TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Pestis Cruenta (25-03-12) - Thief Reloaded Contest #2 entry

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Wolf View Post
    Okay I finally found the easter egg, but I'd still like to know what that weird hot tub was all about (has anyone else found it?)
    What weird hot tub?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    By the way, how many people found the bonus (Easter Egg) objective?
    Just found it right now... although I had found all the secrets already
    But I don't get the joke
    What is it that did not happen here

EDIT: Even the german Wikipedia did not provide any reasonable clue for that day/year.
    But I found the answer in the english one - I guess. At least in case April 17 - as posted before is correct.
    Never heard of that incident, though.

Thanks for this mission, Haplo !
    The zombie turning his head was really creepy
    Last edited by gnartsch; 27th Mar 2012 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Just found it right now... although I had found all the secrets already
    But I don't get the joke
    What is it that did not happen here

EDIT: Even the german Wikipedia did not provide any reasonable clue for that day/year.
    But I found the answer in the english one - I guess. At least in case April 17 - as posted before is correct.
    Never heard of that incident, though.
    That is just a simple joke, saying in that particular year at that particular place nothing happened. I didn't intend any connections with April 17 or any UFO incident. Although the plaque originally came from a photo we took in the middle of nowhere in southern NSW, which might have been a joke on the UFO incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    What weird hot tub?
    Maybe I should be asking CoK then, though It could also be a water tower with mist coming off of it. The reason I'm curious is because it's not in a very visible location, probably not meant to be reached yet assists the player in getting out of it with a ladder. I don't recall ever seeing it in TDS with its leathal water but unfortunatly I don't have that installed at the moment to check.

Its location: On top of the Conical building in the center of the area north of the docks

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Wolf View Post
    Maybe I should be asking CoK then, though It could also be a water tower with mist coming off of it. The reason I'm curious is because it's not in a very visible location, probably not meant to be reached yet assists the player in getting out of it with a ladder. I don't recall ever seeing it in TDS with its leathal water but unfortunatly I don't have that installed at the moment to check.

Its location: On top of the Conical building in the center of the area north of the docks
    Oh yeah, I see it now. I hadn't noticed it before.
    I wonder what it is supposed to be, will take a good look at it tonight.

Will I need to turn the steam back on? When I opened the hatch - it flew away! and then the switch didn't work after I turned the steam off. I thought the steam might be what I needed to melt the wax, but now I got the hint about the bucket and will have to look for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamoyr View Post
    Will I need to turn the steam back on? When I opened the hatch - it flew away! and then the switch didn't work after I turned the steam off. I thought the steam might be what I needed to melt the wax, but now I got the hint about the bucket and will have to look for that.
    No, you won't need to turn the steam back on.

I opened the chamber of the sleeping, I lit the fire with the sacred oil, but have not yet found the gem collection, help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bluclint View Post
    I opened the chamber of the sleeping, I lit the fire with the sacred oil, but have not yet found the gem collection, help would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you been to the harbour and entered the locked up 'Abbarach Port Inn' ?
    There is only 1 way in and 'no, you can not break the door'.

Quote Originally Posted by bluclint View Post
    There is a book that you have missed, at the top of a set of stairs in the northwestern part of the city. Another way to get there is through a balcony which is across the street from the big window that you used to enter the tavern.

The Chamber is confusing me.

I'm inside the Chamber of the Sleepers. How do you light the oil? The receptacles are not longer frobbable once the oil is inside, and the only torch I have is unlit and trying to use it simply drops it. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
    The Chamber is confusing me.

I'm inside the Chamber of the Sleepers. How do you light the oil? The receptacles are not longer frobbable once the oil is inside, and the only torch I have is unlit and trying to use it simply drops it. What am I missing?
    Light your torch somewhere else and bring it back. You can light it anywhere there's a lit torch, which is several places in the mission - just not in the Chamber.

- prjames

I tried to do that at the torches right outside, but they weren't interact-able, so I shrugged it off. Will look into it some more. Thanks!

...[loads game]...

Huh. Whaddaya know. It seems I hadn't tossed my torch (that's an awkward turn of phrase) right the first time I tried. Ahem. Ok, onwards I go!

Awesome FM! Can someone tell me how to get into the tavern in North Gate. I've lock picked the door but the boards are in my way. Can't see another way in.

