TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German Site ttlg.de down ?

German Site ttlg.de down ?

Hi,

the german fan-site ttlg.de seems down. A google search brings up something about an april fools joke, but now the complete site is unreachable.

Does anybody got more information about what is going on?
    Last edited by UliB; 7th Apr 2012 at 09:34.

We send a message to the Admin of the site. Now we must wait what happen

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    Hi,

the german fan-site ttlg.de seems down. A google search brings up something about an april fools joke, but now the complete site is unreachable.
    Just curious: what link shows this info ?

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to ttlg.de? The website only shows the message "Welcome to your website!"
    Quote Originally Posted by brush View Post
    They make some tests like "dos-attack", etc.

why should someone attack ttlg.de by a dos attack? Any political reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    why should someone attack ttlg.de by a dos attack? Any political reasons?
    Why would someone create and spread viruses ?
    Answer: Just for fun and because it is possbile.
    And in case a reason would be required, then you can possibly always find some Troll who got banned and who has enough insights into such matters - and you have a potential attacker who is dedicated to your site.

SouthQuarter had lost a lot of data due to an attack by SOME IDIOTS in the past as well.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 7th Apr 2012 at 11:07.

Clearinghouse
    DarkFate also was hacked years ago.

If that hacker weren't good like this, Darkfate probably wouldn't exist today.

just stupid thing to do

Hope taffers stays free from such pointless attacks.

I do keep everything backed up.

@gnartsch,

sorry for my naive question. I didnt know that there are so many people around in the internet who are so agressive

I hope the site wil run properbly again soon.

@clearing

At the moment it does happened, I was on TTLG.DE. Suddenly there came a screen-message that the board would be temporary down, because they are checking their security with dos-attacks (tests). Nobody said, that they are down, because of those. It's also possible, that this message was auto-generated and there is any other reason. At least but all I am still wondering about this. I had expected that the Crew give some information or warning-message just in time. No matter no cause - all things will be good!

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Just curious: what link shows this info ?
    It is this ancient post from 2007. I think I read once on ttlg.de that back at that time there really had been some april fool's joke, basically saying that the admins closed the board because of just being pissed off. Anyway, that one is from 2007, so it's likely not connected to the current problem.

The situation is a bit unclear at the moment. When I enter the site's address (www.ttlg.de or board.ttlg.de), I receive a message from the company hosting the site, saying I entered an address that doesn't exist. The same message appears if I click the "visit us" link displayed or if I enter the company's internet address by hand. However, if I try to access an entry of the TTLG board, I get "Error 403" and a message basically saying that I am not allowed to view that content.

Apparently, something went very wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
    I do keep everything backed up.
    And hackers keep everything hacked up.

baeuchlein is right. He found the information i was reffering to. I forgot to check for the date it was written.
    The long downtime now makes me think, that there is something really bad going on...
    (or they forgot to pay the rent ? )

Datenbankfehler! Database error in News Addon: Invalid SQL: SELECT threadid FROM bb1_threads WHERE boardid IN ('3') ORDER BY starttime DESC LIMIT 10
    mysql error: Table 'c2_board.bb1_threads' doesn't exist
    mysql error number: 1146
    Date: 09.04.2012 @ 00:13
    Script: /de/news/news.php
    Referer: http://www.ttlg.de/de/index.html
    The Main Frame is away...

Oh no, you've made the racoon cry!

By opening a website that doesn't exist - quick, go back or try later again!
    The board-link is broken too...if ttlg.de hosted on the same server as its board, its maybe a problem with the hoster...?

Clearinghouse

Someone has recently planted a message in the guest book. The error message on one of the pages has changed. Apparently, something is still going on there, but I cannot see what it is. There are parts of the site which appear to function normally (e.g., the pages for Thief 1), while others (pages for Thief 2) appear to be missing (Error 404). The time reported while trying to access the main page is about two days behind regular time, but is still increasing normally. On one page, I receive a bunch of various contradicting status and error messages, and afterwards parts of the program code of the site is shown. Looks like there's serious damage, reason unknown.

This monday was the last day of the work-free Easter days, so maybe someone will notice the problem in a few hours.

Looks to me like somebody is already trying to fix things. The site was completely offline on saturday , now at least the static stuff is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    The site was completely offline on saturday , now at least the static stuff is back.
    Things are a bit more complicated. The board still does not work, but the guest book has received another entry. The static stuff is not completely back, much of the Thief 2 content is still missing.

Now at least the board is back.
    The Admin doesn't want to explain (now) what exactly happened (and why) but the reason for the downtime was a "DDoS" attack on the servers connection.

http://board.ttlg.de/index.php?page=...&threadID=5076

Down again... what`s happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by silentlab View Post
    Down again... what`s happened ?
    Apparently, they've switched to a new software version and are back online. Click here.

down again

Site is down since a few days.
    error message: Connecting to MySQL server 'localhost' failed.

The problem seems to be fixed now.

If anyone's wondering, the old address board.ttlg.de doesn't work currently. In the meantime, use https://www.ttlg.de/forum instead.

Thanks for letting us know. Will this address be around for long? If so, I'll change the link in the Links thread.

It's a new forum software, so yes this would be a good idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast