TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 17 1234561116 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 421

Thread: Thief's Rising, an 8 mission set for Thief DS - 21/04/2012

  1. #1
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England

    Thief's Rising, an 8 mission set for Thief DS - 21/04/2012

    Hi guys.
    I'm new to this forums business but just wanted to let all you Thief DS FM fans know of an 8 level campaign that I have (for the most part) completed building.
    It's no where near as polished as I would have liked, as I still have a lot to learn about map building, particularly on the point of AI interactive conversations, etc, along with many other aspects. But I have spent a full year of my spare time learning how and building it, with help from Komags tutorial and, of course, the ttlg forums, and don't wish to spend any more of my life on it.

    This campaign is about a new character, who shall remain annonymous, who's young life takes a turn for the worse and is forced to live on the streets where he begins his life of thievery. Set shortly after the demise of the Hag, in a different city on an island far off the shore of the Docks. The story unfolds over eight consecutive, single loading, missions, but forces a very stealth intensive style of play, so if you don't like that, don't play it!

    Having play tested it myself, countless times, despite knowing what to do, each level takes an average of one hour to complete.

    Hope you enjoy playing it as much as I have enjoyed building it.

    Thief's Rising has now been superseded by Thief's Rising - Gold Edition, which you can get here;
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...53#post2184053

    But if you insist on playing this version and need some help, here is a Walkthrough made by Fortuni.
    Last edited by Adsk1; 18th Mar 2017 at 08:46. Reason: Changed Walkthrough URL

  2. #2
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    Wow! Thank you Downloading.

  3. #3
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Wow, Thankyou !

  4. #4
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2007
    Location: South Coast,England uk
    congrats...downloading now

  5. #5
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    The game freezes after a couple of seconds

  6. #6
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Texas
    So does stealth intensive mean forced ghosting and limited knock outs? I hope not!

  7. #7
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Thanks for a new campaign, Adsk1 !
    Downloading... (but why has it to be a file-hoster where we need to provide our email-adress ?)
    Estaimated time for the download to complete : >1 hour

  8. #8
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    Adsk1, check your e-mail.

  9. #9
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    So does stealth intensive mean forced ghosting and limited knock outs? I hope not!
    No limit on knock outs, on levels where you are able to.
    Not sure I fully understand the term 'Ghosting', there are some missions where you mustn't be seen, but you can make noise to distract guards, etc.

  10. #10
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Thanks for a new campaign, Adsk1 !
    Downloading... (but why has it to be a file-hoster where we need to provide our email-adress ?)
    Estaimated time for the download to complete : >1 hour
    This is my first time using a file hoster and this was the first one I came across that would allow free unlimited upload/downloads on files larger than 300MB.

    Sorry for any inconvienience. Any recommened suggestions on better ones would be appreciated.

  11. #11
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    I do not use any file-hosters at all, so I can not really give advice, but I would have expected that MegaUpload or ny other hosters which are commonly used on this forum for new missions would be suitable.
    Every downloader having to provide his email-adress is quite disencouraging... and people will wait until it becomes availlable elsewhere.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 21st Apr 2012 at 12:22.

  12. #12
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I do not use any file-hosters at all, so I can not really give advice, but I would have expected that MegaUpload or ny other hosters which are commonly used on this forum for new missions would be suitable.
    Every downloader having to provide his email-adress is quite disencouraging... and people will wait until it becomes availlable elsewhere.
    Megaupload was shut down. I could suggest rapidshare, but only ten downloads are available.

  13. #13
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I do not use any file-hosters at all, so I can not really give advice, but I would have expected that MegaUpload or ny other hosters which are commonly used on this forum for new missions would be suitable.
    Every downloader having to provide his email-adress is quite disencouraging... and people will wait until it becomes availlable elsewhere.
    Yeah, I didn't check here first, I just Googled File hosters and that was the first one on the list that matched my requirements. Anyway, I know for future reference.

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Has it been betatested? If not & you're really burned out on working on it, maybe someone else can take up the betatesting to relieve you. Betatesting is essential! But if it has, then no worries.
    Anyway congrats on the release in any event.

  15. #15
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    I think some people use Rapidshare though I don't know the limit and I've used Adrive which will host up to 50 GB on the free plan. It can be tricky uploading though.

  16. #16
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    The game freezes after a couple of seconds
    The same here. Mission starts and I see my room. Then the graphics go weird and that's it.

    Oh, and GarrettLoader says that the mission supports english, german, french and italian.
    But I can see that most text files are EMPTY for anything else but ENGLISH.
    So, the only option is to configure the default-language in GarrettLoader to ENGLISH before installing the mission.
    Otherwise you would see empty texts.
    Adsk1, I think if you entirely remove ALL non-english strings from all the files in the Briefing-folder, then GL should realize that this is a ENGLISH-ONLY mission and install it properly in ENGLISH; no matter what people have set as default.

  17. #17
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    The same here. Mission starts and I see my room. Then the graphics go weird and that's it.

    Oh, and GarrettLoader says that the mission supports english, german, french and italian.
    But I can see that most text files are EMPTY for anything else but ENGLISH.
    So, the only option is to configure the default-language in GarrettLoader to ENGLISH before installing the mission.
    Otherwise you would see empty texts.
    Adsk1, I think if you entirely remove ALL non-english strings from all the files in the Briefing-folder, then GL should realize that this is a ENGLISH-ONLY mission and install it properly in ENGLISH; no matter what people have set as default.
    I was going to copy the English to the other languages before uploading but never got around to it. But what you're saying about GL makes sense!... See, still learning.

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    I was going to copy the English to the other languages before uploading but never got around to it. But what you're saying about GL makes sense!... See, still learning.
    Nobody is perfect.
    And that is the reason why not even HIGHLY DECORATED FM authors would not dare to release a mission untested.

  20. #20
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    The game freezes after a couple of seconds
    When I first started testing using GL the first room would appear and as soon as I moved the mouse (walking forward, backwards or side to side not included here) the screen would fail to refresh until I stopped turning. I checked online for similar problems and found a remedy, that almost completely fixed the problem. That involved the [flesh] settings as put in the user_patch.ini file.

    When I tested it on another computer, using a new install of Thief - DS, this problem didn't occur. So I did a complete uninstall and reinstall on my own compiter and the problem wasn't there anymore.

    So I left the user_patch.ini as it was in case anyone else needed those settings.

  21. #21
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Nice one Clearing. Thank you for the mirror!

  22. #22
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    I re-installed TDS. Patch to 1.1. Install GarrettLoader. I see the first room and the game freezes after a couple of seconds.

  23. #23
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I re-installed TDS. Patch to 1.1. Install GarrettLoader. I see the first room and the game freezes after a couple of seconds.
    This is most annoying, for both of us. Don't really know what to say, or do about that.

    Would the operating system make any difference? Both systems I tested it on were Windows 7, My desktop is Ultimate and a laptop with Home basic.

    Anyone with more knowhow have any ideas on this?

  24. #24
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Has any one had the game playing fine yet?

  25. #25
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    It works! I added the folder "Shaders" with some files.

Page 1 of 17 1234561116 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •