TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bad Hangover, April 15th, 2012 - an entry for the Reloaded Contest #2

Can't get going......

This FM has me stymied. I have only been to the bookstore owner's apartment and to his store where I read everything there. I've dodged zombies looking upwards for somewhere to go but alas, I'm still stuck wandering my own neighborhood. I found some loot up on a balcony and a concealed toolbox near the well but I can't find access to any other areas other people have posted about. For the sake of humanity can someone tell me how to escape my neigborhood?

@Dafydd - Are any objectives unchecked, besides "Don't kill Basso"?

@Bobber - You need to get into Stonemarket to continue the mission. Have you noticed the keypad by the power station area? How about the City Watch storage with the red lock? There's also a alcove near the Stonemarket gate you might want to check out.

@Cardia - nickie is right - you need the code to overload the system. Check out the document on the wall in an area above the keypad. Once you read that, find the four coils spread throughout Southquarter and then make your calculations.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    @Bobber go backinto the bookstore and look high and low for a special book. Read the poster in the City Watch Station in SouthQuarter.

a friend told me already the code, even so i was going to check the code via Dromed, how would i ever figure out the code by calculating the coils numbers

Here's the "code" for the power system for anyone who had difficulty getting it:

Add numbers for all coils: 87 + 120 + 141 + 159 = 507

The status report (in the area above the keypad) mentions two important things:

1. Coil D is on an isolated circuit, so you can subtract that out.
    2. Coil B is running at +10% of it's normal voltage.

So...

507 (Total of all coils) - 159 (Coil D) + 12 (10% of Coil B) = 360

If you think that's hard, that was actually the simplified version, just ask my beta testers.
    Last edited by Brethren; 24th Apr 2012 at 21:49.

Ghost
    Brethren, I currently have two unchecked objectives:

• I think it's pretty obvious that I don't want to get Basso killed.
    • That fire looks unstable. I better finish all my other tasks before bringing Basso through.

Prior to going through the barricade, I believe I had two other objectives unchecked:

• Looks like I need to get out of The City fast. By boat seems to be the best way.
    • Alright, now to get Basso on board that ship, below deck would be safest.

Every other objective was completed and checked off: Find out, navigate, food, money, coordinates, the way to the Docks, inventor, disable power, sextant et al, all weapons stashes.

Dafydd

Ghost
    One possibility; when I took Basso through the barricade, I used this route:

From the gate into the Docks, I carried him through the fire (having earlier doused some of the flames with the water bucket) to the point where I could see the zombies milling about near the door with the weapon locker (which I had already looted earlier).

Thence I roped up the wall at my back and walked atop various walls until I came to the buildings whose roofs had the carpet texture. I walked along them to the rocks.

I slid down the rocks, went up and over a couple of pinnacles, and down to the ground right next to the water in which the ship awaited.

I crept along the very edge of the land, mantled onto the gangplank, and went aboard. When I dropped him below decks, that objective did indeed tick off.

I'm wondering if the mission somehow did not detect that I had actually carried Basso successfully from the Docks gate to the ship. Does it detect that Basso was carried through the barricade by noting his presence further down from where I roped up, like in the zombie mosh pit or inside the dock area near the drunkard captain's pub? If so, I might have bypassed the trigger that would have checked off the objective not to take him through the barricade until all other objectives are complete.

(I have no idea; I'm just guessing!)

Are things supposed to collapse behind me as I carry Basso through? I don't remember anything like that happening.

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 24th Apr 2012 at 23:00.

Dafydd - someone else had this problem, there is an invisible AI just past the fire, at the top of the stairs that should "see" Basso and deactivate the "fire looks unstable" objective. Obviously that didn't happen for you. You could try taking Basso back there and see if it works like it should, but the last person this happened to didn't have any luck trying. I don't know what causes this, none of my beta testers had any problems here.

Edit: Here's a pic of where the invisible AI is. You can see in the background that after the AI sees Basso, the fire will collapse and a crate will block your way back.
    Last edited by Brethren; 24th Apr 2012 at 23:31.

Ghost
    Well, it shouldn't be that difficult, Breth; I can go back to an earlier save just before hoisting Basso onto my shoulders, and this time I'll loiter for a bit and let him (her?) get a good look at me!

Then I'll repeat my previous trek, and all should be well.

Dafydd

Edit 1: Crimenentalies! I went back to a save before I ever took Bassoon through the fire. I lugged him through it, down to the stairs, and all the way down and into the room on the right... and still that blasted auditor didn't see me or check off that objective!

I even tried running right through the zombie scrum, Basso on my shoulders, running round and round until they finally pulled me down... but at no time did that objective get checked off.

How far exactly need I go before Mr. Invisible Observer admits that I went through the fire? Yeesh.

Edit 2: For that matter, even when I went through the first time, I had to come out the exit from the fire area to the stairs, before I could turn around and climb my rope arrow (which I had conveniently left dangling from when I was taffing around there earlier). Why didn't IO see me that time? I must've walked right in front of him.

Maybe he had turned around to face the wall for some unfathomable reason? I'll try dropping Basso and picking him up a couple of times.

Edit 3: Nope; nada. It seems that nothing will make IO see me and Baboon.

I don't think it was caused by my circuitous route to ghost this mission (which I did, except for the two explosions, of course -- which are mandatory!) I think there's something wrong with the Invisible Observer.

Edit 4: Is the IO connected to that human AI dressed in blue that I saw in the blue room? I don't remember exactly where it was, but I saw him when I was roofing to get to the hot tub secret -- he was down there with an electric thingie and some other stuff that looked like it was to be teleported in later, or else had already been teleported in, perhaps in exchange for another. (Now that I think about it, the electrical antenna thing next to the gate from Southquarter into Stonemarket wasn't sparking when I first saw it; then when I did what I'm supposed to do, it was sparking. I'm guessing the old antenna was teleported out and the new, sparking one was teleported in.)

So was the guy in blue supposed to be teleported to the top of the stairs and made invisible and insubstantial at some point? I don't know whether he's still there; I certainly didn't molest him.

Aha! I remember when I was in the area near the old captain's tavern, I ended up on the roof of some building. Below me was a frobbable wooden plank -- the gang plank? -- which went from sloping up to lying flat when frobbed, and also a couple of floating buttons, which I probably pressed. (I can't help it; to paraphrase Ringo, I'm a born button-presser!)

Could those buttons have screwed up the sequence that leads to the IO observing me coming through the passage with Basso?

Maybe you could ask the other person who had that trouble if he or she also found and poked those two buttons. If that's the problem, then just moving them to somewhere more inaccessible might solve the problem. Or making them invisible, to remove temptation from curious taffers...

Edit 5: So what did I miss at the very end? What's supposed to happen when I spin the wheel on the ship? Does it sail out to sea, or does the game just end?

If I had been beta testing, I would have made a couple of suggestions. Two objectives are mandatory ghost busts, but they could have been avoided. For killing the power in Southquarter, the electrical explosion could have been made quiet enough that, if the AI were all out of the immediate gate area, they wouldn't hear it.

And for the main explosion opening the path to the Docks, I had what I think is a super cool idea. Even though I waited until no zombie was in sight, they still all heard it and came running (well, quick shuffling).

So what if the readable that mentions the explosives also noted that if the explosion is to occur in a crowded area, the sound can be suppressed by a "muffling pad," which is described as "similar to a mattress." Then you could include a couple of loose mattresses somewhere that go into inventory.

If a player is ghosting, he can drop a mattress over each barrel, which would reduce the noise to the point where a zombie would only hear it if he's within, say, ten feet. Otherwise, he's not alerted. (And if the player isn't ghosting, he can just do it the normal way, and to heck with the zombies!)

-- DaH
    Last edited by Dafydd; 25th Apr 2012 at 04:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Here's the "code" for the power system for anyone who had difficulty getting it:

Add numbers for all coils: 87 + 120 + 141 + 159 = 507

The status report (in the area above the keypad) mentions two important things:

1. Coil D is on an isolated circuit, so you can subtract that out.
    2. Coil B is running at +10% of it's normal voltage.

So...

507 (Total of all coils) - 159 (Coil D) + 12 (10% of Coil B) = 360

If you think that's hard, that was actually the simplified version, just ask my beta testers.
    i hate to admit but im terrible with math and not to mention that i still have difficulties to understand some English Words...come on Mike you should have made the gameplay more acessible for "Normal" difficult mode ...still thanks for the mission.

@Dafydd - Sorry about all the trouble you're having. The invisible AI is rigged to see Basso, not you, so it shouldn't trigger until you carry him through. But obviously for you, it's not triggering at all, and this didn't happen during testing, so I'm not sure what the solution is. It's not connected to any other events or scripting or buttons or anything, so it should work regardless of what you do elsewhere.

As far as ghosting? I love ghosting too, but some levels just aren't built for it. This is one of them. I wanted my explosions and chaos. Beyond just staying alive, there really aren't any logical consequences for breaking a ghost when the only adversary are a bunch of zombies anyway.

And yeah, nothing as fancy as the ship sailing off - as long as everything is complete, the mission just ends when you spin the wheel. Hoping to fix all the issues with this level in the future and releaese an update, maybe I'll rig up a camvator with G & B sailing off.

@cardia - Good idea, might simplify the math calculations on lower difficulty levels in a future version. Hope you got some fun out of the mission regardless.

Game now crashes!

I seem to be having a problem with this FM and can't figure it out. Now when I go to pick up any object the game crashes to the desktop. This happens each time I right click on a frobbed object (like an arrow). Very frustrating. Using Win7 32bit .
    It didn't start happening until I noticed the frame rate beginning to crawl. Restarted a couple times but the problem persists.
    Any suggestions are appreciated as I want to play this one! Thanks.

edit: still crashing. I ran a couple other T2 FM's as well as the original T2 game and all ran smoothly. Came back to this FM and sure enough, the crashing continues. Since I don't want to do a reinstall of T2 I may have to give up playing this one at this time. Nuts.
    Last edited by bobber; 25th Apr 2012 at 16:31.

Bobber, two questions -

Is this happening after you've rescued Basso?
    Is this happening somewhere in the vicinity of the blockade to The Docks?

Bobber, two questions -

1. No
    2. Yes, in the storage unit next to the blockade.

Ghost
    Brethren, actually the mission is perfectly fine for ghosting! (Takes a long time, though.) If it wasn't for those two dadgum explosions...

Dafydd

Bobber, two questions -

TheMore time spent in game mode, the engine can no longer render objects. And or, exceeding the brush limit with objects created in game.

It would be a great idea to find out how long the players were in The game before the crashes occur.
    The longest I have been in normal or expert difficutly was 1 hour 24 minutes. Start to finish.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 26th Apr 2012 at 00:06.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    It would be a great idea to find out how long the players were in The game before the crashes occur.
    Just for the record, my time on Expert so far:

4 hours 50 minutes with no crashes.

Ghost
    Pikers! My time on expert ghosting was over eight hours. Of course, that wasn't all in one go; I'm not Ironmanning it. Though I have had the computer on and the game running for several days now, on the menu screen and having pushed the Start button on the keyboard to minimize the game.

I experienced no crashes, and the only game error was what I noted above: The Invisible Observer failed to observe Basso as I carried him towards the ship, so he never checked off the objective about the fire or caused the barricade to collapse behind me. (The non-observation occurred at about 7:52 or 7:53 into the game.)

Dafydd

okay taffers..
    got to stonemarket after a bit of riddling things out..
    but I cant open the red lock in the watch post... I'm sure I got the sequence right but the lock keeps resetting....
    spare a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji View Post
    okay taffers..
    got to stonemarket after a bit of riddling things out..
    but I cant open the red lock in the watch post... I'm sure I got the sequence right but the lock keeps resetting....
    spare a clue?
    Hi , did you You are talking about the orange lock below a large window that has a body in the small cell? If so, you need to find the thin hooked lockpick first or, do you need help with just the sequence and already have the third lockpick?

Hi , did you You are talking about the orange lock below a large window that has a body in the small cell? If so, you need to find the thin hooked lockpick first or, do you need help with just the sequence and already have the third lockpick?
    guess I mistook the lock for a red one..
    I could use a clue to find that pick

You'll find clues to that one when you get to the bunkhouse at the Docks.

TheMore time spent in game mode, the engine can no longer render objects. And or, exceeding the brush limit with objects created in game.

The longest I have been in normal or expert difficutly was 1 hour 24 minutes. Start to finish.
    Ok, here's what I did and so far I'm still playing after about 35 minutes into it. I restarted the game, normal mode this time and did little searching except to make a beeline to the bookeepers apartment and then to his shop to read up on the locks. From there I went to the dockside storage and grabbed everything ASAP then bolted out. No crashes thusfar so I have begun my search to find out what to do next. Framerate continues to be a little iffy but still playable. Hopefully by escaping the dockside crash issue I can proceed along and enjoy the mission. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Ok, here's what I did and so far I'm still playing after about 35 minutes into it. I restarted the game, normal mode this time and did little searching except to make a beeline to the bookeepers apartment and then to his shop to read up on the locks. From there I went to the dockside storage and grabbed everything ASAP then bolted out. No crashes thusfar so I have begun my search to find out what to do next. Framerate continues to be a little iffy but still playable. Hopefully by escaping the dockside crash issue I can proceed along and enjoy the mission. Keeping my fingers crossed....
    I'm having a similar problem. For me the game crashes after I've "opened" the gate to Stonemarket. I've tried playing the game differently just before or just after this point to see if that affects things any. No matter what I do, within a minute or so of flipping the power switch the game crashes. It's happened 5 times today. I'm about 46 minutes into the game. For now I'm giving up on this mission. It's the only mission I've ever played that has done this.

OK, for the life of me, how do I get out of the first area? The door is barricaded, and all I've found is the landlord's key.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast