TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Health Potions now called Painkiller in om's?

Health Potions now called Painkiller in om's?

I know it was a fan mission that did this buit I'm stumped as to how to get it corrected. I already did the cleaning stuff and nothing changed! Can anyone tell me how to get Painkiller to turn back into Health Potion in the om's?

Thanks for any help!!

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I know it was a fan mission that did this buit I'm stumped as to how to get it corrected. I already did the cleaning stuff and nothing changed! Can anyone tell me how to get Painkiller to turn back into Health Potion in the om's?

Thanks for any help!!
    Look for objnames.str , it should be in a strings folder in your t2 directory. Also, check the size of your Dark.gam file compared to the one on your disk. There is a possiblity of that being overwritten. If you dont find an objnames.str (Strings Folder) inside your directory, then there is a possibility that the author had renamed the health potions in dromed. Copy your Dark.gam from your Disk, and Paste into your T2 directory.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 14th Apr 2012 at 10:10. Reason: To change and add a bit

I found it and when I opened it, I noticed it's title was Bathory. I deleted it and alls well now.
    Thanks a bunch!

Nightwalker - we need to add the Strings folder to the list of folders to delete in the cleanup instructions in the FAQ. Oversight on my part when we added it a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I found it and when I opened it, I noticed it's title was Bathory. I deleted it and alls well now.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Yes, I named "Healing Potion" to "Painkiller" in some missions in the campaign. Just uninstall any missions in DarkLoader and delete Strings-English- Objnames file from your Thief2 directory ("English" directory under "Strings" is optional, I don't remember if I used it in the campaign, Objnames.str is the right file to delete).

Okay. I'll add it to the list.