TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising, an 8 mission set for Thief DS - 21/04/2012

Quote Originally Posted by LDV View Post
    Really like the campaign thus far, but stuck at mission 6:

where are the invites - I've been to both kitchens and can't see anything to pick up?
    Maybe there is a bug and the invites disappeared because I did something earlier in the mission that I wasn't supposed to do?
    They are on top of a plate at the back of the work top area in the corners near the double-doors. They are there from the start, and although readable, they can't be picked up until the objective enlightens you to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffer77 View Post
    I can't find the last newspaper. The one referred to in the letter doesn't make sense? I found the house of the person named but there is nothing in that area or by the river. I have even been to the fence's front door but I can't finish until I read the final newspaper. I need a direct hint please.
    As the letter mentions that the newspapers keep falling beneath the floor, look between the gaps in the planks of wood near the door of the correct house.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    They are on top of a plate at the back of the work top area in the corners near the double-doors. They are there from the start, and although readable, they can't be picked up until the objective enlightens you to do so.
    Could you please be more specific.
    Do you mean the in the corner of one of the kitchens (there are two right?), or in the corner of the two bars on the main deck (where the boats are)? I've searched everywhere including the entire restaurant area and the top deck with the swimming pool and still cannot find them. The only readables are in the captain's cabin as well as at the bridge (where the steering wheel is).

Could you please be more specific.
    Do you mean the in the corner of one of the kitchens (there are two right?), or in the corner of the two bars on the main deck (where the boats are)? I've searched everywhere including the entire restaurant area and the top deck with the swimming pool and still cannot find them. The only readables are in the captain's cabin as well as at the bridge (where the steering wheel is).
    Starting in the dinging area facing the kitchens double doors. The kitchen on the right is the one you want. As soon as you step into this kitchen immediately look to your left, behind the now open door, to see a plate in the corner of the work top. On this plate is the invites.

Hope that helps.

Mission 3 - security area

I really need help....I'm now in the secure area, knocked out all guards. When i try to steal the two things in the right display cabinet (room in the middle, 2 display cabinets) the game crashes.....I hope they are not needed but i guess a skript activates and taht crashes my game....the other thing is, i moved the crates in front of the wooden wall, i can see a way behind that, is that where i'm supposed to go, and if, how do i move the wooden wall???

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    I really need help....I'm now in the secure area, knocked out all guards. When i try to steal the two things in the right display cabinet (room in the middle, 2 display cabinets) the game crashes.....I hope they are not needed but i guess a skript activates and taht crashes my game....the other thing is, i moved the crates in front of the wooden wall, i can see a way behind that, is that where i'm supposed to go, and if, how do i move the wooden wall???
    The items in the display cabinet of which you speak aren't needed and the crash is one of the bugs I am in the process of fixing. You need to find the "evidence" in one of the secure rooms before the door behind the crates can be opened.

The items in the display cabinet of which you speak aren't needed and the crash is one of the bugs I am in the process of fixing. You need to find the "evidence" in one of the secure rooms before the door behind the crates can be opened.
    thank you, bout now it crashes while the loading screen for mission four......to be honest...the missions are really interesting and fun. very good thief gameplay....but boy, it's a pain, so many bugs....it's really a shame because this could have been one of the best mission packs for thief....but it's ruined by it's bugs, crashes and really many things that anger the taffers to carzyness....maybe someone could help you because i really appreaciate what you did there.....AWESOME, but not really enjoyable :/

I'm really excited for a mission set for TDS, I've only just noticed it. Are there any reviews of the missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    thank you, bout now it crashes while the loading screen for mission four......to be honest...the missions are really interesting and fun. very good thief gameplay....but boy, it's a pain, so many bugs....it's really a shame because this could have been one of the best mission packs for thief....but it's ruined by it's bugs, crashes and really many things that anger the taffers to carzyness....maybe someone could help you because i really appreaciate what you did there.....AWESOME, but not really enjoyable :/
    Thanks for the feedback, but as I've already said, I am working on the bugs. If you could explain what you mean by "many things that anger the taffers" it would be helpful to me to maybe make adjustments to the missions that can make it more enjoyable.

