TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Pestis Cruenta (25-03-12) - Thief Reloaded Contest #2 entry

Thanks everyone. This was quite a challenging mission to pull off. Unfortunately the city section of TDS is not the best in terms of complexity and layout. The houses are worse, they are just made of two or three connecting boxes. They don't have what is necessary for calling them "real" homes; like bathroom, kitchen, basement etc.
    I did my best to work within these limitation and create something that was hopefully fun. Therefore I'm glad to see I succeeded, judging by everyone's reactions.
    This mission should not be compared to other city FMs; it should be judged in accordance with the base it started with and its limitations.
    Last edited by Haplo; 1st Apr 2012 at 21:28. Reason: Typo

I wanted to come back and say- Thanks for this mission!

While I wasn't terribly happy with T3 in and of itself (aside from The Cradle omg The Cradle shall haunt me forever), it was still nostalgic to run about the recognizable streets.

I had my doubts when I first loaded the mission, as I have a deep, abiding hatred for zombies. (Of any form, which makes the zombie craze that has swept the nation in recent years hard to bear.) But I overcame my distaste and pressed on.... and my glee to find out that these zombies were like haunts! I could kill them! [successful insertion of glee commences]

I have to dive back in and scour the streets for the secrets I'm missing. I only got 3!! Dang! I thought I'd kept my eyes peeled pretty well for places to shoot vine arrows up into, too! So, I'm looking forward to trying to find them on my own before resorting to the loot list.

I think the thing I'm going to remember the most about this mission, however, is the zombie who turned his head around to look at me, Exorcist-style. Creepy. Truly creepy.

Haplo, you don't know how glad I was to be able to jump into the water in this mission and not instantly die.
    I had a lot of fun with this mission though the rather sad ending kinda bummed me out and like all your missions, I thought it was excellent!

Haplo,

Everything went better than expected!

Awsome 3 hrs of gameplay: 3 secrets, 5400 loot... but finished by myself.

As always, great mission - thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    They don't have what is necessary for calling them "real" homes; like bathroom, kitchen, basement etc.
    Holy crap, there actually aren't any bathrooms in any of the TDS houses!
    I can't believe it took me this long to notice. .

EDIT: Oh wait, there is one in Capt. Moira's house. . . but just one, and I don't remember there being a toilet or commode in there or anything.

wow i cant believe i beat mission with no help but 1/8 secrets=i got the one with gem on ledge by majors balcony door and i killed every living thing in all parts of town but still did not get optional objective to tick off,where is the hidden zombie?

great mission took me about 1 hour and 30 min to do mission,would love to know the secrets i missed

Thanks b3s3, Shaz and Lady Taffer.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    wow i cant believe i beat mission with no help but 1/8 secrets=i got the one with gem on ledge by majors balcony door and i killed every living thing in all parts of town but still did not get optional objective to tick off,where is the hidden zombie?

great mission took me about 1 hour and 30 min to do mission,would love to know the secrets i missed
    The loot list on the first page includes the secrets too.
    There are no hidden undead, but some have very long patrol routes. So just go through the map again and make sure to cover every corner.

where can i sharp the screwdriver edge?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    where can i sharp the screwdriver edge?
    Hi cardia, if you're trying to open the window at the banker's house you need something else - no sharpening needed

For the screwdriver use it on something near the fountain .

Southquarter.com/fms
    Just finished this, awesome mission...great choice of level. Gotta admit though, I was all amped up at the end when you wake the sleepers, and I was expecting a big battle or at least having to run for my life, so I'm not sure if that's a letdown or just relief.

Anyway, love the fantastic puzzles and story. The flashbacks and cams really add so much, and make the experience of the mission so much more complete and fulfilling. Everything looked great too, so much improved even on what CoK accomplished. Leave it to Haplo to actually make TDS fun and interesting.

And I have to admit: 0/8 secrets I guess this gives me a reason to go back.
    Last edited by Brethren; 4th Apr 2012 at 00:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Just finished this, awesome mission...great choice of level. Gotta admit though, I was all amped up at the end when you wake the sleepers, and I was expecting a big battle or at least having to run for my life, so I'm not sure if that's a letdown or just relief.

Anyway, love the fantastic puzzles and story. The flashbacks and cams really add so much, and make the experience of the mission so much more complete and fulfilling. Everything looked great too, so much improved even on what CoK accomplished. Leave it to Haplo to actually make TDS fun and interesting.

And I have to admit: 0/8 secrets I guess this gives me a reason to go back.
    Thanks! Did the map seem familiar by any chance?

Of course there would be no undead battle at the end. The Sleepers died because the people continued to practice necromancy, and nobody raised them when they died; so they remained dead. Their magical sleep preserved their bodies.

Looking forward to playing yours!

Southquarter.com/fms
    I know, the story all made perfect sense and I loved it, but anytime I'm in a room with several dozen bodies lying on the ground, I get a little nervous! I figured at that point anything could happen.

Brilliant mission so far

I just have a small problem, I can't get the climbing gloves to work no matter what
    It's not a big deal, but it will be if I need them further on

EDIT: They worked for the northwest wall, but that's about the only place they work
    Last edited by Azaran; 6th Apr 2012 at 01:21.

Ok I only have 1 objective left to do: where do I melt the wax locket?

The gloves are only supposed to work on that one wall.

For the wax mould, you need a bucket and to find something not far from the Sleeper Chamber where you can get some hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    For the wax mould, you need a bucket and to find something not far from the Sleeper Chamber where you can get some hot water.
    I found a bucket, but I still haven't found anything near the chamber where I can get water

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I found a bucket, but I still haven't found anything near the chamber where I can get water
    Check the room close by, look carefully in that room

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    Check the room close by, look carefully in that room
    Thanks a lot, I found it

Great mission as always Haplo, I look forward to more

You are a Dromeding machine, Haplo! I was hoping the sleepers would have finery to rob, but no luck.

It's interesting to see how swimmable water and vine/rope arrows ~didn't~ break the T3 city map. The climbing gloves made more sense (as a puzzle piece) too.

Even after all these years, the letdown of TDS still stings. Still, look at the legacy of the TMA--12 years as of March 21!

I think what impressed me the most was your skill at animating the body language of the ghosts--the mayor in particular worked really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Hi cardia, if you're trying to open the window at the banker's house you need something else - no sharpening needed

For the screwdriver use it on something near the fountain .
    Thanks Sagital, but i don´t find anything near the fountain to interect with the screwdriver, and where to i find the tool to open the window?

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    I think what impressed me the most was your skill at animating the body language of the ghosts--the mayor in particular worked really well.
    Thanks. I used some of the motions that had not been used before. My favorite one is in the park where a man finds a dead body, touches it and then tries to get the gooey stuff of his hand.

Thanks Sagital, but i don´t find anything near the fountain to interect with the screwdriver, and where to i find the tool to open the window?
    For using the screwdriver, go back to the fountain, crouch and look around.
    For something flat, search The Corner Tavern carefully.

Haplo,

Very very nice entry!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ali, that manhole highlights in a strange way, you might have a duplicated object here, from this point i have advanced alot, now my only goal that remains is to find the other climbing glove and the gemstone collection, i found one glove near the skelleton in the meting point of Garrett and keeper Artimus, where is the other glove? and where´s is the gem collection? i also found a pipe loose and a sit below that highlights, what am i to do here?

Thanks Ali, that manhole highlights in a strange way, you might have a duplicated object here, from this point i have advanced alot, now my only goal that remains is to find the other climbing glove and the gemstone collection, i found one glove near the skelleton in the meting point of Garrett and keeper Artimus, where is the other glove? and where´s is the gem collection? i also found a pipe loose and a sit below that highlights, what am i to do here?[/QUOTE]

There is only one glove. The collection is in front of the baker's.
    You need hot water. The pipe is loose. How can you break it?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Thanks Ali, that manhole highlights in a strange way, you might have a duplicated object here, from this point i have advanced alot, now my only goal that remains is to find the other climbing glove and the gemstone collection, i found one glove near the skelleton in the meting point of Garrett and keeper Artimus, where is the other glove? and where´s is the gem collection? i also found a pipe loose and a sit below that highlights, what am i to do here?
    There is only one glove. The collection is in front of the baker's.
    You need hot water. The pipe is loose. How can you break it?
    [/QUOTE]

I tossed a pickaxe against the loose pipe but nothing happened, ...wait i will try a sword slash, or am i missing some tool?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast