New Thief 3 widescreen and tweaks patch
If you have trouble getting Thief 3 to work on your widescreen machine you may want to try this new patch, which provides an all-in-one solution:
- All resolutions reported by the system are available from the options screen.
- No issues with 16:9 modes
- Field-of-view is adjusted for widescreen for both OMs and FMs
- The HUD and menus are shown correctly, regardless of resolution and aspect ratio
- Has been reported to work in 3-monitor and 3D display modes
- Includes a fix for multicore machines
- Easy-to-use installer
- GUI tweaks, e.g. HUD scaling and mirroring
Full description and download links here. If you have questions or feedback, please post in that thread.
Thank you! It's great that these older games are being supported by fans, making them even better than the originals and actually playable on modern computers. I probably should dust off my original Thief 3, which I never even finished, sadly.