Starting in the dinging area facing the kitchens double doors. The kitchen on the right is the one you want. As soon as you step into this kitchen immediately look to your left, behind the now open door, to see a plate in the corner of the work top. On this plate is the invites.

Hope that helps.
    OK, thanks got it. Sadly stuck again - now in mission 7. I went through my rival's room, read his letter, jumped and climbed up the ladder and have entered the ventilation shafts - but I can't find any way to exit this labyrinth (except for going back of course). There are my rival's footprints on the floor near the entrance, but besides that I am clueless as to where to go. I've tried every grating, but none are frobbable.

OK, thanks got it. Sadly stuck again - now in mission 7. I went through my rival's room, read his letter, jumped and climbed up the ladder and have entered the ventilation shafts - but I can't find any way to exit this labyrinth (except for going back of course). There are my rival's footprints on the floor near the entrance, but besides that I am clueless as to where to go. I've tried every grating, but none are frobbable.
    When in the ventilation shafts, think in more than two dimensions.

If that's not sufficient help...

Look for vertical shafts.

Mission 4

I've flipped the three switches, but I can't find the secret room!

Where is it?
    Last edited by nickie; 11th Jul 2012 at 09:13. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by mosterhouse View Post
    Mission 4

I've flipped the three switches, but I can't find the secret room!

Where is it?
    You only need one of the switches, the others are red herrings. The secret door is located in the garden with the vines in.
    Last edited by nickie; 11th Jul 2012 at 09:13. Reason: Spoiler cover added

cant find any information about the thief at the auction house stuck there for hours !
    any help with finding information about the thief and another way out of the auction house please ? or can some one upload a save at the beginning of each level . thanks
    Last edited by hammadnadeemx; 9th Jul 2012 at 05:44.

Quote Originally Posted by hammadnadeemx View Post
    cant find any information about the thief at the auction house stuck there for hours !
    any help with finding information about the thief and another way out of the auction house please ? or can some one upload a save at the beginning of each level . thanks
    You're looking for the evidence that was dropped in the secure storage room where the helmet was on show. Check those corners.

You're looking for the evidence that was dropped in the secure storage room where the helmet was on show. Check those corners.
    Thanks for the response . i wanted to ask you if all the gates in mission 4 with pad locks chained on them are open able or just few of them are ?

Cant find the last 5% of the streets on mission 1...

Quote Originally Posted by hammadnadeemx View Post
    Thanks for the response . i wanted to ask you if all the gates in mission 4 with pad locks chained on them are open able or just few of them are ?
    Only the ones where the lockpicks come into action, will open. There is also one area where you can get over the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    Cant find the last 5% of the streets on mission 1...
    Impossible to know which part you have missed, just be sure that you traverse every area, including the Auction House garden.

Impossible to know which part you have missed, just be sure that you traverse every area, including the Auction House garden.
    Ah that was the bit I havent managed to do, its far too well lit, any hints as how to do it..?

Ah that was the bit I havent managed to do, its far too well lit, any hints as how to do it..?
    I seem to recall that you could climb over the fence on the left side, using some crates and stack them on the staircase.
    But if you need to get out again, you will hear something like 'DIE TAFFER !!!' anyway...

i cant find the last newspaper but the objective is ticked because i read one news paper twice . please help. by the way there is an estate with huge boxes next to the wall but Garrett still cannot climb up , he wont grab the wall .

Edit : never mind i found all 6 of them but when i select the door of the fence house , he says some thing sooo fast that i cannot understand and nothing happens . saving and quick saving crashes the game but it apparently does save ( only in quick save mode ) . Can some upload the saves of every mission at the beginning .

Edit 2 : never mind . i figured it out . you just have to keep all dead bodies away from the fences house !
    Last edited by hammadnadeemx; 10th Jul 2012 at 17:00.

There are two ways that I was able to do it.
    1. Grab a crate from the room near to the auction house and lob it to the side of the guards to distract them away.
    2. This may depend on the difficulty setting. But you can get in by hugging the walls and getting into cover as soon as you enter the garden. Although the guards will notice something and go to investigate, as long as they don't find you they'll eventually give up and return to their posts. Use the same technique to get back out again, but timing is of the essence!

where is the key to the top most room in the mountain tower ?
    Last edited by hammadnadeemx; 11th Jul 2012 at 14:50.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast