows 10 build and I do not seem to be having any problems with the newest Sneaky Upgrade. Could you provide more details on your problem?

Double click on Thief3.exe -> nothing.
    Maybe the culprit is some MSVC component I have installed/uninstalled.

Maybe the installer needs to be run as administrator, or the User Account Control is protecting you from dangerous files, activities, opinions or political ideologies, or Data Execution Prevention thinks it knows better what you want to do with your computer.

In the patch notes it states "Fix for the desktop being visible during level loading on Vista and up" after browsing through this thread I see other people have posted about the problem and recieved the answer that it's just the way it is.

Is it ever possible to fix something something like that? I love the patch but viewing the desktop for 1-3 seconds everytime I load a game or level pulls you out of the immersion.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Maybe the culprit is some MSVC component I have installed/uninstalled.
    Or some D3D wrapper component you forgot about? You can try this very experimental GCC build....

Can you run the original game? Also try running the patched game as closely to the original as possible: No mods, set the refresh rate limit to zero, pick an original resolution, e.g. 1600x1200.

Which Win10 build are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity View Post
    Maybe the installer needs to be run as administrator
    The installer will/should always run as administrator. You should get a UAC prompt when you launch it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwell View Post
    In the patch notes it states "Fix for the desktop being visible during level loading on Vista and up" after browsing through this thread I see other people have posted about the problem and recieved the answer that it's just the way it is.
    Is it ever possible to fix something something like that? I love the patch but viewing the desktop for 1-3 seconds everytime I load a game or level pulls you out of the immersion.
    The fix ought to work much better than that. Unless you've just changed the resolution you should at worst see the desktop for a fraction of a second. Which SU version are you using, and which Windows version do you have? Also, do you have more than one display/monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Or some D3D wrapper component
    LOL

It is the indirectsound ( http://indirectsound.com/ ) wrapper (dsound->xaudio).
    It worked flawlessy before.....

Maybe some XAUDIO update for Win10 broke it.....

OK solved. It isn't IndirectSound, it's my mad scientist mind experiment

I left this in the Thief folder: https://github.com/kosumosu/x3daudio1_7_hrtf

Sneaky Upgrader
    Beleg Cúthalion's endevour to turn the Inn tutorial mission into a real mission for T3G is currently at the stage where all the tutorial stuff has been removed except on Easy difficulty, and the map plays like a normal mission on the higher difficulty settings.

Please help test the map at this point, to verify that there's a solid basis for the exciting part - expanding the map. On Easy it should play exactly like the original. On the other difficulty settings you get to roam the Inn and the surrounding area freely, and there's special loot to be found...

For this test the map is played as an FM, using FMSel or NewDarkLoader. It should not be used to start a T3G play-through. If you have feedback please post it in this thread, where you can also download the map.

Sneaky Upgrader

Thanks for making this awesome patch/upgrade, I couldn't even get past the training level due to the lockpicking bug but now it's not a problem. I was wondering though if you could add an option to the tweaks for infinite arrows and items?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by jdt532 View Post
    Thanks for making this awesome patch/upgrade, I couldn't even get past the training level due to the lockpicking bug but now it's not a problem.
    You're welcome.

I was wondering though if you could add an option to the tweaks for infinite arrows and items?
    I'd like to add more tweaks and cheats like that but it probably won't happen soon. For the time being the focus is on cleaning up and restructuring the project.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    You're welcome.

I'd like to add more tweaks and cheats like that but it probably won't happen soon. For the time being the focus is on cleaning up and restructuring the project.
    Ok, I understand.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 271217222732373839404142