Edit: and as soon as I went back into the game I found it. Doh!

Thank you for making this wonderful mission, I had a total blast! The whole map is so well laid out and full of hidden passages and goodies. I only got 2 out of the 8 secrets, so extra kudos for still finding great hiding places... (or is it just that I still haven't learned where to look for secrets after all this time...)

I had one uncompleted objective at the end though: I thought I had thwacked all the undead on the head, but the Kill all undead objective was still active! Any ideas where I might have overlooked the last one(s)? I can't hear any moans anywhere any more, so I can't imagine where else one might still be hiding...
    Edit: aaaand of course the last zombie just sauntered into view two seconds after I posted this Oddly it was in an area that I was pretty sure I had cleared of all undead earlier...
    Last edited by poronty; 31st Mar 2012 at 06:17.

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    Thank you for making this wonderful mission, I had a total blast! The whole map is so well laid out and full of hidden passages and goodies. I only got 2 out of the 8 secrets, so extra kudos for still finding great hiding places... (or is it just that I still haven't learned where to look for secrets after all this time...)
    There are not that many 'traditional' secrets inside houses.
    Keep an eye open on the outsides and have your rope arrows ready.

As gnartsch said. The lootlist on the first page has all the secrets, in case you get tired of searching.

Oh I forgot to say that after I finished the mission I immediately went back and collected the rest of the secrets with the help of the lootlist. So now hopefully I'll be all the more observant in future missions! Looking for secrets is always a great learning experience, but it looks like I'm a little slow to learn

Could you guys give me a bit more explicit hint as to the easter egg location? I can't seem to find any "conical building" in the area mentioned...

Oh I forgot to say that after I finished the mission I immediately went back and collected the rest of the secrets with the help of the lootlist. So now hopefully I'll be all the more observant in future missions! Looking for secrets is always a great learning experience, but it looks like I'm a little slow to learn

Could you guys give me a bit more explicit hint as to the easter egg location? I can't seem to find any "conical building" in the area mentioned...
    It is where you found this secret: "SECRET - Tower east of Northmoor place (behind pipes) purse 100 2765". Look at this post for more hints: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2117644

If you have collected all the secrets, then you were close enough to bump your head on it.
    (I did not notice it either when I got there)
    Do you recall having had to climb behind some pipes near the place where you get the gloves
    (east of Northmore place)

OK, I went back behind the pipe and found the weird plaque on the wall. Is that all there is to the easter egg? Someone mentioned a hot tub or something... sorry if I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

OK, I went back behind the pipe and found the weird plaque on the wall. Is that all there is to the easter egg? Someone mentioned a hot tub or something... sorry if I'm a bit slow on the uptake.
    Don't feel slow. Not even the author did know what the plaque really is about
    And if I got it right, he did not know about the swimming pool either (on the rooftops in the middle-map)
    But I am afraid you can get there only if you have wings (or in fly-mode using DromED).

No, I didn't know about the hot-tub. At some stage I noticed the flow brush and took a mental note to check it out later, but I forgot. I'm afraid you'll have to ask CoK why he built it there.

If you are DromEd-savvy you can get there by checking out object #196.

Great atmosphere on this one Haplo

BTW, you can get to the hot tub just by climbing & with a jump.
    Start near a secret where you find a gem and take it from there....

Full route:
    Start by the hatch you unlocked to turn off the steam. Mantle onto wooden shelter. Turn round and climb onto ledge. Go along ledge until wall to left is climbable. You are now on rooftops. Fork left and climb onto another flat roof. Go to end where gables stick up through it and mantle onto gabled roof. To the left is a conical, pointed roof. This is the hard bit - mantle onto this and look down. You will see another flat roof. Jump onto ledge above windows. Then just follow rooftops round to the right and mantle onto hot tub. Enjoy a soak!
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 31st Mar 2012 at 14:16.

Great FM Haplo. T3 is my least favourite Thief game but I don't hate it as much as most taffers seem to so I'm V happy to see T3 get some love.

It was a wierd experience been somewhere simular but simultaniusly different. Kind of a mix of nostalgia combined with the unkown. A strange yet nevertheless nice experience. Hope that makes sense.

You have truly mastered the art of horror whent it comes to Thief FMs. Something I very much enjoy.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast