TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bad Hangover, April 15th, 2012 - an entry for the Reloaded Contest #2

There isn't a key. You need to find a special book in the bookstore - it's quite well hidden, which will give you a code for which lockpick to use and in which order to use it.

Pedro, the lock is meant to reset itsself. You have to know the pattern, as Nickies says, but you also can try to frob it randomly and if you're lucky, the gate will open. The barrels you need are in there among other stuff you'll need later on.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

is this a bug...

I have just entered into the pub/bunkhouse at the docks...by the parchment on the lower bunk there is a chest on its side....and a sneaky purse behind it....when I frob it it keeps on frobbing and does not pick up and go into the inventory...and each time I frob it I get more gold...I am now up to 50,000 odd gold,heheh...went downstairs to the gold bottle behind the barrels...and same thing...keeps frobbing for more gold and does not pick up into inventory,lol....I am rich....bugger everything else ...I will never have to thieve again

Yes! Party time!

Something like that was reported for a different purse I believe, on the German forums. And no, it's not supposed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Pedro, the lock is meant to reset itsself. You have to know the pattern, as Nickies says, but you also can try to frob it randomly and if you're lucky, the gate will open. The barrels you need are in there among other stuff you'll need later on.

Ohhh, i canīt find the key to open the grate in the tomes raider books, where is it? is it here where i will find the clue to open the red lock?

Deleted for leading people astray. Thanks darthsLair!
    Last edited by nickie; 23rd Apr 2012 at 14:43.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Ohhh, i canīt find the key to open the grate in the tomes raider books, where is it? is it here where i will find the clue to open the red lock?
    Hi Pedro, Go to theBook store owners house right next to the well area in SouthQuarter. Go into the house, go into the living room, and into the room on your right. Read the info then go upstairs into the bedroom. It isHidden in that room. Frob around alittle and you will find it. Yes, it fits the lock box that opens the grate you speak of. And also you will find the lockpicking manual in that book store.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Hi Pedro, Go to theBook store owners house right next to the well area in SouthQuarter. Go into the house, go into the living room, and into the room on your right. Read the info then go upstairs into the bedroom. It isHidden in that room. Frob around alittle and you will find it. Yes, it fits the lock box that opens the grate you speak of. And also you will find the lockpicking manual in that book store.
    Thanks Rod, checking now...

Just a word of warning, although this might have been covered somewhere earlier in this thread: Don't get Basso onto to the ship too early before your other objectives are not finished. I found out the hard way and it is a good thing I had a previous save.

I assume that the 'How To Sail A 3 Masted Pirate Ship For Dummies' instructional book is in the private reading room. I am still having problems locating the key to getting in there. I think it is in Stonemarket, but I am not sure where.

The scroll mentions the guy who took the key being a heavy drinker so I'd suggest having a good look round the tavern in Stonemarket.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    The guy who took the key is a heavy drinker so I'd suggest having a good look round the tavern in Stonemarket.
    Thanks Nickie, I will go check that out.

not liking this map at all.

I have not got a bloody clue where to go or what to do.

To many zombies on the map, And the lighting is very bad can not see my screen for a good 10 seconds every time it goes of.

Is it possible to touch the Eye in the Pawn shop in any way? Thought someone made a comment here...?! Donīt want to miss an Easter egg

Lord Soth, check your options in the game and put up your gamma somewhat.
    It wasn't too dark for me.
    Just start roaming the streets and check for locks and houses to get into. Sometimes you have to use a rope arrow to get in somewhere. You need to collect stuff to make an exploding device to open up the barrackaded entrance to the docks.

No Florian, you can't get into the pawn shop.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Great Game Brethren.

Thanks.

I just finished.

Difficult for finding needed items at times, but one just needs to look thoroughly and read everything.

Florian, one easter egg was in SouthQuarter, or Garretts Home Turf with 4 really 'cool' guys enjoying a hot tub and some drinks. There are a few places here and there that you can do some major rooftopping. I also found a couple of buttons to push on the rooftops in the Docks area, but it is probably a good idea to save before doing any off limits rooftopping. I tried to get to that Keeper but it was too troublesome so I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Is it possible to touch the Eye in the Pawn shop in any way? Thought someone made a comment here...?! Donīt want to miss an Easter egg
    It's possible indeed... just get very close to the window and lean forward.

Ghost

Stash hunt...

I know for a fact that I found at least two of the four stashes: the one in Southquarter where a thirsty teetotaler would go and the one past the barricades, opening on the right. I think I got another one, possibly the one in Stonemarket Proper -- but I'm not sure.

I know there's supposed to be one there, somewhere, and also one "near Terces Plaza"... but I'm not at all sure where Terces Plaza is located (is that where the statue stands?) In any event, I cannot find either of them now, even if I might have found and raided one of them earlier.

Can I get a location for the two remaining stashes, the one in Stonemarket Proper and the one near Terces Plaza? Thanks!

Dafydd

Here you go.
    Terces Courtyard - up high on the wall south of the round tower
    Stonemarket Proper - opposite Jack's front door behind trees.

Terces Courtyard go past the statue park towards Norrington Court where the key to City Watch Storage was and the metal plate and it's just through the arch.

Ghost
    Thanks, Nikkie, but -- I don't know where Norrington Court is, either! To get to Terces Plaza, I should go past statue park in which compass direction, please?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Sorry - I haven't got it loaded up so can't do a compass direction. Face the statue and turn right. go past the crates and under the arch, at least I think it's an arch - the opening anyway.

Edit. I've got it loaded now - it's East.
    Last edited by nickie; 24th Apr 2012 at 06:22.

stuck again...

i found that book with the red lock instruction, i dinīt understand it, so i tryed to open the red lock by trial and i sucessed , i found two gunpowder barrels, and left them above two crates in the barricade at the docks entrance, but i seem to be missing somethin to place above the barrel in the barricade, what is it?, also i am able to get to the other side of the fence with the impaled guard women by climbing the balcony and jumping to there, but once there i canīt get out and i donīt know the code for the buttons in the wall, also thereīs a locked door within the tomes raider library wich i canīt open, where is its key?

For the third item you have to collect some things to make an explosive device and you'll find a scroll telling you what you need with hints where to get them in the inventor's house in Stonemarket.

You can shoot a rope arrow up to under the roof above the fence to get out of that area. For the electric puzzle you need to place something you found in the room with barrels and then figure out the code to enter which will open the gate to Stonemarket.

The key to the locked door in the bookstore is in Stonemarket. The scroll under the chair mentions someone taking the key who likes to drink a lot so have look round the tavern in Stonemarket.

Thanks Nickie, but the tavern is inacessible, since thereīs a locked gate between us...
    I also replaced the transformet metal cylinder with a golden metal cylinder, what now?

Sorry cardia - I was answering all your questions at once. You'll get the things you need, including that key, once you've got through the gate to Stonemarket.

Now, you need to work out the code for the electrics.

Ghost

The FM that wouldn't end...!

All right, I must be missing something blindingly obvious.

I completed all the objectives prior to taking Basso through the barricade and onto the ship. Once on the ship, I dropped him off below decks (in the large crate that held the fire arrows), and that objective checked off; I pushed the gangplank away into the water. I spun the wheel. And now...

Nothing. The last two objectives -- don't get Basso killed and finish all other tasks before bringing Basso through (which I did) -- remain unchecked.

I hunted all around the ship, both on deck and in the water, looking for lines to cast off, but no luck. I tried to climb up to the crow's nest to unfurl the sails, but again nothing up there to frob. So now I'm just standing here like an idiot. What's up? What haven't I done?

Dafydd

Edit: I discovered that if I pick up Basso and drop him back onto the deck (below decks), the gangplank reattaches itself to the ship; I have to frob it again, and then refrob the wheel, after which I get the "objective completed" chime... but there is no change in the objective list, and all the things that were checked off before are still checked off now. And it still doesn't end. Is there something else I'm supposed to do, or is this just a glitch in the mission?
    Last edited by Dafydd; 24th Apr 2012 at 20:03.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast