TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Pestis Cruenta (25-03-12) - Thief Reloaded Contest #2 entry

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Where is it? A really awesome mission like this one deserves to be fully completed, and I'm getting really tired hunting for the last few hundred...
    Thanks a lot, Haplo. Now I'm searching for that Easter Egg...

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Ali, just wanted to thank you for this mission, I finished it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! Great use of CoK's map. I was going to complain about the low number of AI until I realized it differs by difficulty... I played on Normal and will replay on Expert soon.

What joy it was to revisit this city again. Sadly I couldn't fulfill the (optional) objective and kill all the undead in the city. One of them fell in the water next to the ship and just keeps standing there.

But all in all a very fab mission. I will replay it very soon.

In the area where you find the book talking about " finding the body of the owner of abarrach port inn" I could not frob out or use a water arrow to extinguish the candles. I'm a nitpick but I find these types of things annoying. They take away from my immersion big time.

Thank you for your hard work, over all the mission rocks.

Classical Master 2008
    This was an enjoyable, fun mission. The story is good, the puzzles are logical (although there is something that feels a little bit artificial about them - solve one, gain an object for the next one, solve that, etc.), the sneaking is tense and it is just all well realised. Only found one secret, so they are hidden quite well.

The mission also drives home how small the city segments in TDS were (all right, they are also more detailed).

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    By the way, how many people found the bonus (Easter Egg) objective?
    Not found it yet, instead I replayed on Expert and enjoyed it even better. Lost count of the zombies... BUT I struggle with the last secret (#4 on the list, "Tower E of Northmoore"). Is that on the skyscraper tower with the thick pipes very high above? I can vine up to the top wooden edge from its back side, mantle on a ledge, but it's totally impossible to continue further up, despite Garrett's best (audible) efforts to try... What am I doing wrong?

How do I solve the objective "Wake the sleepers..."?

For that objective you need to find a torch holder and a flask of oil and the key to the chamber. Once you have those items you'll be able to get in through the very large wooden gate and I expect you'll know what to do then.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyEd View Post
    How do I solve the objective "Wake the sleepers..."?
    Have you opened both safes at the Mayor's and the Banker's? If you have, use the special key to open the gate, and the sacred object from the Banker's safe below. You'll also need to carry an item you got from the pagan playground, first activated at the entrance. Light will do the rest...

Thanks for that torch hint

Good! And the third is the most obvious.
    Is the third reference to Edge Of Darkness some of the brooding incidental music?

Thanks everyone for your kind words! It's great to see people are enjoying the mission. How many of you made good use of the holy water flask(s)? You can kill up to 5-6 baddies with a single flask.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Is the third reference to Edge Of Darkness some of the brooding incidental music?
    No, it is the name "Northmoor". I'm surprised (and quite impressed) that you remembered the the girl's song, but not the name "Northmoor"!

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Not found it yet, instead I replayed on Expert and enjoyed it even better. Lost count of the zombies... BUT I struggle with the last secret (#4 on the list, "Tower E of Northmoore"). Is that on the skyscraper tower with the thick pipes very high above? I can vine up to the top wooden edge from its back side, mantle on a ledge, but it's totally impossible to continue further up, despite Garrett's best (audible) efforts to try... What am I doing wrong?
    What you are trying to climb is the clocktower, which can't be climbed. Where you need to go is just east of Northmoor Place, after the transformer and the "doorway". You'll see a cylindrical building with a pipe and a street light next to it. Then you could party like it was 1897!

Classical Master 2008
    I thought it was plot-critical so I ended up hoarding it. Not that I killed many opponents anyway, only a few which snuck up on me.

What you are trying to climb is the clocktower, which can't be climbed. Where you need to go is just east of Northmoor Place, after the transformer and the "doorway". You'll see a cylindrical building with a pipe and a street light next to it. Then you could party like it was 1897!
    Thanks a lot again, this was really hilarious
    The authentic Parisian humor: "le 17 avril... ici il ne s'est rien passé"

Thanks Haplo...

I'm not a great fan of the dead, but when you can actually keep them down, then we got a whole new thing

Once I got past the bucket then I was ok again & was able to finish it

Thanks for the "no-need-to-be-ghosted" mission...

In Dutch the little girls song goes like this:

Advocaatje leef je nog, Ia Dia,
    Advocaatje leef je nog, Ia, Dia,
    Ik heb m'n eten opgegeten en mijn drinken laten staan,
    Ia, Dia, Ho.

It means: Little lawyer, are you still alive? Ia Dia
    Little lawyer, are you still alive? Ia Dia
    I ate my food and didn't drink my drink
    Ia, Dia, Ho.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

BANNED
    Congratulations and very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    This was an enjoyable, fun mission. The story is good, the puzzles are logical (although there is something that feels a little bit artificial about them - solve one, gain an object for the next one, solve that, etc.), the sneaking is tense and it is just all well realised. Only found one secret, so they are hidden quite well.

The mission also drives home how small the city segments in TDS were (all right, they are also more detailed).
    all of these comments are true for me as well. where is that "secrets" hints file?
    I noticed the vine that hangs from the arrows looks particularly nice, and there were a bunch of new motions (or at least ones I hadn't seen used in a while).

The secrets are shown on the loot list. I believe there's a link to it in the first post. It's a pretty basic list but it should do the trick for anyone who's looking to find everything as some of it is quite difficult to spot.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    where is that "secrets" hints file?
    I noticed the vine that hangs from the arrows looks particularly nice, and there were a bunch of new motions (or at least ones I hadn't seen used in a while).
    Check the first post of the lootlist, it contains the secrets too. (Edit: Nightwalker beat me to it!)

And yes, I used some motions that had never been used before in other FMs.

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    I haven't looked at this yet (that'd be cheating ), but I'm looking forward to playing the other contest entries. It'll be a nice break from having to build one.

Finished on expert with 4 of 8 secrets only , it was a creepy and very nice mission with an interesting story.
    By the way, the end was like:

Enjoyed it a lot thanks for this FM Ali!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Finished on expert with 4 of 8 secrets only , it was a creepy and very nice mission with an interesting story.
    By the way, the end was like:

Enjoyed it a lot thanks for this FM Ali!
    Great!
    And you should know by now that Haplo's stories don't end happily.
    Is that artwork yours? It is impressive.

Great!
    And you should know by now that Haplo's stories don't end happily.
    Is that artwork yours? It is impressive.
    I know your stories, but this was just one of the best ones, and no, that artwork was took from here: http://9gag.com/

Okay I finally found the easter egg, but I'd still like to know what that weird hot tub was all about (has anyone else found it?)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast