TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323742434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1258

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sneaky Upgrader
    It should work, assuming you don't have a very old version of the SU. Try running the unpatched game and see if you can alt-tab there. (Look for "Thief 3 unpatched" in the "Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade" start menu program group.) If you can't alt-tab there either, then the SU is not to blame.

Do you have the GOG version of the game? The GOG installer disables alt-tab for the game for unknown reasons - I think I've made the SU installer fix that, but maybe something's broken it.

Are you running Win10? It seems the recent 'creator's update' has broken a few things, for instance the resolution is not reset correctly on exit anymore for me. Although alt-tab does work.

I'm hoping to get a new SU update out in January so I'll try getting alt-tab tested on several machines then.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Thanks for advertising...

I got the Steam version of thief deadly shadows on windows 10 and it works fine with the upgrade the only problem I have is there's no Garrett voice during the briefing screen.I tried to fix this with the sneaky upgrade settings and now there's no briefing screen just the objectives screen.How do I fix this?

Sneaky Upgrader
    There must be something wrong with the setup of the Briefing Videos mod - when it's active you get the briefing as a video voice-over and afterwards the game starts at the objectives screen, with the briefing disabled. Sounds like those elements got messed up somehow.

Try disabling the Briefings mod on the front page of the tweaker. Also, check the Tweaks page in the Sneaky Upgrade section for an option to start at the objectives screen - it should be disabled. Click OK and try the game again. If it still doesn't work, then try uninstalling the SU, reboot, then reinstall while your virus checker is disabled.

When it works, you can try re-enabling the Briefings mod. Make sure the same Tweaks option as before, but in the Briefing Videos section, is enabled.
    Last edited by snobel; 16th Dec 2017 at 01:36.

Thank you,it works now.

I downloaded and installed the latest fat version on the OP but I am having a strange bug whenever I am in borderless mode. If I right click it will right click as if it's windows and bring me out of the game like this

But if I switch to full screen it will still kick me out of the game whenever I right click on occasion, but this time it wont have the windows context menu. Then I alt tab back into the game and it goes ok for a few minutes until I right click again.

edit: Incase anyone else has this problem, I figured out a solution. You can download a program called "Dual Monitor Tools" which locks the mouse to just one monitor screen and it seems to stop the right clicking from pulling the player out of the game.
    Last edited by goldwell; 19th Dec 2017 at 12:22.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yep, there's something weird going on with dual monitor setups. Hopefully I can get on it next month. Thanks for posting the solution you found - it's good to know a fallback is available.

Which version of Windows do you have? (And if it's Win10, which 'update' or build number?)

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Yep, there's something weird going on with dual monitor setups. Hopefully I can get on it next month. Thanks for posting the solution you found - it's good to know a fallback is available.

Which version of Windows do you have? (And if it's Win10, which 'update' or build number?)
    I have Windows 10 Home 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Thank you so much for all your hard work Snobel, you have made one of my favorite Thief games an infinitely better experience and I really appreciate it

How did you guys get managed to make it be launched by the steam library? I removed the original T3 and then renamed the thief3.exe from sneakyU to "t3" but im experiencing a crash at launch... Appreciate if you could help

Sneaky Upgrader
    There should be no need for renaming stuff. After installing the patch the game as such should launch from the library - what doesn't work is the overlay. For that to work you have to add the game a second time as a non-Steam game (but you just browse to the Steam install and select the Thief3.exe file).

There are some drawbacks, like no time tracking, but it's the best/only way to set it up as far as I know.

There should be no need for renaming stuff. After installing the patch the game as such should launch from the library - what doesn't work is the overlay. For that to work you have to add the game a second time as a non-Steam game (but you just browse to the Steam install and select the Thief3.exe file).

There are some drawbacks, like no time tracking, but it's the best/only way to set it up as far as I know.

thanks appreciate, but I was precisly looking for the time tracker stuff. not a big deal, appreciate your answer

Sneaky Upgrader
    Well, try this:

• In the System folder, rename T3.exe and T3Main.exe to something else
    • Rename Thief3.exe to T3Main.exe
    • Copy back the original T3.exe from C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Backup

Time tracking should then work. To play FMs you'd have to use the tweaker to make the FM selector always enabled.

Well, try this:

• In the System folder, rename T3.exe and T3Main.exe to something else
    • Rename Thief3.exe to T3Main.exe
    • Copy back the original T3.exe from C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Backup

Time tracking should then work. To play FMs you'd have to use the tweaker to make the FM selector always enabled.
    unfortunatly I dont have the thief 3 sneaky upgrade file as you mentionned, While installation of the mod i saw some stuff going to C: (installation in D: form the game files) but i want find anything in C:

Sneaky Upgrader
    Maybe it's because the ProgramData folder is hidden? Try pasting "%programdata%\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Backup" (without quotes) into the location field in a file explorer window and press Enter. Or unhide system folders in the file explorer settings.

If you're not on WinXP, your system drive is C: and the SU is installed, then the path should exist.

Amazing work fixing this shoddy PC port, but there's something that's bugging me. How do I explain it... it isn't really lag; when I move the camera around in the first mission it moves smoothly, mostly, but when I start walking and looking around, it feels as if Garrett is shuffling, and the image seems to stutter.
    I've installed the full package of Sneaky Upgrade. Is this how the original game behaves?

Also, it takes a while to load a savegame, which is really disappointing coming from Gold and Metal Age. There isn't any way to make them faster, right?

Edit: dgVoodoo basically fixed my first issue.
    Last edited by Taffingtaffer; 8th Jan 2018 at 21:45.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffingtaffer View Post
    Also, it takes a while to load a savegame, which is really disappointing coming from Gold and Metal Age. There isn't any way to make them faster, right?
    If you have the texture pack enabled, disabling it will make loading quite a bit faster. Otherwise, no.

If you have the texture pack enabled, disabling it will make loading quite a bit faster. Otherwise, no.
    Thanks a lot. Sorry to bother you, but I've still got a couple of issues:
    - Game runs fine now, but whenever I look at something that can be moved or used (i.e highlighted doors, boxes, etc), the framerate tanks.
    - The headbobbing factor bug happens a lot, too. Minimalist project sets it at 0.8, but Sneaky Upgrade warns about the likehood of triggering that bug. Which value should I set to avoid it?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Game runs fine now, but whenever I look at something that can be moved or used (i.e highlighted doors, boxes, etc), the framerate tanks.
    This sounds new to me. I don't really have anything to suggest except to post your Windows version, graphics card info etc. in case someone else has input.

The headbobbing factor bug happens a lot, too. Minimalist project sets it at 0.8, but Sneaky Upgrade warns about the likehood of triggering that bug. Which value should I set to avoid it?
    Set it to 1.0 for the original value.

This sounds new to me. I don't really have anything to suggest except to post your Windows version, graphics card info etc. in case someone else has input.
    Windows 8.1 64bit, Intel Core i7-4500U, AMD Radeon R7 M265 (Radeon Software Version 17.4.4, Crimson ReLive).

I think the distance of interactivity with objects should require Garrett to be closer to them, at least on doors. I managed to go through a wall because you can just use a locked door inside a room looking through the peephole of another one lmao

Also, about the lag when objects and doors highlight... it only appears when something is blocking my vision (the object is behind a wall, a wagon or something). Otherwise, that highlight doesn't cause any lag.
    Last edited by Taffingtaffer; 12th Jan 2018 at 12:31.

Amazing work fixing this shoddy PC port, but there's something that's bugging me. How do I explain it... it isn't really lag; when I move the camera around in the first mission it moves smoothly, mostly, but when I start walking and looking around, it feels as if Garrett is shuffling, and the image seems to stutter.
    I've installed the full package of Sneaky Upgrade. Is this how the original game behaves?
    I think that's the body awareness. Moving the mouse simulates turning your head. If you then move, the body has to travel in a small arc to match the new angle. Try looking down while turning, and you'll see the body staying still. If you turn beyond a certain angle, the body will start to rotate smoothly on the spot. I don't know if it can be disabled and replaced with a floating camera.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I think that's the body awareness. Moving the mouse simulates turning your head. If you then move, the body has to travel in a small arc to match the new angle. Try looking down while turning, and you'll see the body staying still. If you turn beyond a certain angle, the body will start to rotate smoothly on the spot. I don't know if it can be disabled and replaced with a floating camera.
    I guessed that may had something to do with it too. But the game ran really bad without dgVoodoo, anyway. I still find the highlight objects lag really weird, however.

I really like the briefing videos that this adds, but is there any way to enable those and also keep Garrett's voice-over of the mission briefings? I just love listening to him

Sneaky Upgrader
    The briefing video sound track is the original voice-over, so you'll then get it twice. But it's easy enough to re-enable: Go to C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Briefing Videos\Content\T3 and rename the Sounds folder. (Note that C:\ProgramData is normally a hidden folder.)

You may then also want to disable the option in Briefing Videos / Tweak Overrides so that the briefing text is shown instead of the objectives.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323742434445464748495051 LastLast