TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising, an 8 mission set for Thief DS - 21/04/2012

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I am not quite sure I understand what you want me to do.
    Go and see if I can find more loot ?
    How many loot is there in mission 2 ?
    If there is more loot around then I have no idea where that might be.
    Or do you require me to restart the mission on a level where 81 % would be sufficient ?
    Yes, unfortunately you will have to play the mission again on a difficulty where 81% would be sufficient. Sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    ADSK1, at the beginning of the thirth mission i was able to climb that car with crates that is barricating the street and i was able to jump to the other side of the streets where by around the corner i see a skyboxe with houses silhuetes in the middle of the street

you might want to change this next time you update this sequel...Anyway iīm enjoying playing this sequel
    I did try to block that off with invisible walls but obviously there was a part that I missed!

Glad you're enjoying it though!

At the end of the sewer tunnel, on your right, a grate is missing from the passage, crawl inside and follow it to the end, then look up.
    Last edited by Adsk1; 26th Apr 2012 at 09:22.

John P's Texture Pack

Don't know if this is common knowledge but you can apply John P's Texture pack to Thief's Rising to make it look better.

You need to have John P's Texture pack installed for the main game.
    Then install Thief's Rising using GarrettLoader
    Go to your ...ThiefDS\Collective Texture Pack\ folder
    Run the ibt_patcher.exe application
    Once it has loaded, set the 'Pick a preset:' drop down menu to 'All high res textures'
    Click the green '+' to install
    Then start the game!

Thank you John P!

Note: If you change the installed FM you will need to re-install John P's textures next time you play Thief's Rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    Was still learning about the engine and editor back then and never got round to sorting that. The second mission is the same but without fog and then all the rest of the missions have proper sky boxes. I think it does look worse now, somehow, than when I used the Editor play version.

Thanks for the offer of the skyboxes, but I no longer plan to do any more to the FM. It is my first ever offering and I'm happy that I got it this far. Any future FM-ing will be done more thoroughly and professionally, though I expect that'll be with Thief 4.

EDIT: It's even worse with John P's texture pack! The star sky is grey compared to the original and it makes my hand made moon's edges show up.
    You just needed to set similar parameters in your LevelInfo -> ZoneInfo and SkyZoneInfo -> ZoneInfo. Both sections are the same, you need to enable bDistanceFog and then match the parameters in ZoneLight section for SkyZoneInfo and LevelInfo to see whether it looks right.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1...pboard02tb.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/218...board03ojw.jpg

language problem

Hi there,

THIS promises to be a very nice mission! Thanks to the Autor !

Unfortunately I'm still struggling with the language settings. I've read the posts above and tried/checked this so far:
    1) the language setting in GarrettLoader is already set to english.
    2) because I have the german version of TDS, the setting in user.ini is german. So I got into the user.ini and set the language there to english too. BUT after I save the file and check it again - I see that it has set itself back to "language=german". What am I doing wrong here?

I would really like to play this campaign. But it is difficult to play, when no objectives are displayed and on every readable it only says "german" and nothing else.

Could someone please tell me another trick and what to do to get that languages work properly ?

Many thanks in advance
    Urumo

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    Hi there,

THIS promises to be a very nice mission! Thanks to the Autor !

Unfortunately I'm still struggling with the language settings. I've read the posts above and tried/checked this so far:
    1) the language setting in GarrettLoader is already set to english.
    2) because I have the german version of TDS, the setting in user.ini is german. So I got into the user.ini and set the language there to english too. BUT after I save the file and check it again - I see that it has set itself back to "language=german". What am I doing wrong here?

I would really like to play this campaign. But it is difficult to play, when no objectives are displayed and on every readable it only says "german" and nothing else.

Could someone please tell me another trick and what to do to get that languages work properly ?

Many thanks in advance
    Urumo
    Just tried to use another language besides English by adding the [Locale] text to the user.ini file. However, it would appear that GL overwrites the user.ini each time the game is launched, so I checked in the ...\System\Default.ini file and found the following;

[Locale]
    ;Qualifiers for locale will be specified as follows:
    ;__a-english, __f-french, __i-italian, __g-german, __s-spanish
    ;Search code for cConfigManager::Get().AddQualifier('a') for clarification
    Language=english
    ;Language=french
    ;Language=italian
    ;Language=german
    ;Language=spanish
    AudioLanguage=English
    AggLanguage=EURO
    AggLanguage_fren=French
    ; Add to supported languages as their translates become available, any
    ; language-setting attempt to a language not on this list will get the
    ; 'show tags' mode instead of the actual text on-screen.
    SupportedLangs=english,french,italian,german
    If you set the semi-colons for all the 'Language' parameters as above maybe it'll fix the language issue.
    Fingers crossed!

I need someone to give me a hint on Mission 4 regarding the newspapers:

Broad question:

The two parts of town are separated by a bridge. I found 3 newspapers on the side of bridge where you start the mission. Are the other 3 on the OTHER side of the bridge or do I need to go back to the other side of town (without the gated houses) and find more papers?

Specific question

I can see what appears to be a paper in one of the guard houses right near the bridge crossing. Problem is, there is a bright light in front of the door to get in (which has to be lockpicked) and an un-BJ-able guard standing right in front. I can't see any way to distract him long enough to lockpick this thing. Is it possible? Is that note actually one of the papers? Is there any way to turn off the light?

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    I need someone to give me a hint on Mission 4 regarding the newspapers:

Broad question:

The two parts of town are separated by a bridge. I found 3 newspapers on the side of bridge where you start the mission. Are the other 3 on the OTHER side of the bridge or do I need to go back to the other side of town (without the gated houses) and find more papers?

Specific question

I can see what appears to be a paper in one of the guard houses right near the bridge crossing. Problem is, there is a bright light in front of the door to get in (which has to be lockpicked) and an un-BJ-able guard standing right in front. I can't see any way to distract him long enough to lockpick this thing. Is it possible? Is that note actually one of the papers? Is there any way to turn off the light?
    That is indeed the other paper! Two words, 'Gas Bombs'. Search the grounds of some of the other houses. Some gates are unlocked, some are locked but are unpickable and others are locked but CAN be picked. Also there is one area here that is accessible by climbing over a wall.

language problem - still

ADSK1:
    I checked that "default.ini" and it was already set exactly as shown in your post above. So I don't change anything in it. I think the does not lie in here. Hmmmm ... don't know what to do now.

Greetings - and thanks for your quick answer anyway
    Urumo

ADSK1:
    I checked that "default.ini" and it was already set exactly as shown in your post above. So I don't change anything in it. I think the does not lie in here. Hmmmm ... don't know what to do now.

Urumo
    Damn! I managed to change it so that I had the french version running, and like you had the books all saying just the word 'German' I had them all saying just the word 'French'. So I felt sure that was going to work.

Back to the drawing board.

ADSK1:

Urumo
    I still also have the same problem, the goals are not visible except for the loot goal, i can read books fortently, and i donīt know how to make properly the changes in the user.ini... and thatīs why i need someone to send me his/her user.ini file

language thingy

Adsk1,

in the meantime I've opened another fanmission for TDS (Cabal-The furious flames) that works fine for me and compared the files in the zip named CONTENT\Books\English\

Exactly like you, that autor had put his texts in those folders and files - with the only difference that the Cabal-Autor had a german translation word for word in the file.
    e.g.:
    lang_english ...
    lang-french ...
    lang_german ...
    etc.

In your files however are the entries as follows:
    lang_english ...
    lang_another (foreign, like french, german, etc) ... <">

MAYBE, if you had simply copied the english text into the foreign language text line, instead of using ["], the user had become able to read something - even if it had been "only" in english.

Sorry, I'm not brave in system and sub-system things, they are a holy mistery to me, so I had the idea to just compare your files with those from another autor.

For me personally it does not matter, if a readable text is displayed in english or in german - if only there would be something to read.

I have plenty of time this evening, so I will make a test, unzipping, correcting a significant text-line-file and re-zipping your mission pack - just to see, if it works.

So long,
    Urumo

Did you check that the user.ini is in the correct directory. user.ini must be in \games\Thief-DeadlyShadows not in \games\Thief-DeadlyShadows\system

language thingy again

FIREHAWK

AHA! - On my computer the "user.ini" is in ...\system - and not on the main level - maybe that alone does the trick - I will check that out immediately.

Adsk1:

YES. Removing the ["] in the text lines and replacing them with the original english text makes them appear in the gaming screen.
    But correcting all that files, replacing the " in the angled parentheses with the english text means an effort of pedantic work.
    Maybe Firehawk's suggestion is much easier. As said above - I'll check it out.

Urumo

No - all is on his right place: the file "user.ini" is in the right folder - in the main TDS-folder - as Firehawk said. And the language display in game is still not correct. -- Urumo
    Last edited by Urumo; 26th Apr 2012 at 13:52. Reason: process of investigation

So as anyone figure out how to make the goals visible?

Ok, I am tired of dying trying to make a jump at the start of Mission 5. What am I doing wrong?

Mission 5

I need some help finding the holy symbol I have everything else. Been from top to bottom and found where it used to sit on display but can't find it??

the holy symbol is in one of the Cells in the Dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Ok, I am tired of dying trying to make a jump at the start of Mission 5. What am I doing wrong?

I've done it a multitude of times in play-test, so I know it can be done. I have also died many times in play-test too, so I know it is difficult, that was intentional.

Are you jumping, but not quite making it? Then be braver and press the jump button a split second later!

Are you leaving the jump too late and just falling to your death without the jump effect? Then try jumping from a different part of the rock. I think there is a part of the rock that dips at the edge, thus dampening or preventing a jump.

FIREHAWK
    YES. Removing the ["] in the text lines and replacing them with the original english text makes them appear in the gaming screen.
    But correcting all that files, replacing the " in the angled parentheses with the english text means an effort of pedantic work.
    M
    Indeed it is a lot of work. And assuming that setting your game to English would remove the need to do that was the way I went.

I have already started doing just that, along with a few other book related changes that I will upload in a new full version as well as a books only 'patch'. Probably won't see that until early next week though.

This will NOT however fix the Mission Objectives since they are not contained in these text files.
    You say that you can see the Objective for the Loot count, is that in English?
    Last edited by Adsk1; 27th Apr 2012 at 04:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    Indeed it is a lot of work. And assuming that setting your game to English would remove the need to do that was the way I went.

I have already started doing just that, along with a few other book related changes that I will upload in a new full version as well as a books only 'patch'. Probably won't see that until early next week though.
    That sounds good news, does that also mean the goals will be visible?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    That sounds good news, does that also mean the goals will be visible?
    Alas no! The objectives are not contained in any of these text files. And I actually don't have a clue where they are stored.

Language Problem

Just had a brief search through the GarrettLoader Issues thread and found something that may help to fix the lack of visible objectives.

A user presented the problem of not being able to see the objectives, although he did not mention which language he was using.
    In the GL folder there is a Zip file (called T3MAIN) containing a replacement T3MAIN.EXE.
    Extract this and use to replace the one in your main Thief - Deadly Shadows\System folder.

Probably play safe and back up the original one first though!

How did i came into the graveyard in mission 7. i tried over the roofs but is not possible

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    How did i came into the graveyard in mission 7. i tried over the roofs but is not possible
    Sorry, do you mean how do you get into the graveyard?
    You need to remove all of the Wanted Posters and the back entrance gate will be opened