TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: In trouble with the law

Knows his stuff

In trouble with the law

Not because of anything I've done you see, I've been framed! In Markarth I uncovered corruption that goes all the way to the top. When the guards came for me I just ran like hell and decided I wouldn't be going back to Markarth. But just now I ran into a guard by Soljund's Sinkhole(quite some distance away from Markarth) who tried to arrest me. I killed him and now I've got an additional 1000 gold bounty on my head. Goddammit.

Is there any way to clear my name or get out of this? I have the "bribe guards" perk but it doesn't seem to work in this instance. Will I simply have to do hard time?

The only way I know of to get rid of bounties you can't seem to be able to pay off is to use the console command, 'paycrimegold <0-1> <0-1> '. It's listed in the Targeted Commands section here: http://newcontent1.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console .

Knows his stuff
    Thanks for the tip, but that's a solution I won't and can't use. Can't because I'm playing on XBox and won't because it'd feel like cheating. Hell, I didn't even reload the game after killing that guard and increasing my bounty. I'm a firm believer in sticking with all the stupid decisions I make.

Isn't going to prison in Markarth part of that quest?

Knows his stuff
    Oh!

That would make sense actually. Heh.

You are actually suposed to be arrested... I also fled the 1st time I played that quest and it led to a bug afterwards in wich I could never clear my bounty on Markarth...

Playing a mage/thief, I ducked immediately after seeing the guard come looking for a fight, then I backstabbed him in the face and the other two became friendly. Quest broken.

As for bounty, I reckon progressing the Thieves Guild line allows you to erase it? I think it works in other holds too, not only the Rift; I seem to remember bribing a guard in Whiterun after having killed Nazeem the jerk. Of course no perks involved.

Quote Originally Posted by cast View Post
    As for bounty, I reckon progressing the Thieves Guild line allows you to erase it? I think it works in other holds too, not only the Rift;

Indeed it should, but since in the quest you are suposed to get arrested, the guards would reply "You cant buy your way out this time"