TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bad Hangover, April 15th, 2012 - an entry for the Reloaded Contest #2

Something must be wrong with my installation.

I put the spring from the City Watch storage in the compartment near the Stonemarket electric coil, went back to the electrical station, entered 360, flipped the switch, but nothing happens.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    Something must be wrong with my installation.

I put the spring from the City Watch storage in the compartment near the Stonemarket electric coil, went back to the electrical station, entered 360, flipped the switch, but nothing happens.
    Then afterward:Walk up to the gate and frob it, and it will lift.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Then afterward:Walk up to the gate and frob it, and it will lift.
    Actually, I tried reinstalling the custom scripts, and it worked. Thank you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    @dbrilliant - Let me know how you used the machine and what happened. Even if you place any of the ingredients in the wrong slot(s), they should drop out of the output slot so you can try again.

@marbien - Weird, like I mentioned to FireMage, as soon as you get past the fire with Basso, the objective should disappear, and the fire area should collapse behind you, blocking your path. Maybe try to bring Basso back to point where you came through the fire again and see if it will trigger. The trigger spot is the top of the stairs after you come out of the small, tight corrider after the fire. Also, see if your path is blocked, there should be a new crate at the first doorway past the fire that stops you from going back to the previous parts of the mission.
    I tried with plate and TNT gel on left as well as trigger core on right. 2 times, it kept on running longer but nothing came out and the buttons were not frobbable as well as the gold name tags were not readable... Will reboot my pc...

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    I tried with plate and TNT gel on left as well as trigger core on right. 2 times, it kept on running longer but nothing came out and the buttons were not frobbable as well as the gold name tags were not readable... Will reboot my pc...
    After 4 times, it made the shielded charge. I was able to try and detonate it, but it fails the mission everytime. Somethings nt right...

DoH! I didn't see something else I should've placed with the charge to give it a real bang....
    Need to get the key to the chest in the bunkhouse... I believe that's where the hook pick is that I need to resuce Basso..

alright, I've gotten Basso to the boat, but I'm missing a nautical chart (the map doesn't count?) and some food. hints to location of the first?
    I did figure out the secret on Black Alley, though!

It's not hidden. Have a look round the tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    I had a similar problem right now:
    The golden plaque near one of the locks didn't have any text assigned to it. I've opened the mission in DromEd and noticed that Brethren is using NVScript for a lot of stuff.

Thus, it's the old problem with NVScript not working from time to time (playing on Windows 7 x64).
    I did a quick check with some of the other objectives in the mission and it seems like a lot of them are also triggered by some NVScripts (e.g. NVRelayTrap).

I think that the following might help some of you to complete the mission:
    1. go to any combination lock and frob the golden plaque
    2. if no text appears, restart your system and try again

Don't try to use any machines or story-related items if those golden plaques near the combination locks do not display any text! Remember to restart your system in such a case.

EDIT

Finished the mission! Congrats on releasing such an entertaining mission Brethren! I like it very much
    Last edited by intruder; 20th Apr 2012 at 04:40.

Man! Sorry to all re: all the crashes/errors , I didn't realize NVScript could potentially cause so many issues. And none of these things ever came up during beta testing (we had one minor issue, but not to the degree some of you are experiencing). darthsLair also mentioned that I'm pushing the limits a bit with object count, and that may be causing some problems too.

I hope to put out a revised edition over the weekend sometime, which might make things run smoother.

You'll make an update? Great! I'm sure that it shall be more pleasant if you remove all trouble, It was too bad to get a bug like I have. If you do another version, I'll play it.

where is the switch for the captains cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Man! Sorry to all re: all the crashes/errors , I didn't realize NVScript could potentially cause so many issues. And none of these things ever came up during beta testing (we had one minor issue, but not to the degree some of you are experiencing). darthsLair also mentioned that I'm pushing the limits a bit with object count, and that may be causing some problems too.

I hope to put out a revised edition over the weekend sometime, which might make things run smoother.
    It's not your fault. I played your mission on Wednesday and Thursday without any problems. Just today NVScript didn't seem work before the reboot

If think that Haplo once put a nice test into one of his missions, telling you right away whether NVScript is currently working or not. I think he displayed some text when it was not working...you should ask Haplo for further details.

Clearinghouse
    I have all objectives except two "...By boat seems to be the best way" and "Basso is still alive, but locked up. I'll have to break him out". Help!

Don't worry about the first one for now. For the 2nd you need to unlock the small cell near the Hammerite church. For that you need the thin/hooked lockpick - have you found that yet?

Thanks Intruder... I am stuck.. I performed a third body search on a corpse near the tavern and got the key. After retreiving the hook pick, I cannot leave the docks. The game crashes everytime. I reloaded and started the mission from scratch and it quits to the desktop everytime as soon as I hit the second gate. I believe it has something to do with NVscript(s)..... Help......

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    have you found that yet?
    No. Still looking for 3rd lockpick.

If you go to the bunkhouse, upstairs there's a note from Basso and downstairs there's a book on a barrel you need to read. It will mention what happened to Basso, what happened to his things and that the key to the footlocker was given to Emeline and where you can find her.

Sorry dbrilliant, I can't help with your problem.

Great mission so far.I like the way thunder affects on zombies,though,I find this mission very hard.
    good job,Brethren !

If you go to the bunkhouse, upstairs there's a note from Basso and downstairs there's a book on a barrel you need to read. It will mention what happened to Basso, what happened to his things and that the key to the footlocker was given to Emeline and where you can find her.

Sorry dbrilliant, I can't help with your problem.
    Thanks Nickie.... I'll try to totally un-install and re-install T2.

Clearinghouse
    If you go to the bunkhouse, upstairs there's a note from Basso and downstairs there's a book on a barrel you need to read.
    I can't find a book on a barrel...

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I can't find a book on a barrel...
    Hi Clearing, you mean it is not:DownStairs, Sitting on top of the barrel that is on the floor located between the Bar Counter and Tall Shelf? If it is not then:It is not rendered in game.

Clearinghouse
    Found it! Thanks

I have had so much trouble with pesky zombies.....
    if I lay them out with a sword and leave the area they turn up again a long way from where they are dropped,scaring the daylights out of me.. when I turn a corner ,where there wasnt a zombie before...there now is an unconsious one,standing up looking at the wall,lol,and growling when I go by.....one I watched shoot accross the floor,on his back near the fountain..jiggling really fast,like having a fit and grumbling.He shot right in behind the railings of the power place,stood up and got lodged behind the fake doorway,and just his hands are visible through the door as he walks there for eternity...I got a bit fed up,playing "where's the zombi now",lol,that I lured every other zombie to where the alarm is going off and shut the door....peace at last,and there are loads of them in there now all groaning away together I will have to get a screeny of them
    Love the mission so far tho,and the above only added to the fun

After uninstalling T2, Darkloader and tafferpatcher and re-installing everything from scrath. I started the mission which I re-downloaded again just in case. Upon gaining the hook pick, the mission still ends at the second gate going from the docks to South quarter. Before entereing the tavern, I was able to get to Southquarter with no problem. It's justm when I get the food and hookpick, it shuts down to the desktop.

Brethren, are you releasing another version I hope. Because I like thiis mission. I so close but yet so far away.... I would play it again if you have another version coming.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast