TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323742474849505152
Results 1,276 to 1,289 of 1289

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Good question, that's a mystery I can't even answer. I'm just lucky the game is working fine for me.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Unpatched game works!
    So it's something in Sneaky Upgrade
    OK, then it should be possible to track it down. Do you know if 1.1.8 is the same?

What's with the window (in the red ellipse) in that screenshot - just an indication that ReShade is active?

Solved, it's the "direct load" option

DISABLING it -> All works

Sneaky Upgrader
    No Fonts Mod, 1920x1080 / 16:9
    I can reproduce it. But it happens also with the unpatched game in 1600x1200 (with the bonus of a partially missing main menu version text - at least that's fixed in the SU. )

I'll see if it can be fixed.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Solved, it's the "direct load" option
    DISABLING it -> All works
    Thanks - maybe that mode should be disabled when a local d3d8.dll is detected, even if it's not always a problem? (There would be on/off/auto settings then, defaulting to auto.)

Your call man! It's a good trade-off
    And here's our beloved Thief DS in all its splendor

*1920x1080 (but you can of course use DSR / SSAA cranking it up to 4K)
    *in-game MSAA 4x / No native Bloom
    *Anisotropic Filtering 16x via NVCP
    *HBAO+ via NV Profile Inspector (NVidia GPUs only) thanks to the D3D8/9 rendering (it's not possible with dgVoodoo2 wrapping to D3D11)
    *ReShade shaders:
    -HDR (default settings)
    -qUINT Bloom (default settings)
    -LumaSharpen (default settings)

I'm happy as a happy baby
    Last edited by lowenz; 1st Oct 2018 at 06:53.

Sneaky Upgrader
    That does look rather nice!

I can hardly see the difference with the graphics you changed there, but cool it does look nice!

ThieveryUT

Anyone know how to fix the map text being cut off? Running in 2560x1440. I've tried a few different HUD scales.

https://i.imgur.com/P6RWqEi.jpg

Sneaky Upgrader
    HUD scale does not affect the map or associated texts. I guess this is another case of the original text scaling bug. It may be fixable, I'll have a look.

If you have the Fonts mod enabled, try disabling it and see if it makes a difference.

ThieveryUT

Aha, yes, disabling the fonts fixes it, I'll play with it turned off for now: https://i.imgur.com/ApaONqe.jpg

The font mod makes the fonts smoother and less pixellated? The Sneaky Tweaker doesn't say why you'd want the various font replacements turned on, aside from the note about accents on one of them.

Sneaky Upgrader
    You'd want them turned on because overall they look better. But the issue with missing text should of course be fixed.

I did publish a beta and asked for feedback on the Fonts mod, both here and on Mod DB. The only feedback I got was positive so I left it enabled by default.

ThieveryUT

I'd be happy to test an updated one if you make adjustments. I know fonts can be a real pain. Is it rasterizing them at various sizes for different resolutions, so they'll clip okay at some resolutions but not at others?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Thanks - it may be a few weeks before I have time.

Without source code the details of font rendering are not known, but there's a single texture per font, which is scaled at startup to a very limited set of sizes. Why text will sometimes not 'fit' at a given resolution is also not known, but it seems to be worse at large resolutions. In this case, though, I've a hunch that I've made things worse by tweaking the scaling factors used for the replacement font textures.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323742474849505152